OPEN TO RELOCATION
Bradenton, FL ****2
267-***-**** • firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Investment Consultant & Team Leader
A regional investment consultant with experience managing large territories with significant growth in wealth management assets and retirement plan business. Strong leadership and industry knowledge (including understanding of mutual funds/ ETFs/SMAs), sharing best practice ideas with advisors and local management including but not limited to scalable portfolio management, investment selection (including equity, fixed income, stock, municipal bond, separately managed account manager selection, ESG), marketing, and growing their business. Proven track record of developing and maintaining existing relationships, as well as identifying and acquiring new business within the assigned territory to meet goals. Very experienced with public speaking in front of audiences of all sizes, and participating in meetings with clients and prospects.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Chicago, Michigan, Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Tennessee, Arkansas, NYC, New Jersey, Philadelphia, Washington DC, Baltimore 01/2010 – 03/2020 Vice President, Investment Advisory Specialist
• Played a key role as a member of the team that helped generate growth total AUM from $350B to $1T.
• Managed a territory which saw +$6B in gross new wealth management sales for 2019.
• Led Sales & Marketing efforts of Investment Advisory Programs & Products, including fostering sales building strategy with 3rd party partners (SMAs & mutual funds) for financial advisors and their teams.
• Developed integrated business plans and sales/marketing strategies to meet the goals of the leadership team and the needs of advisors and their clients.
• Responsible for raising and retaining assets within a geographic territory by meeting with financial advisors to provide product information, share sales ideas, and offer sales service and support.
• Continuously introduced new ways of effectively interacting with advisors which resulted in successful sales campaigns.
Vice President - Employer Plan Specialist
• Assisted financial advisors during the selling process for group retirement plans including prospecting, initial meetings and finals presentation to potential clients.
• Provided additional support to financial advisors when assessing the retirement plan’s investment menu to ensure proper diversification, best in class solutions, and simplified solutions that were in keeping with the plan’s objectives.
Lincoln Financial Distributors, Radnor, PA 03/2007 – 05/2009 Internal Sales Retirement Solutions Team Leader
Responsible for the development and growth of the retirement sales desk for both defined benefit and defined contribution plans, with the objective of raising the group retirement plan production for financial advisors within assigned territories. Coached internal team members in identifying and closing of sales opportunities.
• Developed national sales campaigns, initiatives, and tracking to maximize territory coverage and sales production by developing internal sales action plans.
• Created sales training programs for internal and external sales associates, for both existing and new members of the division.
• Implemented a strong level of sales training knowledge, sales management, and coaching skills based on many years of sales experience.
Wachovia Bank, Philadelphia, PA 04/2005 – 04/2007
Northwestern Mutual, Philadelphia, PA 06/2002 – 06/2004 Financial Advisor
Dual Bachelor of Liberal Arts, Political Science & History, Temple University, Philadelphia, PA Professional Licenses
Registered NASD Series 7, Series 24, Series 66, Life & Variable Insurance Licenses, CIMA (currently pursuing)