Bilingual (Spanish) Executive Assistant
Waldorf, MD 20602
Accomplishes executive assistant providing high-level support to a CEO and COO and other executives. Brings 8 years of experience in a call center, medical receptionist, medical assistant, and administration. Demonstrates proficiency in a high pace volume atmosphere of interaction with patients, vendors, professional representatives, doctors and staff. Work Experience
Front Office Manager/ Billing Clerk
Washington Health Institute ( HIV Clinic) ( Non-profit organization) Dr.Theo Hodge - Washington, DC May 2019 to Present
• Answer phones and welcome patients warmly
• Check office voice mail daily and respond to patient requests by the end of the business day
• Coordinate with the Medical Assistants to clear the electronic faxes daily
• Schedule appointments, verify insurance eligibility, handle correspondence
• Update patient contact information and medical records before and at each visit
• Assist in posting payments, accounting and deposits for the practice.
• Keep office equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs; providing IT support.
• Train Medical Assistants on patient registration duties to ensure cross coverage
• Coordinate with Case Management staff and interns to schedule appointments and resolve patients concerns.
• HIV / Prep coordination with other non-profits like us helping, community of hope, and dc health dept. Patient Registration Specialist/ Medical Office Assistant II (Clinical) George Washington Medical Faculty Associates (Vascular Surgery)(Plastic Surgery and Cosmetic Dept/ Fertility and IVF Dept - Washington, DC
October 2017 to July 2020
• Schedule pre-operative and follow up appts.
• Secretarial support for other physicians and nurse practitioner when needed.
• Performs pre-registration activities to gather demographic information; determines medical insurance coverage; identifies patients with delinquent accounts; confirms appointments; and registers patients into a computerized system.
• Collects payment due at time of appointment as well as payments for unpaid balances; prepares receipts for all monies collected; provides copies for reception area, billing office and the patient.
• Schedules patient appointments, tests and procedures using a computerized scheduling system; prepares appointment notices; provides patient instructions verbally or in writing in order for patient to prepare for appointment
• Assist in the OR for IVF procedures with the RN and sterilization trays .
• Call posting to post procedures with the hospital. Medical Receptionist/Call Center Agent ( Medical Dept) (Non-profit Organization)
Community of Hope - Washington, DC
January 2018 to September 2019
• Registers patients in ecw and obtains required documentation.
• Updates demographic information at every patient visit.
• Working with 4-7 provider's
• Answers and screens all telephone calls appropriately and independently, creates telephone encounters and forwards them to the appropriate personnel.
• Verifies patients’ insurances and determines any charges/co payments
• Collects payments for visits and issues receipts to the patient.
• Monitors and responds in a timely manner to patient voicemails, telephone encounters, and actions.
• Informs Practice Manager of double accounts, removes unnecessary alerts of accounts, and corrects spelling errors in patient accounts
• Assisting in the call center when the lines are busy Medical Assistant / Financial Coordinator
Washington Fertility Center - Annandale, VA
May 2015 to October 2017
• Schedule appointments/ Callbacks for patients missing appointments.
• Operating multi line phone with call volume of 50-70 calls per day.
• Consult with patients regarding their benefits, coverage and financial options
• Perform aspects of benefit verification and prior authorization
• Provide first-line contact to support patients as they pursue treatment by helping to manage day-to- day logistics
• Serve as primary point of communication between patient, healthcare providers, and all admin team members to enhance communication, promote good working relationships, accomplish assigned duties, and improve the delivery of care
• Track all patient contacts, follow ups, barriers to care and outcomes Education
Dental Assistant Certificate
Maryland Dental Assistant School - Accokeek, MD
October 2019 to January 2020
Medical Assistant Diploma
Everest institute - Silver Spring, MD
February 2013 to October 2013
High school diploma or GED
• Bilingual (spanish) (10+ years)
• Call Center (3 years)
• Receptionist (7 years)
• Administrative Assistant (7 years)
• Scheduling (7 years)
• Data Entry (7 years)
• EMR (7 years)
• Billing (5 years)
• Medical Records (7 years)
• Insurance Verification (7 years)
• Cash Handling (8 years)
• Medical Scheduling
• Medical Office Experience
• Spanish - Expert
Certifications and Licenses
February 2016 to February 2021
HIPAA and OSHA
January 2018 to Present
February 2019 to February 2021
Bloodborne Pathogens Training
February 2019 to February 2021
Filing & Organization — Highly Proficient
Measures a candidate's ability to arrange and manage files or records using a set of rules. Full results: Highly Proficient
Electronic Medical Records: Best Practices — Highly Proficient January 2020
Knowledge of EHR data, associated privacy regulations, and best practices for EHR use Full results: Highly Proficient
Medical Receptionist Skills — Proficient
Managing physician schedules and maintaining accurate patient records Full results: Proficient
Indeed Assessments provides skills tests that are not indicative of a license or certification, or continued development in any professional field.