RAMYA.A NO.*, MULLAI NAGAR EXT.,
E-Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org THIRUMULLAI VOYAL COLONY,
Contact No : +91-984******* CHENNAI – 600062.
To succeed in an environment of growth and excellence and earn a job which provide me job satisfaction and self-development and help me achieve personal as well as organizational goals. EXPERIENCE:
MARCH 2020 TO TILL DATE:
Working as Application Research Technologist in Harris & Menuk Chemicals, Chennai Harris and Menuk was established in 1978 in Srilanka and is an integrated company that specializes in sales, marketing and research & development of textile auxiliaries, specialist chemicals and enzymes.
• To perform research on the developing new chemicals for Textile Chemical processing
• To understand the problems of existing products and to rectify it
• To do trails on coating on textile fabrics to meet customer requirements such as, water repellent, flame retardant, Urethane coating, etc. and to check its performance properties. Quality control • To check the properties of daily production chemicals and to provide certificate of analysis for the same
• To store the production samples and developing research sample trials and maintaining records for the same.
• To maintain lab cleanliness and environment on regular basis. SEPTEMBER 2017 TO DECEMBER 2018:
Worked as Laboratory Executive in Shahi Exports Pvt. Ltd., Unit-12, Bangalore Shahi exports was established in 1974 in India and has grown to become India’s largest apparel manufacturer, operating 65 factories and 3 processing mills across 9 states. They work with world’s biggest brands of apparel.
● Test assigning, result verification and report generation for the given fabric/ garment: Test assigning for the given sample as per various buyer protocol and to verify the results for their accuracy and compare it with buyer requirement and generating report for the same.
● Quality check: Samples are tested for its quality as per buyer protocol and confirming its repeatability and reproducibility.
● Reporting to Buyer: Reporting buyers the fabric/ garment quality with reference to the guidelines of their protocol.
● Updating technicians on protocol: Understanding the protocol and periodically updating the changes to the lab team to incorporate the same.
● Buyers handled: PVH which includes Van heusen, Tommy Hilfiger, calvin klein, IZOD. Also handled GAP, Kohls, Eddie Buyer. Buyer accreditation
● Working on for buyer accreditation and certificate renewal: Organize lab auditing for accreditation, sample arrangement, technicians periodical training and update on protocol and test methods, reporting, verification on equipment calibration, communication with buyers.
● Assigning proper work to the subordinates & training them on the updates
● Guiding and following of proper work follow chain
● Minimizing errors.
● Supporting teamwork
JULY 2015 TO SEPTEMBER 2017:
Worked as Laboratory Executive in Bureau Veritas India, Bangalore Bureau Veritas started in 1828, is a global company in testing, inspection and certification services. Bureau Veritas offer services and solutions to ensure that the products, infrastructure and processes meet standards and regulations in terms of quality, health and safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
● Fiber Composition Analysis: Identification of the fibers present in the sample both qualitatively and quantitatively.
● Labelling: Do verification and recommendation for fiber content labeling as per regulations.
● Additional Test performed: Water repellency- Spray Test, Oil Repellency, Soil release, Vertical Wicking test, Surface Water Absorption of Terry Fabrics and colorfastness properties Quality
● Perform industry standard tests to ensure quality
● Accuracy in results
● Repeatability and reproducibility in test results
● Minimize errors
● Equipment calibration, verification and record maintenance
● Use proper personal protective equipment and maintain required testing environment
● Proper Chemical handling and disposal
JUNE 2012 TO NOV 2013:
Worked as Assistant Professor in Jaya Engineering College, Chennai Jaya Engineering College is an educational institute started in 1995, certified and affiliated to Anna University.
Textile subjects Handled
● Spun Yarn Technology
● Process and quality control in spinning
● Woven Fabric Structure
● Technical Textiles
● Conducting Seminars
● Examination Control
● Conducting departmental activities
MAY 2010 TO SEP 2010:
Worked as Junior Merchandiser in Meenakshi India Limited, Chennai Meenakshi India Limited are manufacturer and exporter of knitted garment wears for Men, Women and Kids.
As a trainee, I was trained to do the following
● Buyer requirement analysis
● Following sampling
● Communicating with buyers
● Following production
● Business Follow-up’s
● Time management
YEAR CGPA / %
AC COLLEGE OF
2012 8.00 CGPA
STATE BOARD 2006 84.83%
MATRIC 2004 78.27%
MBA – Business management in Madras University as a correspondence course in 2013 PROJECTS:
B.Tech : “An investigation into effect of seams on fabric bending properties at different orientations”
M.Tech : “Development of metal coated glass fabric for radiation shielding” CO-CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES:
During my Under Graduation in Jaya Engineering College, I have achieved the following,
● Presented a paper on Agro-Tex and won 1st Place in “TEX-FAD” at the National level Technical Symposium held at Pavendar Bharathidasan college of engineering and technology in 2007
● Undergone an Industrial Training at Ambattur Clothing Limited in 2008
● Made a project on green textile composites and exhibited it in “JExhibit Z ’ 08”, an inter- department technical exhibition conducted in Jaya Engineering College
● Undergone an Industrial Training at Ordnance Clothing Factory in 2009 PERSONAL PROFILE:
Name : RAMYA
Gender : Female
Date of Birth : 06-11-1988
Father’s Name : AYYAPPAN.M
Husband’s Name : DURAIARUN
Languages Known : Tamil, English
Marital Status : Married
Nationality : Indian
Present Address : 90/6 Magizhchi colony, T.S.Krishna nagar, Mugappair east, Chennai-600037
I hereby acknowledge that the details provided are true to the best of my knowledge and belief. Date: 12.12.2020 RAMYA.A