Result-oriented and highly analytical accounting and finance professional with over 7 years
experience in financial and operational audits, taxation, budgeting and forecasting. I aspire to be a Chartered Accountant and Financial Analyst who will be a strategic support resource behind any growth agenda and future policy setting of any organization.
Finance Manager November 2020 – To date
Rising Network, Ghana
● Optimizing the finance department to produce better, more relevant and more timely financial information for strategic management decisions.
● Ensuring that the company’s expenditure does not exceed 85% of the budget.
● Overall responsibility and control of financial planning and departmental budgeting.
● Ensuring 100% revenue cash collection through the company’s POS system.
● Reviewing and approval of payroll and payments for over 550 staff.
● Ensuring excellent relationships and relevant compliance with bankers, finance providers, auditors, and relevant statutory bodies.
Finance & Operations Manager June 2018 – October 2020
Eneza Education Ghana & Kenya
• Developed short and medium-term budgets in collaboration with the CFO in Kenya (HQ) and strategic plans for day-to-day operations.
• Maintained an 85% budget spending across all functional departments by conducting a monthly review with departmental managers to evaluate actual performance against budget.
• Established internal controls and finance systems for procurements, payments and payroll and ensured its compliance across all departments.
• Prepared monthly management report as well as a cash flow forecast to be discussed with senior-level executives both in Ghana and Kenya using advanced software proficiencies
• Collaborated with the Country Director to prepare our business and financial models which won us $30,000.00 at the MIT Solve Challenge for startups.
• Manage relationship with project partners to ensure successful completion of the grants-related project.
• Liaised with External Auditors to conduct an audit on the company’s 2018 financial accounts.
• Performed bank reconciliation statements for all the bank accounts and ensured parity with the accounting system and quickly resolved issues if any with our banks.
• Reduced our receivable collection days from 50days to 30days by ensuring timely issuing of invoice and bi-weekly reconciliation with clients. This resulted in a 10% increase in our cash availability.
• Built favourable terms with suppliers and ensured that all payments were within the credit period which made the company enjoy a five percent (5%) discount on purchases made.
• Maintained and updated the fixed assets register of the company.
• Managed payroll of employees across the five (5) departmental functions of the company and ensured all other statutory (SSNIT, PAYE and Tier Two) payments made on a timely basis. I achieved a zero percent (0%) margin of error with payroll payment.
• Handled VAT payment and all Withholding tax obligations in a timely manner and saved the company of penalties from the tax authorities.
Audit and Accounts Manager January 2015 – May 2018
Total Management Consult – Kumasi
• Facilitated financial and operational audits, working with internal and external managers to communicate recommendations or issues surrounding audits.
• Supervised accounting department operations and a team of up to 2 employees.
• Resolved escalated clients’ issues in a timely manner, which boosted retention rates by 30%.
• Reviewed more than 14 financial statements within 3years.
• Reviewed journal entries and general ledgers for month-end balance sheet reconciliation.
• Handled VAT returns in a timely manner for four (4) clients of the company on monthly basis.
• Met audit deadlines by proactively managing individual and team tasks and implementing internal control processes.
• Prepared monthly reports, including payment and account reconciliations and financial statements.
Audit Officer November 2013 – December 2014
Amoako Boateng & Associates – Kumasi
• Prepared working papers, reports and supporting documentation for audit findings.
• Reviewed and recommended accounting systems and controls for four second-rated clients' business.
• Managed statutory returns such as VAT, PAYE and SSNIT for eight (8) clients.
• Completed audit papers by thoroughly documenting audit tests and findings.
• Performed administrative tasks such as recordkeeping, writing correspondence and gathering materials.
Master of Business Administration (Finance and Accounting) 2020 - 2022
Association of Charted Certified Accountants (ACCA) United Kingdom
(Strategic Professional Certificate) - Chartered Accountant January
2021 Oxford Brookes University United Kingdom
Bsc. Applied Accounting (Upper Second-Class Honours) March 2014
Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) United Kingdom
ACCA Part II (Advanced Diploma in Accounting & Business) March 2012
Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) United Kingdom ACCA Professional Ethics Module Certificate 2012
Barekese Senior High School Ashanti Region
West African Senior Secondary Certificate Examination in General
Science June 2009
Awarded Best ACCA Student in Ghana for Corporate Governance, Risk & Ethics (P1) March 2018
Entrepreneurs Academy - UK Leadership Accredited Certificate February 2018 Developing effective marketing strategies & Business Management
• Leadership and results-oriented.
• Financial analysis, Auditing and report writing.
• Written, oral and presentational skills.
• Customer relationship management.
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel and Word) and Google office suite.
• Good knowledge of Ghana Taxation and excellent knowledge in accounting principles and standards (IFRS)
• In-depth working knowledge of business and accounting software such as QuickBooks, Xero and LivePlan.
• Fair knowledge of Workday Financials.
• Team player and problem solver.