Accomplished Military Officer with over 25 years of experience in Leadership, Course Development, Fleet Management, Safety/Risk Management, Program Management, Process Improvement, and Strategic Planning. Experience includes:
Created and sustained a culture that ensured compliance (Safety, Environment, current Good Manufacturing Practice
(cGMP) that was imperative for an organization, focusing on continuous improvement and customer satisfaction.
Developed strategic initiatives related to equipment and human resources in support of long-range operating plans, which included managing the deployment of the largest supply room within a brigade with over 1,000 lines of a Prescribed Load List and 6,500 lines of Bench Stock worth over $55 million.
Established Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) that incorporated best practices from maintenance support, which resulted in reducing equipment downtime to 15%, reducing safety incidents by 20%, increasing operational aircraft to 10% above published standards, and spearheading engine repair that saved the Army over $25 million on 48 engines.
Developed and managed an operating budget, which included stewardship of a $4 million Flying-Hour Budget while analyzing and forecasting expenditures for numerous aviation units; saved almost $500 thousand in one year by working with the National Guard Bureau in negotiating the reimbursement rate per flight hour.
Built exceptional cross-functional teams that possessed high levels of initiative, attention to detail, and commitment to excellence and career growth through the execution of over 500 hours of training, development, and coaching. EDUCATION
Master of Natural Resources in Global Sustainability (3.97 GPA), Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, VA Bachelor of Science in Aviation Maintenance (Magna cum Laude), Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS
• Master Resiliency Trainer & Logistician
• Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Trained
• Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Airframe
and Powerplant Certification
United States Army – Various Global Locations 2000 - Present Instructor and Course Developer - Advanced Leadership and Aircraft Maintenance (2018 – Present)
• Developed, reviewed, and updated Advanced Leadership and Aircraft Maintenance course curriculum, training material, and lesson plans, and managed the blackboard digital and virtual instructional systems to deliver courses.
• Developed curriculum based on the Army Learning Model, which included over 500 instructional hours across 36 basic and 18 advance leadership courses, graduating 20 students per course with a 92.4 average GPA.
• Developed workable solutions to address complex problems, which included refashioning training amidst COVID-19 by developing virtual classes that resulted in zero missed days of instruction, keeping the course on time. Aviation Fleet Material Manager (2016 – 2018)
• Provided oversight of 132 critical aviation assets valued at $1.8B throughout the Korean area of operations, which included monitoring the compliance with Safety of Use/Maintenance regulations and modifying work orders to include assets evacuated to U.S. depot-level maintenance and product warranties programs.
• Spearheaded the transition phase of a fleet worth $405M, which included negotiating and coordinating all the logistics of people, parts, and supplies, and restructuring the workforce.
• Championed several initiatives from corrosion prevention to the prioritization of a $52M hangar build.
• Oversaw monthly safety audits to ensure safety compliance with policies and regulations; incidents dropped 20%.
• Revised the Standard Operating Procedures incorporating best practices from maintenance support. BAE Plans Officer (2015 – 2016)
• Provided consultative advice as the subject matter expert in Aviation regulations, administration, and logistical requirements to deploy Reserve and National Guard forces to global missions. Oversaw the Flying Hour Program and the Joint Air Logistics Information System.
• Conducted budget analysis of a $4M annual budget, monitoring expenditures and department finances.
• Reduced overall expenditures by 10%, identifying nearly $400 thousand in non-critical supplies.
• Monitored nearly $500K in travel funds overseeing all Defense Travel System travel authorizations and expense reports. Platoon Leader (2011 – 2014)
• Managed, coordinated, and supervised quality maintenance performed by 65 personnel, which included inspecting, servicing, testing, repairing, and adjusting aircraft components for helicopters.
• Completed an average of 400 annual work orders on aviation communications, navigations, survivability, and night vision systems, and spearheaded the efficient repair of 48 aircraft engines, saving over $25M annually.
• Performed periodic maintenance, inspections, and testing on $100K worth of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).