Vincent Joseph, B.Com
Experienced Senior Accountant – Group Financial Reporting & Budgeting Resident Bahrain GCC Driving License Indian Passport Competencies
• Executing / Assist in the closing and reconciliation of accounts and preparing financial reports at a Group Level.
• Executing / Assist in the yearly corporate budget cycle and reforecasting. ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES TAKES CARE OF
Assist in executing the timely and accurate closing and consolidation of all ledgers and accounts on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
Reconcile Group balance sheet schedules and follow up with Departments and subsidiaries/ associates on outstanding issues and concerns.
Assist in preparation of the quarterly and annual financial statements in compliance with International Financial Reporting Standards
Provide support to internal and external auditors and promptly provide and clarify all audit queries raised.
Coordinate with external auditors to ensure a smooth external Audit verification in accordance with statutory requirements and applicable international accounting standards.
Handle special analyses such as financial analysis and cash flow forecasting.
Handle the closing of subsidiaries maintained at the Group level.
Assist in preparation and submission of other applicable internal and external reporting. Group budgeting
Assist in developing budget plans and schedules in line with the company’s policies and ensure the soundness and integrity of all budget data.
Assist in overseeing the variance analysis for all balance sheet and income statement line items in relation to the budget to ensure that every aspect of the company and department budget variances are analyzed in detail with supporting evidence and commentary. Routine Accounting Department Operations
• Most Relevant Competencies and Duties Performed during the Career and recent.
• Periodical (Monthly, quarterly and annual) F/Statements (Cashflows, B/Sheets and income statements)
• Accounts Receivables / Debtors and Payables, Funds flows
• VAT / Sales Tax Payment, Returns, Reporting, Legal / Regulatory compliances
• Statutory and payments such as VAT, GOSI, LMRA, Property Tax.
• Utilities such as Insurance (CAR Policies, Work-Men, Fire Insurance), Electricity/Water.
• Credit Cards controls and recons are done before the deadline.
• All Finance and Accounts operations, Posting sales / other Revenue invoices
• Review transactions and posting payment vouchers & monthly Journal entries
• Payment vouchers, Treasury Operations, Journal entries
• Financial accounting role eg. AR, AP, GL, Inventory, in accordance with IFRS
• Inter Company / Sub Ledger Reconciliations, Fixed Assets and Depreciations
• Accruals / Reversals and Pre-paid accounts
• Perform full set / Financial Deck of accounting and ensure timely closure
• Perform all Bank Reconciliations and closure of Open issues / entries related
• ME/Periodical Recons of GLs, Inventory, Banks and Closure Reporting
• Monthly variance and analysis reports for management team
• Ensure the presence of best Internal Control systems are in place to achieve financial discipline, Fraud Controls, and Procurement speed and quality through issuance of LPOs in advance against budgets and actuals analysis.
• Management Remunerations, Employee Benefits, and regulatory requirements.
• Audit Collaborations - assisting with internal and external audit and compliances (MOC,
• GOSI, LMRA, Tamkeen etc.) fulfilling
• Monitor all financial data related to various Projects completed and on-going and
• prepare Pro-active, timely and accurate statements for Engineering and Operations team to
• take informed decisions in time.
REPORTING LINES : AVP - Group Financial Controller, Director Finance & Accounts, Finance Manager etc. KEY RESULT AREAS:
Adherence to financial reporting timeline
Accuracy of financial statements
RELATED YEARS OF EXPERIENCE: Years of experience of financial accounting and management accounting experience FIELD OF EXPERIENCE:
Experience of accounting within Contracting, Trading, International Trading, Taxations, VAT Compliances, Internal as well External Audits and / or related industry.
Experience in complex Group-wide accounting and reporting, preferably in a public company TECHNICAL AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS
Knowledge of and ability to apply international accounting standards
Experience with Oracle ERP and Hyperion, SAP, and other Custom ERPs
Knowledge of and ability to adhere to internal controls
Working knowledge of MS Excel and MS Word
Vigilant and detail oriented
Strong analytical, problem solving, planning and project management skills
Ability to manage multiple tasks at once
Bachelor’s degree in accounting
Masters in Finance and International Business
Professional accounting qualification e.g. Pursuing CPA currently with PWC, Middle East. Position, Employers, Period
Chief Accountant Al-Ahlia Contracting Co. S.P.C, Bahrain Jan ‘18 – Current - 2.9 years
Financial Analyst (Revenues) Flipkart Internet Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore, India Sep ‘13 – Apr ’17 - 3.5 years
Sr. Specialist – Finance & Taxation Sistema Shyam Teleservices Ltd., Bangalore Feb ‘09 – Feb ’13 - 4.5 years
Team Leader (Finance) Affinity Consultants Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi, India Feb ‘07 – Jan ‘09 - 2.0 years
Finance Officer SRK Fincon Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi, India Sep ’00 – Feb ’07 References
1. Sushimon Karunakaran, Finance Manager
CFO / Director – Affinity Consultants, New Delhi email - email@example.com 3. Rajesh Kathuria – FCA +91-981*******, Director – SRK Fincon Pvt Ltd, New Delhi email: firstname.lastname@example.org