Roy T. Wilson
Columbia, MD 21046
Washington, DC- Active Licensed Attorney
Maryland- Active Licensed Attorney
Western Michigan School of Law, Lansing Michigan,
Dual Degree: Juris Doctor (J.D.), May 2012
Masters of Law (LL.M.), Corporate Law and Finance with specialization in Global Public Company Law, December 2012
South Carolina State University, Orangeburg, South Carolina B.A., Political Science, Prelaw, May 2007
London Disability, Attorney, Baltimore, Maryland January 2020- Present
• Prepare legal briefs and opinions, and file appeals with Social Security Administration Appeals Council.
• Prepare and draft various legal documents.
• Evaluate findings and develop strategies and arguments in preparation for presentation of cases.
• Gather evidence to formulate legal strategy, by such means as interviewing clients and witnesses to ascertain the facts of a case.
• Hands-on experience in analyzing complex cases and resolving issues.
• Immense knowledge of supplemental securities and disability.
• Exceptional knowledge of estate planning techniques.
• Instruct/ Coach case managers.
• Ability to interpret various social security regulations and procedures.
• Familiarity of supplement security income programs. Merrill Lynch, Financial Advisor, Hunt Valley, Maryland November 2017- January 2020
• Created strategies to develop and expand existing client accounts.
• Analyzed financial information obtained from clients to determine strategies for meeting clients’ financial objectives.
• Identified roles/ responsibilities of each team member and managed delegating tasks and tracking through completion leveraging Salesforce.
• Organized and executed the team’s client acquisition plan through marketing activities.
• Built a relationship with specialists within the firm and leveraged the relationship to drive the team’s overall vision.
• Served as a liaison between clients and firm to put a plan in place where client’s issues, concerns and ideas were addressed in order to run an efficient practice. Roy T. Wilson
7256 Procopio Circle,
Columbia, MD 21046
Wells Fargo Bank, NA, Business Banker, Columbia, Maryland July 2015- November 2017
• Analyzed applicants’ financial status, credit and property evaluation to determine feasibility of granting loans.
• Continued education on current banking products and services through computer based learning.
• Provided financial advice on mortgage, educational and personal loans.
• Assisted in training for new branch employees.
• Adhered to all federal and state compliance guidelines for retail lending.
• Created strategies to develop and expand existing customer sales.
• Assisted senior- level credit officers in developing business loan applications.
• Complied with regulatory requirements including Bank Secrecy Act, Anti money laundering, OFAC, USA Patriot Act, and Privacy Act.
• Maintained a high client retention rate by consistently providing exceptional service. RELEVANT EXPERIENCE
Steven Howard Attorney at Law, Legal Intern, Lansing Michigan August 2011- December 2012 Researched and transcribed documents that defined the expertise of gun shell ballistics. Conducted documentary and evidentiary research and attended dispositions. Prepared motions and briefs for presentation in court or in witness depositions. Met with clients for their pre-court appearances and post-court appearances to ensure adequate communication of case status. Provided assistance to firm partners and paralegal staff. Acquired extensive knowledge on criminal law and civil procedures, and court decorum through shadowing at criminal trials.
Washtenaw Public Defenders’ Office, Externship, Ann Arbor, Michigan January 2011- May 2012 Worked as a student attorney representing indigent clients. Daily gained courtroom experience, one on one client contact, and enhanced research and writing skills. Conducted jail visits for client interviews and investigation of alleged crime scenes. Engaged in witness preparation. Responsible for a daily dockets which included misdemeanor charges and trials. Duties included speaking on the record, questioning and cross examining witnesses throughout the course of trials. Operated under direction of supervising attorney. Highlights
* Notary Public
* Trial Advocacy
* Legal Writing
* Database Reporting System
* Series 7 (General Securities Representative)
* Series 66 (Registered Investment Advisor)