Ambitious, dedicated, intelligent, and relationship oriented salesman (counseling & coaching are EXTREMELY similar) with a strong background in recruiting, relationship building, sales, operating, and working with a variety of different personalities and people. Additional strengths include leadership, collaboration, and problem solving with a team charged mindset.
Turpin High School, August 2018 – Current
Professional School Counselor
● Successful School Counseling Team responsible for successfully managing academic, social/emotional, and career/college success for a caseload of over 300 students.
● Led multiple initiatives to assist in developing, and collaborating with a strong variety of stakeholders including parents, students, teachers, administrators, and outside businesses/partners to develop the best approach to success for the students on my caseload..
● One of 5 High School Counselors on The Ohio State University Advisory Board who discuss, collaborate, and review 5 year strategic growth plans for the university as a whole.
● Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills that accompany a relentless work ethic and inspiration for assisting others and doing what is in the best interest of the student/school/business.
● Advisor and Leader for Hope Squad and Grant Us Hope Initiatives.
● Key team member of our school’s PBIS and MTSS Teams that received the Gold Standard of Excellence in Education for three straight years.
● Tripled our number of career tech student attendees with 1 year of being the lead counselor for Career/Tech. Students.
BERRY INTERMEDIATE, LEBANON CITY SCHOOLS 2014-2018 Guidance Counselor
● Named Staff Member of the Quarter, with only 5 nominees being presented in the entire district.
● Consistently and successfully communicated with and across all levels of stakeholders and with intense focus and leadership centered value driving initiative for overall student success.
● Ultimately, these tier 2 Small Groups and Tier 1 individual counseling opportunities decreased attendance, behavior, and academic concerns by 13% over my
● Key point leader in organizing a variety of donations, gifts, and meals for many students/families in the Lebanon area for both Thanksgiving and the Holidays.
● Recruited multiple outside mental health and wrap around service providers which culminated in an additional 10 outside providers being able to supply supports for the students of Berry Intermediate.
● Lead and initiated a strong comprehensive data-driven school counseling program which included a total of 14 small group supports, Individual presentations and lessons on Goal-Setting and Anxiety Management, Positive Building Moral and Behavior Systems, and individual counseling sessions with over 100 students. Assistant Coach & Graduate Manager- Northern Kentucky University Men's Basketball Team, 2011-2014
● Recruited the Atlantic Sun 2015 Rookie of the Year and a 2015 Second Team A-Sun All Conference Player.
● Sold and recruited numerous Division One athletes on coming to NKU despite NCAA Transition Rules banning any post-season play.
● Developed strategic game plans which lead NKU to the best winning record among schools transitioning to D1.
● Sold value proposition and networked with major NKU donors to ensure continued financial support ● Managed and organized player’s schedules, academic progress, and post-graduation career plans. ● Negotiated non-conference schedule and motivated players through development. Inside Sales- Prasco Pharmaceuticals, Aug 2009 - Aug 2011
● Sold Generic products to Wholesalers (McKesson, Cardinal, AmeriSource, etc)
● Trended towards Presidents Club in 2011
● Quarter 1 - 1/25
● Quarter 2 - 3/25
● Quarter 3 - 1/25
● Won Presidents Club in 2010
● Quarter 1 - 6/25
● Quarter 2 - 4/25
● Quarter 3 - 1/25
● Quarter 4 - 1/25
● Won Rookie of the Year award in 2010
Volunteering with Consistency
● Ronald McDonald House every Christmas, and frequently for Thanksgiving.
● 2x’s Volunteer at Duke Energy Center’s Fall Feast---Organizing and Leading Haircuts for those in need.
● Adopt a Family from our Family (5 families 2020). Education Background
Northern Kentucky University
-Masters in School Counseling 3.8 GPA
University of Ulster
-Completed MBA with a 3.8 GPA.
-Strong Leadership Involvement in Community Outreach completed within the Protestant & Catholic Communities with Basketball being the 1 Non-Sectarian Sport in Northern Ireland to bring the communities together.
-Competed in the Professional Basketball League in Ireland & England; led the league in Rebounding and received the Best Teammate Award.
Coastal Carolina University, Conway — Business Marketing 2001-2005 3.5 GPA -Captain 2004-2005 Basketball Season- -4 Time Varsity Basketball Team Member -3-Time All Conference Academic Team (only 2 student-athletes per sport).-Head Coach named top 3 Toughest Players he coached in his 25 years of Coaching Division 1 Basketball by Coach Pete Strickland.-Interned in Sales at Xerox Corporation for 2 Years and also in the Strength & Conditioning Room.