Portsmouth, VA 23701 Email: email@example.com
Obtaining an at home position in your company.
Old Dominion University, Norfolk, VA August 2018
Bachelors of Science in Criminal Justice, and a Bachelors in Science in Psychology.
Also currently working on a master’s degree in creative writing. GPA 4.0
I have a certification in freelance writing.
I have experience in editing material, and trying to have my first book published.
Editor and blogger internship with blueskytalk.org
Tidewater Community College, English Department January, 2014-August, 2015
● Helped develop lesson plans for Mrs. Wood for her English 111 classes and ENF classes.
● Graded papers and tests. I also got to sit in for her public speaking classes and give feedback to the students
● Tutored students in need of help with the material
Cutco Industries, Chesapeake, VA May, 2013
Trained quickly for this position to amount to faster and better sales.
Used good telephone skills to make appointments for house calls to show and sell the products.
● Gave in-home demonstrations of the products. Showed how each worked and what you could use each piece with.
● Sold products and made calls and went house to house selling products
● Went to weekly meetings to discuss new products
Good customer service skills that allowed me to sell the products to the buyers.
Babysitter and Tudor on Care.com, Hampton Roads Area March, 2013-August 2015
● Tutor in English grades K-12
● Took care of children
● Daily home tasks (cleaning, laundry)
Jeannies Used Bookstore, Portsmouth, VA 2012- Present
● Organized and categorized books
● Helped customers find what they were looking for
● Cleaned the shop when needed
● Student Ambassador August 2014-May 2015
Proficient in Microsoft Office
Great with a camera for advertising and marketing
Proficient in all of the social media platforms.
Excellent at time management skills, as well as being level headed in stressful and/or fast paced situations.
Certification in freelance writing.
Student ambassador for a year, which allowed me to have the chance to use my creative marketing skills for events that we hosted.