Christopher J. Rugen
Freeport, NY 631-***-**** email@example.com christopherjrugen.com
RESORTS WORLD CASINO, NEW YORK March 2019 to Present Design Lead
Driving the creative development and managing production of all print, digital, experiential and social media marketing for three of the branded entities operated by Genting Group America: Resorts World Casino New York City, Resorts World Catskills and Resorts World Bimini, Bahamas.
• Working with the VP of Marketing, individual Marketing Directors, Advertising Manager and other department heads to deliver targeted messaging and effective media solutions for each property.
• Developing a comprehensive library of responsive HTML email templates and expanding the interactive digital experience online and on-premises to maximize patron engagement. WEBMD, New York, NY November 2008 to January 2018
Lead Art Director
Led a creative team in development of interactive learning programs and digital marketing campaigns to promote major pharmaceutical brands across Medscape’s professional online community.
• Collaborated with Account Management, Web Development, Editorial and Marketing teams to provide dynamic design solutions that met brand-spec ific requirements, exc eeded c lient expec tations and outperformed sales goals.
• Served as Resource Manager, monitoring daily workflow of three staff designers and one off-site freelancer.
• Implemented process improvements proven to reduce launch times, increase quarterly revenue and maintain a near-100% on-time completion rate.
• Mentored junior staff, determined annual individual & team performance goals, conducted employee Page 1 reviews, approved time sheets and scheduled vacation requests. BROOKLYN PR, Brooklyn, NY January 2008 to November 2008 Creative Director (Consultant)
Oversaw and directed conceptual and strategic development of advertising, marketing, and PR campaigns for various clients, e.g., American Cancer Society, Chef’s Diet, Pfizer, Proctor & Gamble, Olay and PUR.
• Conducted new client kick-offs, determined creative direction, created and presented initial mockups.
• Monitored daily workflow, delegated assignments and supervised junior staff. TRUMP UNIVERSITY, New York, NY April 2007 to January 2008 Creative Director (Consultant)
Devised effective marketing strategies to enhance brand visibility, boost sales, and maximize ROI.
• Collaborated with CEO and Marketing to translate corporate initiatives into powerful, visual designs.
• Established formal brand guidelines and implemented email design & testing best practices to improve click-through rates, reduce spam scores and increase revenue. KZS ADVERTISING (presently KZSW Advertising), Hauppauge, NY July 2005 to April 2007 Art Director
Provided fresh, alternative conceptual designs for a wide range of new and existing accounts, from Audiovox and Jensen to Winthrop University Hospital.
• Worked with CD, Sr. AD and CW on developing trade & consumer print and digital media campaigns. HARMAN CONSUMER GROUP, Woodbury, NY November 1999 to July 2005 Art Director/Multimedia Designer
Designed and produced marketing materials for premier audio brands Harman Kardon, Infinity, and JBL.
• Launched the use of multimedia to promote JBL consumer products by composing cutting-edge videos that debuted at key corporate-sponsored live events including Eric Clapton & Cream concerts at MSG; Cold Mountain movie screening; and Hot Import Nights & Import Revolution conventions.
• Managed the department’s annual hardware & software budgets and researched the latest technologies. Upgraded operating system to Mac OSX, trained design staff on new software, and installed Apple file server; resulting in a $15K cost reduction of external consulting fees. ADDITIONAL EXPERIENCE
Graphic Communications Instructor, HENDRIKS INSTITUTE, 2001 to 2003 EDUCATION
Bachelor of Fine Arts, ALFRED UNIVERSITY, Alfred, NY CERTIFICATIONS
Web Design & E-commerce Development, HENDRIKS INSTITUTE Mac OSX Help Desk, APPLE TRAINING FACILITY
Page 2 Christopher J. Rugen 631-***-**** firstname.lastname@example.org christopherjrugen.com