David L Daniels
Wellfleet, MA 908-***-**** email@example.com https://www.linkedin.com/in/davidldaniels/ INSUSTRY ANALYST MARKET RESEARCHER AND DIGITAL MARKETING THOUGHT LEADER COMMITTED TO DRIVING BRAND AWARENESS AND LEVERAGING CUSTOMER INTIMACY TO DRIVE BREAKTHROUGH RESULTS.
Creative commercial driver with a proven track record of leading strategic growth expansion through data- driven ecommerce insight; known for building a team culture that generates results and accountability. Email Marketing Customer Data Platforms CRM Utilization Industry Analyst Market Research Digital Transformation Insights Cultivating Executive Relationships Digital Marketing Thought Leader Publisher Leadership Transformation Leader The Relevancy Group, Boston, MA January 2010 to June 2020 Founder and Chief Executive Officer
Responsible for creating thought leading digital marketing, Internet industry insights that shape innovative marketing strategies, enabling clients to build brand awareness and reputation.
● United the efforts of all teams to improve awareness, consideration, acquisition, retention, conversion, advocacy, and revenue growth with a data-driven customer experience-first approach.
● Mentored, recruited, and grew a sales, marketing and research organization that optimized the customer experience and to ensure company delivered world class market research
● Led the organization to deeply understand two-sided drivers of both selling and purchasing behaviors across a variety of customer channels
● Defined a performance marketing growth roadmap across all viable channels (areas of expertise include social, email marketing, influencer, TV, radio, podcast, magazine, direct mail, customer experience), ensuring clients are positioned thoughtfully while achieving growth KPIs and delivering ROI.
● Developed and implemented effective attribution models to understand the performance of all channels and optimize spend accordingly, providing analytical insight into customer acquisition, behavior, and characteristics.
● Partnered with customers to develop commercial digital roadmaps by asset that will include a gap analysis and a recommended plan of action that surpasses growth targets.
● Collaborated with clients and company team to create digital engagement methodologies that enhance content, marketing automation, and journey/experience maps.
● Partnered with core internal and external stakeholders to craft digital strategy, translating needs into capabilities and mapping against an IT ecosystem.
● Led brand, creative design, and media teams to materially grow and efficiently capitalize on customer brand elements and strengths.
● Developed data driven, hypothesis-backed market research that generated new products and marketing to drive new sales activity and revenue, forge relationships amongst target and prospect buyer audiences, and deepen partnerships. The Marketer Quarterly, Boston, MA October 2013 to May 2019 Founder and Publisher
● Published a digital periodical providing content that helped the world's top brands deliver personalized digital marketing across all connected touchpoints to launch, analyze, and optimize their digital advertising campaigns across display email, mobile, video, audio, digital out of home, and addressable TV formats.
● Created strategic partnerships with key publishers and other emerging media platforms.
● Collaborated with platform partnerships, industry associations to drive integrations and unique offerings.
● Developed and maintained strong publisher relationships throughout the email and digital marketing industries.
● Participated as a keynote speaker in trade groups and digital marketing industry initiatives.
● Grew and developed a focused team of individuals dedicated to delivering valuable content that resonated with the digital marketing community.
● Cultivated a pipeline of potential advertisers.
● developed a mobile app for all platforms.
● Built and developed a team of individuals focused on leveraging digital magazine content for revenue opportunities, utilizing publisher programmatic systems and the digital ad ecosystems.
● Performed as keynote speaker at events globally. Forrester, Cambridge, MA August 2008 to January 2010 Vice President, Principal Analyst
● Guided the merger of the legacy Jupiter Research business into the Forrester structure.
● Partnered with our sales reps and solutions partners to promote research-based consulting capabilities with prospects and clients.
● Created high-quality research-based consulting deliverables, such as business cases, models, forecasts and buyer’s guides, maturity assessments, strategic roadmaps, sales enablement program models, and performance metrics reviews.
● Partnered with other consultants or research analysts to develop repeatable consulting offerings based on our published methodologies as well as other practice-development activities. Jupiter Research, New York, NY July 1999 to August 2008 Vice President,
● Led the Industries and Infrastructure research group, comprising analysts for Retail, Travel, Health/Pharma, Business to Business.
● Demonstrated market research and insight Capabilities with prospects and clients. set the research agenda for, and authored and edited research for these industries and web operations including CRM, customer service, search analytics, and email marketing.
● Designed and analyzed consumer and executive surveys, providing analysis of behaviors and attitudes.
● Represented the research to the press, including print and broadcast press and media.
● Collaborated with industry associations to bring attention and clarity to ecommerce.
● Created high-quality research-based consulting deliverables for startups and Fortune 50 such as business cases, models, forecasts and buyer’s guides, maturity assessments, strategic roadmaps, sales enablement program models, and performance metrics reviews.
● Partnered with other consultants or research analysts to develop repeatable consulting offerings based on our published methodologies as well as other practice-development activities. Other Relevant Experience
● New York University, Stern School of Business, New York, NY, Adjunct Professor of Digital Marketing and CRM, developed and taught class curriculum.
● NBC Weekend Today Show, New York, NY, Technology and eCommerce Correspondent
● Apple Computer, Lakewood, NJ, Associate Director of Call Center Operations, Training and CRM for their Apple Direct and Educator Direct Programs.
● The Online Trust Alliance, Board Advisor
● Micro Warehouse, Lakewood, NJ, Associate Director of Call Center Operations, Training, and CRM
● Pro Team, Secaucus, NJ, Director of Call Operations and CRM
● MenuHunter.com, Wall, NJ, Co-Founder and Chief Operating Officer
● Anthropologie, Philadelphia, PA, Director of Direct Operations and CRM Education
Dartmouth College, Hanover, NH Certificate, Executive Leadership, 2020 Mercer County College, West Windsor, NJ bachelor's degree, Political Science and Economics Publications
• Email Marketing An Hour A day ISBN-13 : 978-0470386736, Published by Sybex/Wiley June 2009, translated into seven languages
• Market Research Reports, including The ROI of Relevance and The Adobe Maturity Model