Aly Hassan Allam
Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Mobile: +971-********* Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cluster general manager with extensive background in senior hospitality roles. Have the expertise and talent needed to achieve performance goals and objectives.
Strong leader who possess outstanding work ethic and integrity
A genuine hotelier results oriented who gets things done, work to maximize profits and contribute positively to all areas of a hotel. Drive sales and profitability through operational excellence, and do so by effectively planning, developing and implementing organization policies and goals
Experienced and talented General Manager leads by example and through instilling confidence in staff.
Highly skilled in administration and management principles of industry, including strategic planning, human resources
Critical thinker with Strong communication skills, easily determine guest & employee concerns.
Core Competences / Key Strengths
Solid hospitality background with excellent presentation skills
Familiar with financial reporting system (Cost Control, Stock Management and P&L)
Plan and implement forecast and budget + Audit and approve monthly payroll
Monitor Purchasing & Receiving products and supplies
Food and beverages expertise; mange opening new outlets (remodeling)
Recheck Menus and review their technique and presentation
Develop beverage sales promotions and promote FB functions
May1st 2019 till Present Date Cluster General Manager
Emak for Hotels & Tourism Development–Red Sea, Egypt
Managing Group Hotels Executive teams and overall hotel targets to deliver highest standard for Guest and Member experience while achieving profitability objectives and guest satisfaction measures.
Directed operations and business function for hotel property with 204 rooms, 3 restaurants, 4 bars and banquet + another property with 65 Hotel apartments, planed operations and lead staff up to 145 employees for hotel and 45 for apartments
Completed multi rooms and outlets renovations and refurbishment within budget
Increased the GOP & NOP rather than expected in 2019, increased rooms and FB revenues with 30% over the previous year through developing new strategies and effective management programs
Positioned both properties to grow from a loss $0.8M to a profit $1.6M in 12 months.
Secured new business and expanded market segments by executing markets campaigns
Created an Aqua park project that added value to the place and contributed to an increase 2 Euros per guest in all contracts renewed and newly signed.
Implemented and sustained aggressive solicitation program to increase business
Slashed payroll/benefits administration costs 30% by negotiating pricing and fees while ensuring the continuation and enhancement of services
Deduct 50% of all contracts of vendors and suppliers, along with scheduled payment resulting in 40% annual saving while maintaining quality during the pandemic
June 2018 till April, 30th 2019 General Manager (Pre-Opening)
Aura Touristic Investment- Cairo, Egypt
Report directly to Company CEO & VP. responsible for the overall hotel operation, providing leadership, functional oversight, and supervision of all hotel personnel, ensuring that the processes and tools they employ comply with company standards ensuring superior guest service and product quality.
Oversaw new hotel construction, furniture, pre and grand opening operations
Led pre-opening activities encompassing recruitment, brand alignment, marketing and revenue generating strategies
Brand and ownership transition projects and daily managing established locations
Created and maintained budget (exceeded opening budget to achieve 35% increase)
May 2017 till May 2018 Executive Assistant Manager (Deputy General Manager.)
Radisson BLU Hotel, Heliopolis - Cairo, Egypt
A General Manager role reporting to Country GM, oversee the complete hotel operation, development and implementation of the marketing plan, budget and goals program of hotel to ensure on-going optimum guest satisfaction, sales potential and profitability
• Played key role in managing 427 rooms full-service hotel with $ 6.6M in annual budget
• Coordinate functions and activities with GM, Regional, Area and owners
• Conduct daily inspections to ensure hotel accommodations and ground exceeded Radisson’s standards with full implementations of preventive maintenance programs and manage the FF&E
• Held full accountability for defining all revenue/yield strategies to include rate position
• Analyzed P&L statements and all key metrics to monitor progress towards goals
• Led and maintain regular meetings and conceptualized strategies to remain on target
March 2016 to May 2017 General Manager
Amoun Hotels & Resorts - Alexandria, Egypt
Have full commercial and operational command of the hotel. Developed departmental objectives, performance, budget and policies
Provided leadership and stability to a once struggling 125 rooms select service hotel
Led reopening a new restaurant –considered a land mark- with a new concept where created and launched entirely new menus
Devised and planned capital expenditure, annual budget and forecast
Maximized revenues by increasing average daily rate (ADR) through new channels
Created a campaign and won bats to supply meals to Borg Al-Arab airport Alexandria which increased FB revenue by 40% (0.65M)
Strategically turned hotel from loss to gain in both rooms and FB revenues
March 2015to May 2016 Director of Hotel Management
Andalusia Group for Medical Services- Alexandria, Egypt
Ensure that health care operations' in accordance with provisions of applicable law, regulations and requirements of Ministry of Health. Oversee hospitals operations' including procurement, inventory of essential supplies, and maintenance of the physical facility, financial management, and quality management. Ensure service quality and patient safety improvement throughout the hospitals. On top of large teams of specialists in the art of hospitality. Constantly provide efficiency service, thereby reducing overall costs. Direct general management of Hospitality Operations.
August, 2013 to March 2015 Rooms & Revenue Manager
Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts - Cairo, Egypt
· Oversee hotel services & manage daily operations of both departments.
· Setting sales targets for FO & revenue teams and monitor to ensure they are met.
· Develop & recommend budget, marketing objectives within approved plans
· Identifying revenue stream opportunities
· Maximize room revenues & occupancy by analyzing daily status rates.
· Manages large events &Analyze rate variances, credit reports.
· Coordinate major projects, renovations, capital expenditures, &equipment
· Conduct daily, weekly meetings, including financial review with hotel directors.
Feb, 2010 to August, 2013 Operations Manager I/C
Hilton Hotels & Resorts - South Sinai, Egypt
“Person in charge replace the GM during his absence and perform all his functions “
Heading hotel operations, its occupancy levels also its profitability.
Assist General Manager in keeping a perfect coordination between all departments and controlling their operation with regards to the company's
· Commanding the operations to run the hotel during GM absence
· Interact with guests, individuals, clients, owning company, government officials, suppliers
· Coordinate functions and activities with the GM, Regional area and corporate Office
· Conduct regular inspections & ensure physical facilities, preventive maintenance programs managing FF&E
· On top of all projects, civil work, renovation and maintain the property in perfect shape.
· Coach and counsel employees to reflect first class service standards and procedures
· Make sure that guests have a good first and last impression of the hotel.
· Constantly focusing on profitability and growth.
· Ensure emergency procedures are enforced to provide security and safety for guests
· Supervise organization of events, conferences, wedding receptions and banquets.
July 2009 to Jan 2010 Front Office Manager I/C of Reservations & HK departments
QNH (Qatar National Hotels Co.) - Doha, Qatar
· Heading FO and reservations teams, guest relation, operator, concierge and night Auditor
· Ensure they provide professional and friendly service for customers, handling complaints
· Slash schedules, payroll and expenses to meet or fall below budget.
· Ensure that guest data and management reporting is processed efficiently and accurately
· Ensure that all accounting transaction and cash handling are in compliance.
· Conduct regular meetings to address current initiatives, projects and long term goals.
· Leading Housekeeping daily activities. Recruit, hire, train and retain supervised teams
May 2008 to July 2009 Front Office & Reservations Manager
Hilton Hotels & Resorts - South Sinai, Egypt
· Design and implement strategies for FO that support achievement of the hotel's goals.
· Developed and implemented processes and procedures for assigned departments which support achievement of service and financial goals. Analyze business forecasts.
01/2000 to 05/2008 Hotel Assistant Manager
Hilton Hotels & Resorts - Cairo, Egypt
Overseeing all the events - make sure all well-organized - also activities and hotel operations
Take all necessary decisions needed in their assigned division and ensure all hotel rules and policies are implemented.
Monitor tasks of personnel and team
Handle client's complaints and compliments about their department
Welcome guests and customers as they enter the hotel. Assist the hotel manager to ensure security of guests and the entire hotel.
Reached final stage of selection process for Elevator Leaders Program Hilton Worldwide.
Shared success, achieved 3rd place value of money (Hilton World Wide2008)
One of the top 10 hotels Guests' experiences (Hilton MEA 2009).
8th Place in guests' loyalty (Salt Score - Hilton World Wide 2010).
4th Place in Front Office Hospitality (Salt Score - Hilton MEA 2011)
2nd Place in Overall Guest Service (Hilton Middle East & Africa 2012)
Trip Advisor Certificates of Excellence (2010, 2012, 2013, 2014 … 2017,2018,2019)
Academic Qualifications / Education
Bachelor Degree in Hotel Management and Tourism
Faculty of Tourism & Hotels Management- Helwan University- Cairo, EG
High School Diploma: I.G.C.S.E
Ramses Language Schools - Cairo, EG
Nationality: Egyptian D.O.B: March 12th, 1973 Driving License: Yes