Simon Kerry Williams MBCI - CURRICULUM VITAE
E: firstname.lastname@example.org and M: +971-***-***-*** SKILLS:
I am proficient in the following topics:
• Highly developed soft skills: presentation, facilitating small and large audiences, consultancy and relationship management, performing as a Senior Manager;
• International worker having worked in USA, Malaysia, Europe and Middle East;
• Mentoring and developing staff;
• Handling change within an organisation based on my direct experience of privatisation, offshore and outsourcing;
• Project Management including the definition, management and reporting;
• Strategic level performer;
• Regular interaction with Top Management including Exco and Board presentation;
• Customer focus;
• Supplier Management;
• Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery management methodology especially testing;
• Risk Management;
• ITIL implementation (ITIL Foundation v2 and v3). EMPLOYMENT HISTORY:
With more than 10 years in Business Continuity consultancy and 15 years as an end practitioner I offer more than 25 years’ experience in the field across a range of industries and geographies with particular focus on the Financial Services sector and so familiar with regulatory requirements. Throughout my career I have a track record of good delivery and career progression with regular promotion and good performance reports at each of my employers. I have been a professional member of the Business Continuity Institute since April 2000 which is testament to my experience and knowledge of the business continuity industry and methods. I am particularly skilled in transformation programmes for Business Continuity and IT Service Continuity. I am a registered Mentor with the Business Continuity Institute and have successfully mentored more than 20 staff towards their BCI accreditations.
I have co-authored two Business Continuity Standards BSI: BS25777:2009 Code of Practice for ICT Continuity and NCEMA UAE Business Continuity Management Guidelines NCEMA 7000:2015. I have spoken at a number of industry events:
• Survive Telecommunication Special Interest Group for Financial Services and I was chair of the Special Interest Group formed in 2006;
• Speaker at the 2009 BCI World Business Continuity Management Conference on Supply Chain BC Management;
• Panellist and Speaker at the Fleming Gulf Business Continuity Conference 2013, 2014 & 2015;
• Speaker at Business Continuity Institute’s Middle East Conference 2014;
• Speaker at Continuity and Emergency Response Forum 2015 and Speaker at Intersec 2016. Simon Kerry Williams MBCI - CURRICULUM VITAE
E: email@example.com and M: +971-***-***-*** Career overview:
Lead - Business Continuity Management, Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank (adcb.com) December 2017 – present
My role is a Lead for Business Continuity Management across ADCB Group initially as a single resource but now managing a team of 3 officers.
I reset and re-established the Business Continuity Management function from a period stagnation.
• Developing and defining the Group Business Continuity Policy and completing annual reviews;
• Resetting the Business Continuity Management System to ISO 22301, Business Impact Analysis;
• Establishing clear business continuity strategy including a dedicated standby site;
• Establishing the Crisis Management response framework;
• Revision of business continuity planning;
• Establishing a Group testing schedule;
• Business Continuity Management System audit programme and KPI performance;
• Awareness and training for staff and coordinators. The revised approach has seen the Bank retain its ISO certification and successfully passing three surveillance audits.
In May 2019 ADCB acquired UNB and Al Hilal Banks with operations in Shanghai, Kuwait, Qatar, Kazakhstan and Egypt. My role continued as Group Business Continuity Lead for the new Banks aligning them to the ADCB Group Business continuity standards. Head of Business Continuity Management, First Abu Dhabi Bank. (Bankfab.com) December 2012 – November 2017
My role initially was as Director - Business Continuity Manager at National Bank of Abu Dhabi NBAD
(December 2012 – March 1017) managing the team of Business Continuity Officers delivering the Bank's full Business Continuity life-cycle across the NBAD Group in 17 countries. I transformed the Business Continuity function to the extent that NBAD achieved two awards at the 2014 BCI Middle East Conference, one award for Team of the Year and another to a mentee who achieved Newcomer of the Year award. NBAD was subsequently shortlisted at the BCI Global awards for Team of the year. During my tenure, I have established:
• A redefined Business Continuity Management Group Risk appetite; risk controls for Business Continuity Management and site threat assessments;
• Regulator interaction on Business Continuity Management matters with FCA, PRA, Bank Negara, Central Bank Bahrain, Central Bank Oman, etc.
• Overseen an overhaul of the auditing of Business Continuity Management across the Group;
• Global Staff Awareness Programme 2013, 2014, 2015, 2015, 2016 and 2017 including innovative coordinator training;
• Conducted Crisis Management Exercise for Top Management 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016; Simon Kerry Williams MBCI - CURRICULUM VITAE
E: firstname.lastname@example.org and M: +971-***-***-***
• Overhauled the NBAD Business Continuity Management System, from Policy to Tools for implementation in preparation for certification for ISO22301:2012;
• Conducted RFP management for an “Out of Region” Business Continuity Solution;
• Supply Chain Continuity and Outsourcing controls for Business Continuity Management;
• Crisis Management response using the industry standard of strategic, tactical and operational;
• Managed NBAD’s dedicated Business Continuity standby site and overseen the development of a second;
• Established Group Standards for geographic distance between production sites and contingent sites, and specification for standby sites. In April 2016 NBAD merged with First Gulf Bank forming First Abu Dhabi Bank and I was promoted to the role of Head of Business Continuity Management. Parasol Contractor for ATOS and VOSA (Atos.com)
October 2012 – November 2012
Completing an independent review of a 30m GBP Disaster Recovery Managed Service for the UK Government Driver Licensing Authority (VOSA) as a contractor for ATOS. AON, EMEA DR Manager
May 2012 – August 2012
I had management responsibility for EMEA Disaster Recovery, supplier management, and test management. I stabilised the programme, the deficient outsource relationship and re-established the DR Management System during my appointment. I left the role due to my pending overseas appointment to UAE.
Parasol Contractor for ATOS at Olympic Delivery Authority February 2012– May 2012
A contract engagement for ATOS to complete an assessment of the IT Disaster Recovery capability of the Olympic Delivery Authority as part of the final preparations for the Olympic Games Time Readiness. My report supported the Authority’s Security Accreditation approval for the London Olympics to proceed.
PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor (freelance)
September 2011 to present
On taking redundancy from HP I took opportunity to develop myself and trained to become a PADI Scuba Instructor.
Senior Consultant, EDS, an HP Company
June 2004 – August 2011
I joined EDS’ EMEA business continuity practice as a Specialist Consultant and have worked with a number of customers performing a variety of Service Continuity and Business Continuity roles. I also performed a number of internal roles including resource management for the Financial Services and Public-Sector consulting teams. These roles have covered the full life-cycle of Business Continuity, IT Simon Kerry Williams MBCI - CURRICULUM VITAE
E: email@example.com and M: +971-***-***-*** Service Continuity and ITIL implementation. I held security clearance (MOD SC). The clients I have supported and been assigned to are:
• Aviva UK (February 2009 to August 2011) as Service Continuity Lead – encompassing Business Continuity and IT Service Continuity, establishing the Continuity programme, continuity process, championing the inclusion of service continuity into projects (including ecommerce), managing the Continuity Risk Register, recovery plans and test programme;
• Rolls-Royce (May 2007 – April 2009) as Global Service Continuity Manager – encompassing Business Continuity and IT Service Continuity; Managing the Continuity Risk Register, Test Management, championing the inclusion of service continuity into projects and re- establishing the continuity function;
• EDS Internal (June 2009 to December 2010) as Global ITIL ITSCM Process Architect and Global Business Continuity Management Process Architect for legacy EDS process;
• Department Work and Pensions (November 2006 to May 2007) as Operational Lead for Service Continuity (encompassing Business Continuity and IT Service Continuity) for the Service Integrator function managing a team of 6 staff;
• ‘LV=’ Liverpool Victoria Insurance (July – August 2006) as Consultant to work area exercise of a day’s trading at the work area site;
• UTi Logistics, Los Angeles (Sept 2006 to December 2006) including Sales Development and Delivery Consultant for IT Service Continuity Framework;
• Xerox (ad hoc 2005) – SME IT Service Continuity;
• ABN Amro UK Investment Bank (June 2004 – June 2006) as UK Disaster Recovery Manager, including Pandemic planning and managing over 80 recovery exercises including 8 major exercises involving over 100 IT staff and the Business Continuity Management of the EDS service, championing the inclusion of service continuity into projects;
• I co-authored the British Standard for IT Service Continuity BS 25777:2008 the replacement to PAS77, the standard has recently been superseded by ISO27031:2011. Business Continuity Manager, Prudential Insurance
July, 2001 to June 2004
I joined Prudential UK Insurance Operation’s IT Division (PruTech) in July 2001 recruited through Accenture as Business Continuity Manager. My role was as an internal consultant to the lines of Business. I developed and managed the business continuity and recovery programme for the IT division. I managed the disaster recovery service line delivery of the outsource agent Cap Gemini. In October 2002, I joined the newly centralised Prudential UK Business Continuity management team within the Risk Management division. My role was to act as the technical interface between the Business and IT on matters DR and also to support in the development of business continuity requirements and of business projects ensuring they had business continuity interest served. This was a key relationship management role. I managed the business continuity implementation for Prudential UK’s new India operation in Mumbai (Bombay), India that opened in June 03. This covered the migration of front and back office operations from the UK to India, and also their subsequent validation.
Comdisco Continuity Services UK, Consultant
November 1997 to June 2001
Simon Kerry Williams MBCI - CURRICULUM VITAE
E: firstname.lastname@example.org and M: +971-***-***-*** I delivered consulting assignments (Business impact analysis and Business Continuity Planning) to clients in varying industries (including Local Government, Legal, Financial, Insurance, Chemical Manufacturing, Telephony and Sporting goods).
Her Majesty’s Paymaster General’s Office, Executive Officer July 1988 to Oct 1997 I joined in July 1988 as an administration officer, transferring in May 1990 to the computer department as a Mainframe Operator supporting an ICL mainframe and other systems. In April 1995, I was promoted to a management role as the Assistant Information Security Officer. I was security cleared to DV (Developed Vetted). This role required establishing departmental strategies and policies and revising them as needed; developing IT Security procedures, Data Protection awareness programmes and hosting in-house training courses. I was trained in Information Security at the Civil Service College and Data Protection certified.
All certificates available on request. Two A Levels, 9 GCSE O Levels (Including Maths and English) and 6 CSE Levels. I hold a certificate ‘Managing Projects’ from The George Washington University. Hobbies and Personal Interests
I have been an active participant of many sports over the years, covering both solo and team sports. I played as a Goalkeeper in field hockey and I am still trying to play golf for which I hold a handicap of 28. I enjoy photography and have undertaken a number of adult education courses in support of this. I qualified as a PADI Scuba Instructor in November 2011. References
Available on request