Performance-driven and customer-focused professional with extensive experience in crafting content and public rela- tions strategies, monitoring campaign execution, serving as a spokesperson, and guiding the PR staﬀ. Adept at writing, editing, and supervising all regional communications, including press releases, newsletters, and social media platforms. Instrumental in conducting extensive market research and competitive analysis to understand and eﬃciently convey product value. Proven track record of working with news media to ensure positive news coverage for the region, while maintaining ties with reporters, editors and producers. Career Experience
Mesa Police Department, Mesa, AZ 2019 – 2020
Media Relations Specialist
Managed to introduce Mesa PD to the "positive" spotlight by pitching stories to TV, radio and print to invite police ex- perts to morning and primetime TV shows and radio newscasts. Participated in meetings and on city projects to support building and maintaining of productive ties with the City of Mesa departments. Penetrated new segments by using strategic marketing initiatives. Assisted with identifying and developing public relations strategies.
• Revamped the social media platform and increased followers by over 26% through blogs, videos, graphics and cross-marketing for social media, LinkedIn and YouTube.
• Marketed the department through blogs, videos (Adobe Premiere Pro), newsletters, email blasts and design per- sonal graphics by using Photoshop.
Social Media Marketer 2015 – Present
Write press releases, provide marketing consulting and advertising to customers, as well as story pitches. Ensure execu- tion of written campaigns by collaborating with department directors and designers. Perform thorough market research and competitive analysis to understand and eﬀectively communicate the product value proposition. Develop strategies and manage market communications to drive product demand.
• Increased social media presence by 500% for (real estate agents, law ﬁrms, and other small businesses) through eﬀectively engaging and producing eﬀective content.
• Enhance business development by strategizing and implementing social media marketing strategies for personal clients and former clients of Davidson Belluso Advertising Agency (2018-2019) and Phoenix Marketing As- sociates (2017-2018) by web material, blogs, SEO, newsletters, ﬂyers, brochures, email, direct marketing cam- paigns, and Instagram.
Phoenix Job Corps, Phoenix, AZ 2018 – 2019
Business & Community Liaison
Liaised between the business sector and media to foster community relations, including building new employer relation- ships to generate new work and internship opportunities for students. Participated in Legislative outreach and inﬂuenced public policy. Represented the Center during group projects and public, charitable, social and business meetings.
• Spearheaded the student volunteer program, while delivering weekly volunteer PowerPoint presentations for new students and accompanied current students to volunteer opportunities.
• Organized Community Engagement connections; resulted in students getting jobs and internships. Melody Birkett
Marketing Communications Leader
email@example.com • 602-***-****
https://www.linkedin.com/in/melody-birkett-b1040b6/ http://www.melodybirkett.com/• Mesa, AZ
ABC 15, KNXV-TV, Phoenix, AZ 2014 – 2015
Managed to assign and follow up on stories, while listening to police scanners and following social media for breaking news. Coordinated with satellite time for live shots as well as collaborated with producers, reporters, and anchors to de- liver 10 pm newscasts.
• Contributed to 10 p.m. rating success (# 1) and increased social media hits by running the assignment desk, sending reporters/photographers to news breaks, and enterprising / researching story ideas. NEWSTALK 550 KFYI, Phoenix, AZ 2006 – 2014
Established, introduced and extended social media network and contributed signiﬁcantly to the 300 percent rise in web traﬃc for Newstalk 550 KFYI.
• Supervised eight employees (reporters/anchors) and achieved higher ratings for the #1 rated newsroom in the Southwest through the creation of a public relations/marketing program.
• Under my leadership as 550 KFYI News Director (Manager) for eight years, branded content for 34 newscasts everyday by anchoring, reporting, writing and producing using resources including Fox, CBS, local TV stations, online publications, and AP.
B.A. in Broadcasting and B.A. in Political Science Arizona State University
Content Management Systems (CMS), WordPress, Microsoft Oﬃce, Microsoft Desktop Publishing, Photoshop, Adobe Premiere Pro (video editing), Powerpoint, Constant Contact, HTML, Hootsuite, Sprout Social, Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Drive, Dropbox, Soundcloud, Facebook Ad Placement, Graphic Design Layout and Email Blasts using the Presstaﬀ system. Wire Service Programs include Wireready, NewsGen and RCS news. Audio Editing programs. Awards & Afﬁliations
Judge for Golden Mike Awards in So. California, Edward R. Murrow Awards and Rocky Mountain Emmys; speaking en- gagements at FEMA and PR symposiums. Won Associated Press Reporter of the Year. Page 2