REGINA EMENGINI 469-***-**** firstname.lastname@example.org
● Sr. Accountant with over fifteen years of experience with companies varying from small limited partnerships to large nationwide corporations.
● Possess strong written and oral communication skills, concrete analytical abilities, and exceptional organizational skills with a strong attention to detail.
● Guided by an understanding and application of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), FASB. Clear understanding of Standards Codification, Statements on Auditing Standards, and other complex accounting frameworks.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
● General ledger Entries & Audits • Audited and processed expense reports
● Complex Expense & Reconciliation • Excellent Customer Service
● Month end close & Accruals • Journal entries & Adjusting Entries
● G/L Reconciliations • Balance Sheet Reconciliations
● Bank Reconciliations • Account Reconciliations
● Inter company Transactions • Internal Controls
● Research, Investigation & Resolution • Month-end Reconciliation & Analysis
● Vendor management • Analytical & Critical Thinker
● Financial Statement & Preparation • Business Accounting process Improvement
● Risk Management & Compliance • Prepaid, Expense Report
● Full Cycle Accounts Payable & Accounts Receivable • Data Entry, Receipts & Invoices
● Payroll, Payroll Tax • Billing/Invoice/Collection EXPERIENCE
Temp Agency, Plano, Tx 08/2010 -Present
Associa Property Mgt. Co., Dallas, TX
Fanniemae, Dallas, TX
Caliber Home Loans, Irving, TX
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas, Richardson, TX
LHP Hospital Group, Plano, TX
Mavenir Systems, Richardson, TX
● Prepared financial statements and supporting schedules and researched and corrected discrepancies explaining monthly differences in account analysis.
● Performed month end closing activities, account reconciliations and accruals.
● Performed monthly bank reconciliation for all disbursements and adjustments.
● Assisted branch locations daily with adjustments, cash and various accounting inquiries.
● Performed financial analysis of monthly revenue and expense variances.
● Responsible for preparing internal financial statements and schedules for management.
● Prepared journal entries and reconciliations for inventory, prepaid, intercompany accounts at monthly closing, assisted in ADP payroll as needed.
● Reviewed AP vouchers to ensure the accuracy of invoice payment, sales tax calculation.
● Maintained general ledger chart of accounts and allocation entries.
● Interfaced with internal and external auditors in completion of annual and quarterly audit.
● Maintained and ensured compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley Act internal control requirements.
● Heavy exposures to A/P aging clean up and monthly account reconciliation.
● Audited, Analyzed, post and reconcile business travel expenses.
● Variance analysis, cash projections and reclassification.
● Collected thousands of dollars to stop accounts receivable write offs.
● Managed accounting clerks and reviewed their work.
● Assisted department management in identifying, analyzing and managing risks and opportunities.
● Assisted project Accounting Manager.
● Adhering to the department’s quality assurance process for planning, analyzed, documented and reported on all audit projects.
JP Morgan Chase, Dallas, TX 11/2000-07/2010
● Responsible for issuance, payment and collection of U.S. and Foreign currency claims.
● Manage incoming/outgoing cash on a daily basis and processed fed wire payments/receipts.
● Researched and processed inter company journal entries to transfer funds from wire account into different departments.
● Communicated effectively with brokers and other banks via phone and email.
● Collected millions of dollars in compensation claims for JP Morgan Chase.
● Reviewed general ledger accounts, and corrected journal entries.
● Researched, tracked, and resolved billing issues and discrepancies.
● Established relationships and maintained communication with brokers and client service groups.
● Processed month-end close process including preparation and posting of monthly journal entries for accruals and inter company transactions and other activity.
● Created policies, procedure and guideline materials and various operational manuals for claim processing.
● Developed, documented and facilitated training for other employees.
● Responsible for audit preparation and supporting documentation for internal and external audits, communicated with auditors regarding audit schedules & findings. Brockway Standard, Dallas, Texas 1986-1996
● Performed and managed a full accounting cycle for a manufacturing plant.
● Responsible for accounting functions including, Payroll, Accounts Payable/receivables.
● Handled all plant financial transactions.
● Helped create accounts payable system.
● Audited and processed travel expense report.
● Performed vendor and chart of accounts maintenance.
● Ensured proper accounting of general ledger transactions and reconciliations.
● Produced monthly aging, open invoices, sales and revenue recognition reports.
● Sales commission calculation.
● Processed payroll for over 140 employees including time sheets reporting
● Reports and set up for new employees.
● Performed bank reconciliations and generated cash management reports.
● Upgraded system from manual to Excel database.
● Ensured compliance with accounting deadlines.
● Prepared journal entries for inventory usage variances and shipping accrual reports.
● Managed temporary employees.
● Participated in and led numerous special projects for senior management. EDUCATION:
Amberton University, Garland, TX
B.S. Accounting/Business Administration - Palm Beach Atlantic University, FL Industry Lines
TECHNICAL SKILLS: Microsoft Office, Excel, Access, P. Point, HUD, Oracle, AS400, Fed wire, ADP Payroll, Quick Book