Successful, accomplished and loyal Analytical Chemist with 10+ years of extensive experience in Gas Chromatograph Mass Spectrometry, quality control, and data analysis seeking a challenging full time position.
CORE STRENGTHS & TECHNICAL SKILLS
• Data Analysis, Review & Report Validation • Precise and Accurate Measurement Skills
• Knowledgeable of EPA & SC DHEC Methodology • Instrument Calibration and Maintenance
• Strong Analytical and Troubleshooting Skills
• Good Command of Laboratory Safety Procedures
• Quality Control Testing and Documentation
• GC/MS Method Development
• Standard Operating Procedures Reviews & Updates
• Exemplary Proficiency Ampule Certification Results
• Expertise in Organic Compound Identification
• Time Management and Multitasking Skills
• Strong Positive Interpersonal Skills & Leadership
• Environmental Awareness
QUALITY ASSURANCE MANAGER ASSISTANT (TEMPORARY/PART-TIME) 9/2015-2/2019 Rogers & Callcott Environmental Greenville, SC
• Worked directly with QA Manager entering, cataloging and tracking Laboratory Quality Control data.
• Created and implemented new electronic scanning catalogue system for tracking Laboratory Quality Control data for all testing parameters.
• Assisted QC Manager with in-house laboratory QC Audits and experience as an analyst with external SC DHEC & NELAP Audits.
• Reviewed client chain of custodies ensuring correct login parameters and sample preservation. ORGANICS MANAGER / ANALYTICAL CHEMIST 10/1999 - 8/2010 Rogers & Callcott Environmental Greenville, SC
• Promoted to Organics Manager after 8 years of high quality work as an Analytical Chemist.
• Extensive experience with operating Gas Chromatograph/Mass Spectrometer. Perform volatile (purge and trap) and semi-volatile organic analysis for drinking water, groundwater, wastewater, and soil samples.
• Experience with metal analysis operating Graphite Furnace Atomic Absorption spectroscopy and metal digestions sample prep.
• Familiar with EPA, SC DHEC Methodology and Quality Control Requirements.
• Produced exemplary results for VOA and SVOA parameters in Proficiency Testing for DHEC, EPA, and NELAP certification including Method Detection Limit studies and Initial Demonstration of Capabilities.
• Managerial/leadership experience include data validation, review of final laboratory reports and Standard Operation Procedure manuals. Conduct team meetings to discuss and accomplish project goals for clients, and project deadlines. Train new analysts and provide support to analysts in identifying sample matrix interferences including trouble shooting quality control issues and instrumentation issues.
• Other job duties included uploading validated data from the instrument program into LIMS system to generate final reports. Routine reporting for Priority Pollutant List, Total Toxic Organics, Appendix IX and TCLP. ANALYTICAL CHEMIST / ORGANIC EXTRACTION ANALYST 5/1998 - 10/1999 Pace Analytical Inc. Charlotte, NC
• Promoted to Analytical Chemist position within 2 months of hire.
• Major job functions included performing volatile organic analysis by use of Purge and Trap-GC/MS.
• Performed organic extractions for analysis of Pesticides, PCBs, Herbicides and Semi-Volatile Organic compounds.
• Other job duties included data entry, data validation, generating instrumentation calibration curves, preparation of standards and analysis of quality control samples. EDUCATION
BACHELOR’S of SCIENCE - Major: Marine Science / Minor: Chemistry 1993-1997 Coastal Carolina University Conway, SC
• Dean’s Honor List (3 semesters)
• Environmental Internship - Grand Strand Water & Sewer Authority (2 semesters)
• Horry County Beach Erosion Survey Project (6 months)