Medical Assistant/Out Patient Bountiful Clinic
Internal Medicine Clinic 03/2019
Salt Lake Clinic
Medical Assistant/Out Patient Salt Lake Clinic Float 03/2016/11/2016
Salt Lake Clinic
389 South 900 East
Salt Lake City, Utah 84102
Prioritizes (triage) patient needs, identified through phone, electronic and walk-in communication, in accordance with established guidelines, standing orders, and protocols.
Recognizes and appropriately responds to emergency situations.
Prepares and maintain examination and treatment areas.
Performs complete intake process as specified by physician or other providers (chief complaint, history, vital signs, height, weight, OFC, care process model data, etc.).
Administers screening tests to patients (i.e. visual tests, audiology, spirometry, EKGs, etc.) within practice type.
Assists provider with examinations, procedures, treatments and interventions.
Provides patient education as directed (content reflects specific MA training, guidelines, care process models, protocols).
Reports significant changes in patient condition or other pertinent patient information to the Physician.
Following provider instructions, demonstrates accurate, timely and efficient follow through with pharmacy refills, scheduling out of clinic procedures, obtaining, reporting and tracking of lab results, leaving phone messages and distributing faxes.
Medical Assistant/Out Patient Dermatology/Internal Medicine 02/2015 -03/2016 present
Intermountain Hospital Specialty Clinic
98 N 1100 E Ste 301-302
American Fork, Utah 84003
Uses computer applications as needed to document patient history, physical and vital information into the medical record.
Orders supplies, and restocking as needed
Calls patients with results of biopsy, surgical procedures and other test results
Orders labs and an assembles necessary documents for pathology
Assists with surgical procedures using sterile technique
Performs complete intake process as specified by physician
Performs A1C for glucose monitoring
Anesthetizing for surgical procedures and biopsy's
E scribe prescriptions for providers
Provides patient education as directed by Physician
Suture removal and wound care
Medical Assistant/Out Patient Clinic 08/2012 - 12/2014
Albuquerque Center for Rheumatology
1617 University Blvd. NE
Albuquerque, NM 87102
• Prepare patients for infusions and diagnostic procedures such as recording temperatures, pulse rate, blood pressure.
• Check for lab results. Schedule new appointments.
• Ascertain changes in arthritis status such as increase/decrease/swelling of symptoms.
• Recent history chronology interviews to include; infection, illness, dental (abscess/surgery), and any other surgical procedures performed since previous infusion procedure or future scheduled infusion procedures.
• Mix medications according to drug protocol with dosage, start time of medication delivery on the appropriate medication label.
• Monitor patient every half hour or less during infusion, especially if new patient, or patient is experiencing a reaction.
• Independently provide nursing care after infusion procedure, and proactively schedule next appointment.
• Log medication and number of units infused in computerized medication log. Complete inventory log and verify medication log quantities match inventory supplies.
• Order drugs and supplies as needed independent of head RN on future appointment treatments over two week span.
• Empty biohazard waste and replace.
• Reconstitute and draw medications for administration by Nurse such as; Remicade, Actemra, Benlysta, Orencia, Reclast, Solu-Medrol, Rituxan, Krystexxa, Solu-Cortef, Simponi, Prolia, Benadryl.
• Spike and position IV bags for daily infusion needs.
• Coordinate with clinic representatives, and providers for prior authorizations, financial coverage, or assistance.
• Interface with all insurance companies.
Medical Assistant 01/2012 - 06/2012
Albuquerque Dermatology Associates & Cutaneous Surgery Center, PA
5310 Homestead NE, Suite 301
Albuquerque, New Mexico 87110
(505) 872- 4700
Assisting Physician's with surgeries, biopsies, laser hair removal, cosmetic Dermatology and Moh's micrographic surgery.
Anesthetizing for preparation before all procedures
Preparation for all surgeries using sterile technique
Preparation for Moh's procedures using sterile technique
Writing of Prescription for Physicians signature
Sterilization of surgical packs both for surgeries and for Moh's procedures
Triage for patients by taking and recording of vital signs, medical history review, preparing for examinations.
Suture removal and wound care after surgeries and Moh's procedures
Educate patient's on wound care
Calling patient's with Biopsy and Surgical results
Mailing patient's lab results
Calling lab for tissue pick up
Scheduling patients for follow-ups
Scheduling patient's for Moh's procedures
Patient Care Coordinator, Medical Secretaries 05/2009 – 08/2011
2111 University Blvd, 5th Floor
Albuquerque, New Mexico 87106
Coordinate with clinic representatives, providers and other applicable areas for Medicare, Medicaid, HMO’s etc for authorizations and approval for care.
Patient Care-Assist patients in locating departments, schedule and coordinate patient appointments; refer patients and families to appropriate services and resources.
Complete 96/72/48 process pre-screening specialty clinic appts., referrals and prior auth.
Coding - Abstract chart information and assign CPT, ICD-9, and HCPCS codes for purpose of predetermination or prior authorization.
Perform as liaison between clinic staff, providers, and the insurance company or other payers to coordinate financial benefits/coverage and prior authorizations.
Ensure documentation is complete and fax paperwork and pertinent medical documentation to insurance companies and other payers for approval. Document the final prior authorizations in the financial systems.
Customer Service – Acquire prior patient’s records, billing, referral information and lab results.
Patient Care – Assist clinical staff with routine non-invasive patient treatment procedures and initial screenings.
Medical Assistant University of New Mexico Dermatology 12/1999– 01/2009
1021 Medical Arts Ave NE
Albuquerque, New Mexico 87102
Perform administrative and clinical duties under the direction of physician.
Administrative responsibilities include scheduling appointments, maintaining medical records, billing, and coding for insurance purposes.
Clinical functions comprise taking and recording vital signs, medical history interviews, preparing patients for examination, drawing blood samples, and administering medications as directed by physician.
Assisted with biopsies, Moh's surgeries, cosmetic laser treatments, laser tattoo removal, laser hair removal, laser varicose vein treatments,
Completion Institution Course of Study/Qualification
11/1994 State of Colorado Certified Nurse’s Aide
05/1995 Denver Technical College Medical Assistant
12/2008 CNM 3 yrs College/Technical/Vocational studies- Nursing
Completion Issuing Organization Certification Title
02/2004 UNM Medication Certification
12/2008 CNM Medical Billing and Coding
01/2016 American Fork Specialty CPR Certification
2016 onward education xxxxxxxxxx
References available upon request