ANDRES M. HONTORIA, MBA
20+ years' treasury experience with public and privately held multinational companies across diverse industries. Track record of leading startup and transformation of treasury organizations, aligning objectives with corporate vision to achieve optimal financial and operational performance; implements short- and long-term financial strategies and leading-edge technologies to maximize cash forecasting and management, banking, investments, foreign exchange and reporting while lowering risk in global markets. Highly skilled in capital market, business development, strategic planning and cash performance, process improvements with experience in international and domestic environments. Bilingual communicator who builds long-term relationships with clients, bankers, insurance brokers and strategic partners. AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Cash Liquidity & Capital Market Banking & Surety Relationship Capital Structure & Optimization Program & Project Leadership Working Capital Improvements Cash Strategy & Performance Merges and Acquisitions Cash Digitalization/SWIFT Implementation Cash Forecasting & Improvement SELECTED ACHIEVEMENTS
• Provided strategic leadership in system designing projects and maximized efficiencies to control costs.
• Established a unique single Corporate Bank connection worldwide to transmit bank data C2B /B2C using SWIFTNET.
• Saved $360K annually in bank fees and improved reporting efficiency 80% by designing and implementing an innovative SAP R/3 reporting tool in compliance with Sarbanes Oxley (SOX).
• Improved the company cash position and increased the capital investment by 45% with the creation of a new funding schedule.
• Sterilized data to eliminate errors and prepared accurate monthly reports.
• Lead RFP for banking and surety services in USA and Canada. CAREER HISTORY
Alstom, Rochester, NY
Treasurer NAM, 2015- 2020.
Spearhead operations for North American division of $11B+ multinational company with operations in 60 countries.
• In conjunction with the CFO and the Central team in Paris, ensure the growth of Alstom’s NAM Liquidity, proper capital structure and financial flexibility in the region.
• Responsible to foster strong relationships between Alstom and bankers, sureties, and insurance brokers in order to manage and negotiate company’s revolver credit facility and access capital markets. Established a stronger broker relationship in USA and reduced cost by 30%.
• Managed financial risks related to foreign exchange across the region.
• Lead a new RFP for banking and insurance (Surety) in NAM in order to obtain the best Financial Partners with the right tools and systems and move Alstom to the digital world.
• Responsible to move Alstom Treasury NAM operations to 100% digital process automation, increasing productivity and efficiency while reducing cost.
• Coordinated with all Alstom’s Projects teams the reduction of the company’s liability exposures in the surety market.
• Lead the integration with the acquired GE Signaling Business into Alstom Organization and coordinate the implementation of SAP (GSI) treasury module within the region.
• Created and established a new Supply Chain Finance Program in USA and Canada in order to increase the working Capital of Alstom NAM by $30M in just three years.
• Responsible for improving the treasury and cash management process in US and Canada and managed the transfer of transactional treasury tasks to two different Shared Service Center.
• Responsible for realigning the Treasury operations in the region, reducing head count and saving $300k per year, while increasing productivity with utilization of the Treasury Workstation (TWS).
• Support the Central team to export and institute the same Supply Chain Finance Program in other countries like India.
• Support the Central team in the evaluation of mergers and new acquisitions by performing in depth analysis and financial impact.
Hospira Inc at Pfizer Company, Chicago, IL.
Corporate Treasury Manager, 2014 - 2015.
Led team of 3 in daily operations, preparing the organization for integration with Pfizer.
• Monitored investment manager activities to ensure the portfolio is in compliance with policy guidelines.
• Implemented the cash management / forecasting system within the corporation.
• Coordinated the optimization of cash use worldwide considering operational needs, tax limitations, currency implications, FX risk, company exposure, financial risk and corporate structure.
• Implemented of the AvantGard Quantum treasury solutions and risks management to increase visibility across the company.
Bacardi SSC, Miami, FL
Treasury Manager, 2012 - 2014.
Rationalized and updated global processes and technologies for privately held firm with locations worldwide.
• Led the implementation of our SWIFT solution for Strait-Through processing (STP), thereby increasing security and productivity. In charge of developing and training the new Treasury department for Bacardi SSC.
• Responsible for the implementation of SWIFT net connection and SEPA worldwide.
• Accountable for FX exposure, financial risk and the hedging operation.
• Managed the capital market, financial risk and exposure by entity and Netting program.
• Supervised foreign exchange risk and help the global treasury group determine appropriate hedging strategies.
• Improved the treasury and cash management process worldwide.
• Responsible for reviewing the treasury and cash management processes according to GAAP.
• Improved the treasury and cash management processes with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance.
• Led in the repatriation of capital of the subsidiaries and the intercompany Netting.
• Responsible for developing a new Commercial Banking Structure accordingly to the companies’ locations. Benetton USA Corporation, Miami, FL
Treasury Manager, 2008 – 2012
Created a finance and treasury department for privately held US operation of $6.5M+ publicly held Italian company.
• Capital Market – Management of surplus cash, short and long term debt, cash forecasting. Responsible for the proper scheduling of interest payments, debt maturities.
• Refined the financial tools to forecast the company's global cash and debt positions and to analyze the FX exposure global financial risk.
• Developed and made presentations concerning the company liquidity to the corporate executive team.
• Daily obligations included projecting medium-term cash forecasting, short term investments and borrowing, overseeing the daily cash activities for the corporation, and coordinating with accounts receivable, accounts payable, and purchasing for future forecasting.
FIDELITY (FIS), Tampa, FL
Cash Management and Treasury Supervisor, 2005 – 2008 Streamlined cash management and treasury operations for industry-leading financial services firm.
• Developed a global cash reporting and forecasting model and managed the related processes.
• Managed the credit facility, including negotiations, managing borrowings and repayments.
• Developed a cash pooling system to optimize cash resources, implement and monitor inter-company funding processes and policies; manage excess cash balances.
• Cash Processing – Responsible for the daily processing of incoming cash payments from services performed and other miscellaneous cash receipts. This group processes up to $600MM per day on site and is composed of a manager and 6 staff.
GLOBAL CROSSING, Miami, FL
Finance and Treasury Analyst, 2001 – 2005
Directed cash movement and investments for North America and Latin America operations.
• Assisted in compiling the global 13-week rolling cash forecast for Latin America on a weekly basis.
• Performed variance analysis and quality control review prior to participating in weekly cash calls.
• Responsible for all cash movements to support both the Latin America and North America business units and executed investment of cash.
AMERICAN EXPRESS, Caracas, Venezuela
Supervisor Financial Controller, 1993 - 2000 Financial Representative, 1991 – 1994 Financial Supervisor
• Managed $48K operating budget and up to 10 staff; oversaw Membership Rewards Program.
• Implemented Genesis 2000 system; verified reports in MNS to ensure proper payments. Member of AFP since 2005
MBA, International Business, Florida Metropolitan University, 2005 BS, Economics & Social Sciences, Santa Maria University, Venezuela, 1996
••• Fluent in Spanish •••