West Lafayette, IN email@example.com +1-754-***-**** https://www.linkedin.com/in/shaiza-sajjad-642b20191/ EDUCATION
Master of Science Environmental and Ecological Engineering August 2019 – December 2020 Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN GPA: 3.92/4.0 Bachelor of Science Environmental Sciences October 2015 – July 2019 University of the Punjab, Lahore, Pakistan GPA: 3.65/4.0 PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Undergraduate Student Researcher, University of the Punjab, Lahore, Pakistan August 2018 – July 2019 Conducted thesis on Environment and Health Impact Assessment (EHIA) of a Steel Pipe Manufacturing Industry. Compared the groundwater and wastewater samples collected with the national standards for those parameters. Laboratory Intern, Global Environmental Laboratories (GEL), Lahore, Pakistan July 2018 Tested groundwater and wastewater samples to determine their constituents. Formulated reports on the constituents of samples acquired from the project sites. Research Intern, Environmental Consultancies and Options (ECO), Lahore, Pakistan May 2018 – July 2018 Carried out Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) and Initial Environmental Examination (IEE) reports of the developmental sites through baseline study.
Visited project sites to collect samples of air, groundwater, wastewater and soil. Intern, Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Punjab, Lahore, Pakistan June 2017 – July 2017
• Analyzed approximately 50 Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) reports to see if they were in compliance with the EPA guidelines.
• Inspected the baseline studies of the Initial Environmental Examination (IEE) reports. SELECTED PROJECTS
Project X Purdue University Case Competitions to tackle COVID-19 June 2020 – July 2020
• Designed an online mini-course platform for Purdue students to be used for educational and professional purposes.
• Curated the platform to help increase opportunities for students to attend industry conferences and career fairs. Water Treatment Systems in the schools of the Dominic Republic January 2020 – May 2020
• Installed water treatment systems in four underdeveloped schools in the Dominican Republic.
• Facilitated entrepreneurship workshops to teach community members about sustainability and long-term impact. Interactive website on Global Food Insecurity January 2020 – May 2020
• Developed an interactive for people interested in being sustainable about acquiring food. (link)
• Educated people about the food insecurity around the world. Educational Module on Life Cycle Assessment August 2019 – December 2019
• Formulated an educational module for high school students on Life Cycle Assessment.
• Curated a website for the educational module and added assessment exercises. (link) LEADERSHIP POSITIONS
Treasurer - Graduate Research in International Development (GRID), Purdue University July 2020 – Present Cultural Ambassador - Purdue Pakistan Student Association (PSA), Purdue University July 2020 – Present Vice President - Environmental and Ecological Engineering (EEE GSO), Purdue University August 2019 – Present Member – Purdue AQUAE, Purdue University August 2019 – Present SKILLS
Tools and Languages : R, MATLAB, SPSS, Arc Map, Arc GIS, Sima Pro, R studio Credentials and Licenses: Microsoft Office Specialist Certification