Skype ID: prasanavenky
Seeking Managerial Assignments in Sales, Marketing and Business Development at Middle /Regional level with 19 years of experience in Sales Marketing, Key accounts, Product Management, relationship management, and techno-commercial operations. To get a challenging and growth oriented job where I can implement my knowledge in that field and seek total fulfillment every moment of life.
Key Account Management Channel Management Product Management B2B,B2G, & OEM Selling
Business Development Project Sales Strategic planning PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
M/s.HPL Electric & Power Limited (Since SEP 2019-Till Date) Designation- Sales Manager-South
• Monitoring sales team performance, analyzing data, review sales performance and implement course correction measures where require periodical forecasting and reporting to AVP/MD.
• Responsibility of channel distribution, Coverage, Activities & Distributor & Retailer Primary & Secondary Scheme access of the business,Managing distribution network/ supply chain for distributing goods for achievement of targets within specified parameters
• Ensure that targeted Net-growth and revenue growth is achieved by Promotional activities like Technical seminar, Departmental product demos & other activities like dealer meets, brand positioning.
• Design/Implement process for elimination of root cause of disputes to improve customer satisfaction Key Result Areas & Accomplishments
• Managing marketing/Sales operations in TN/Puducherry/Kerala /AP & Telugana for achieving the targets and initiating market Development
• Enabling business growth by developing and managing a network of dealers for deeper market penetration and reach.
• Effectively Mentoring and monitoring the performance of the team to ensure efficiency in process
• Focusing in project segment B2B & B2G sales as well by regular touch with architects, consultants, contractors by ensuring the targeted Net-growth and revenue growth is achieved PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
M/s.Syska LED Lights Private Limited -CHENNAI (May 2016-SEP 2019) Designation-Vertical Head Projects
• Handling the Sales & Marketing activities for the Project sales for Both TN/ Kerala & South & Handling the PSU’s, Direct Customers & Channel Development, industrial accounts of medium / large industries, Assess marketing potential of new and existing store locations, considering statistics and expenditures
• Plan, direct or coordinate the actual distribution/ movement of product to the Dealers/ Distributors/ Consumers for South India Enable business growth by developing and managing a network of Channel Partners/Dealers across the territory
• Regular Review meetings with Team Members on Monthly & Quarterly basis to monitor the month to month performance
• Maintaining Key Accounts of Individuals Customers and projects by Marketing and Selling to the High End Residential and Commercial Projects through professional contacts like Architects, Consultants, Interior Designers, Specifiers and System Integrators etc.
Key Result Areas & Accomplishments
• Accomplished the budgeted sales (Growing from 5 Crores to nearly 20 Crores in 3 years) Developed the Market share
• Developed Major customer like Chennai /Coimbatore/Madurai/Auttur/Salem Corporation,TNPHC, MES,PWD, SIDCO industrial estate, BPCL, HPCL, IOCL & L&T Etc
• Managing /selection and appointment of distributors. & having a proven track record of establishing a good customer base, and achieving volume targets successfully.
• Independently managing the key industrial accounts / OEM accounts and a network of 8 super stockiest & handling 10 Channel partners & 30 distributors & Meeting the Target in terms of volumes, profitability, visibility and growth. PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
M/s.Skipper Limited-Chennai - India (January 2014-Till APRIL 2016) Designation-Marketing –Manager
• Handling the Sales & Marketing activities for the Project sales, Handling the PSU’s, Direct Customers & Channel Development
• Develop Sales plan for the Products & to achieve budgeted sales through Project & Channel.
• Maintain existing project partners / channel partners and activate new ones to boost sales.
• Implement and monitor promotion schemes for channel partners & Responsible for Sales and collection from Distributors in an Assigned region/Area manage the actual distribution of products to the customer via an established network of distributor and retailers
Key Result Areas & Accomplishments
• Successfully achieved budgeted sales through Channel network and Project partners
• Excellent people management, communication and leadership skills developed strong Project Partner Network with 25 plus members for effective market reach
• Initiated development of OEM business for LED Modules in outdoor/industrial lighting.
• A skilled communicator with exceptional presentation skills and abilities in forging business partnerships in domestic markets. Expertise in channel management, focusing on new and existing trade channels PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
M/s.Asian Retail Lighting Ltd- TN & Kerala Chennai, India Formerly as Future Lighting India Ltd (July 2011-December 2013) Key Account Manager-Professional Lighting
• Handling Channel and expansion of Distributors’ network, IT/ITES, Infrastructure, and Banking, handled Channel sales, Industrial, Institutional,Govenments,Commercial Indoor & outdoor segments
• Develop marketing plan for range of products to Initiate promotion of special application products (UV ballasts, Emergency ballasts, LED Drivers & Modules and Induction systems )through OEM route,Trade Channel and Institutional segments
• Head promotion of the Lighting controls, through Specifiers (consultants, contractors, etc.)
• Instituted customer support system for new product development, Lighting Designs, etc.
• Head market communication and coordinate for new product development, packaging, etc.
• Generating Project Lead through Sales Contacts, Cold Calling & contacting on-going Projects & Institutions / Lighting Engineers / Electrical contractors / architects / Shopping Malls / Corporate customers for their new projects & Ensuring proper implementation of all marketing activities – promotions, schemes, new product launches Key Result Areas & Accomplishments
• Accomplished the budgeted sales (Growing from 2 Crore to nearly Rs. 10 Crores in 3 years)
• Developed India marketing strategy for LED lighting – Modules& Drivers/control system.
• Developed major customers like Pyrotech, CTS, TCS, L&T,Phoenix Market City, Southern railways, ICF, etc.
• Promoted Induction lighting system concept with BPCL, IOCL, BEE, Railway Workshops, etc.
• Successfully promoted LED tubes and bagged major orders in Hyundai, Saravana Stores & industrial segments M/s. Wipro Ltd
Territory Manager-C& I Lighting (May 2010 – July 2011) Key Responsibilities
• Handling the Commercial,Industry, Hospitality, Health care Institutional & industrial Projects segments
• Expand consumer lighting business by direct marketing through non- conventional channels like organized retail chain
• Promote business through specifiers (consultants, contractors) and institutional segment.
• Handle Lighting Design support for business development through regional offices
• Head market communication activities of lighting division for sales promotion.
• Maintaining good relations & increasing revenue through existing distributors/ dealers. Key Result Areas & Accomplishments
• Developed business through Big Bazaar, D-Mart, More, etc.to increase sales
• Handled the Lighting Advisory Bureau dept.for illumination design schemes.
• Developed major customers in industrial/Hospitality segments like Tablets India,HOSPIRA, ORCHID PHARMA,HYUNDAI, FORD, Chennai Corporation,TNPHC, MES,PWD, Sidco industrial estate, Miot Hospitals, Voltech controls, L&T Etc
• Ensuring proper implementation of all marketing activities – promotions, schemes, new product launches. M/s.Bajaj Electricals Ltd
Asst. Manager-Sales –LUM-BU (May 2005 – April 2010) Key Responsibilities
• Handling the Trade/Distributors, projects, institutional sales, and exposure to sales, marketing and merchandising activities
• Accountable for revenue targets & profitability of the software development projects.
• Develop project estimation proposal, devise a project plan, prepare schedule and coordinating with client & vendors for successful execution of the project
• Lead a team for successfully executing the project within the parameters of proposal.
• Exploring scope for business development with existing customers& add new customers. Key Result Areas & Accomplishments
• Developed dealer network at TN2-Coimbatore and Down south market for sustained business.
• Achieved sales target for the HO & coordinated with regions for sales budget achievement.
• Developed major customers like Servalakshmi paper boards, Seshasayee Paper boards, JSW,SAIL, Power grid
,TNPL,Ramco cements, Coimbatore Corporation,MES, Airports PWD, BMW, Lakshmi mills, Bannari Sugars,L&T Etc
• Managing Market communicate on activities and coordinating with Advertising Agency for media activities and market communication support for sales team.
M/s.Venture Lighting India Ltd.
Business Development Executive (May 2000 – April 2005) Key Responsibilities
• Was associated with Venture Lighting India ltd. as Senior Business Development executive for five years handling the Channel & Distribution sales.
• Successfully Led a team of members for executing projects and thereby achieving revenue targets by Facilitating smooth order execution & handling entire business cycle from quotation to closing the sale
• Conceptualizing the distribution strategies and driving the distribution extension activities in existing and new towns through the zonal sales team to create infrastructure which can support the company’s objective of achieving market share leadership in the circle.
Key Result Areas & Accomplishments
• Coordinating with channel partners (stockiest) in designated territories for selling of lighting products (light fixtures and accessories
• Developed business through specifiers, PWD, Civic authorities,
• Developed major OEM customers like Bajaj, Surya, Havells, GE, Arklite, Arya Filaments, etc.
• Won many lighting projects -Power Plant lighting (e.g. NLC, servalakshmi, Chennai Corporation, MES, Auditorium lighting, Airport area lighting,BHEL, PASIC etc).
• Distinction of obtaining a highest ever order of 1158 no of lighting fixtures from Northern railways & Obtained bulk order from eastern railways order for the 250/150/100/50 no of lamps Ballast, fixtures, ignitors & lighting fixtures flood lighting
• MBA with specialization in Marketing & Transport management from Annamalai University-Chidambaram-Tamilnadu- Period-(2005-2008)
• Bachelor in Electrical & Electronics Engineering from the institute Arunai Engineering College Affiliated to Madras University Tiruvannamalai-Tamilnadu Period –(1996-2000) TRAINING PROGRAM ATTENDED
• One day course in Electrical fire safety management conducted by Management Study Centre.
• One day course in energy conservation & Cost reduction Lean manufacturing conducted by Management Study Centre.
• One day course in Leadership quality conducted by Management Study Centre.
• Attended the three day training Programme at Mahabaleswar on the negotiation for better results COMPUTER SKILLS
• Well Versed with C, C++ & MS Office. Excellent skills in MS office suits, operating systems windows 95, 98, 2000, NT
& XP Knowledge of PC to operate ERP /MIS, Energy management Systems COMMUNITY SERVICE ACTIVITY
N.S.S active volunteer
Current Address Sri Ayyan Kalimagal Ellam, Plot 4&5, 1st Floor, Flat-C, Subhashree Nagar Extension, Near M.K.M Matriculation School, Mugalivakkam,Chennai -600125 Permanent Address S/o Mr. R.Nanda Kumar Retired CGM NLC Ltd, Besides Nanagaru Ashramam, Ramanashram Post, Rajiv Gandhi Nagar, Chengam Road.Thiruvannamai-606603. Date of Birth : 12th October 1977
Language Known : Tamil, Telegu, English & Hindi
I hereby declare that the above said statements are true to the best of my knowledge and belief Place: Chennai Yours Faithfully
Date: 16.07.2020 (N. Prasanna Venkatesh)