585-***-**** firstname.lastname@example.org linkedin.com/in/shivamsinha91
Simon Business School, University of Rochester – Rochester, NY June 2020 Master of Business Administration – Specialization: Strategy; Minors: Finance and Marketing STEM-designated MBA selected as 2018 Program of The Year by Poets and Quants Achievements: 99% GMAT (96%V/86%Q); 3.93 GPA; Merit Scholarship (Full tuition); Winner of strategy case competition Key Courses: Business Analytics, Information Systems, Operations Management, Corporate Finance, Investments Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur – Kharagpur, India July 2014 Bachelor of Technology (Honors) and Master of Technology – Computer Science and Engineering Key Courses: Database Management Systems, Information Retrieval, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence EXPERIENCE
Applied Materials – Santa Clara, United States Jun. 2019 – Aug. 2019 MBA Intern, Applied Global Services
Assisted with Business Intelligence reporting of TAM SAM SOM and Upsell for bridge products and service agreements.
• Identified five organizational issues resulting from conflicting priorities across functional units as part of strategic review aimed at enabling service revenue growth of 15% CAGR across four major customers and three product lines.
• Analyzed cost reduction roadmaps for service products at major customers and recommended five strategies for reducing cost of ownership by 25% every quarter, in order to address competitive disadvantage and gain market share.
• Prepared Tableau dashboards to visualize upsell performance of service offerings as a function of customer, geographical region and product line, and presented findings to senior management. KLA Corporation – Chennai, India; Hsinchu, Taiwan Jul. 2014 – Feb. 2018 Software Support Engineer, EBeam Division
One of four employees nominated for “Outstanding performance by a new hire”, out of 20 new hires. Recipient of three team awards. Recognized by management through two spot bonuses, for demonstrating attention to detail, tenacity, and leadership by resolving critical issues at customer sites. Product Development:
• Developed and deployed web portal as part of three-member Agile team to streamline defect classification workflow at Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company (TSMC), leading to 100% increase in utilization across six tools.
• Spearheaded adoption of feature to facilitate production runs through automatic selection of wafer review parameters at TSMC as part of two-member empowered team, yielding $50M in incremental revenue.
• Reduced failure rate by 100% across twelve tools at Intel Corporation by engineering software changes to address software memory leaks as part of three-member team following scrum framework. Customer Support:
• Led root cause analysis for 100+ failures at TSMC through combination of troubleshooting and delegating as part of self-initiated reliability improvement program, increasing sales by 50% over a fiscal quarter.
• Coordinated troubleshooting activities of cross-functional teams (applications, software, systems, service) during software upgrades as point of contact for Samsung Electronics, resulting in timely resolution of stopper issues.
• Generated $10M in net sales and enhanced customer satisfaction by engaging with representatives of Samsung Electronics to analyze requirements, implement MVP and deploy solution for transferring image metadata. The University of Queensland – Brisbane, Australia Dec. 2012 – Jan. 2013 Research Intern, Center for Advanced Imaging
• Implemented enhancements for Molecular Sophe, an Electron Paramagnetic Resonance simulation software suite. Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology – Gwangju, South Korea May 2012 – Jul. 2012 Research Intern, Infonet Laboratory
• Devised and A/B tested compressed sensing algorithms for reconstruction of sparse signals using belief propagation. ASSETS AND INTERESTS
• Technical: Tableau, SQL, R, Python, Advanced Excel, VBA, C++. Languages: English(native), Mandarin (beginner).
• LinkedIn courses: Business Analysis Foundations, Project Management Foundations, Becoming a Product Manager
• Volunteer at National Cadet Corps, former member of AIESEC and Technology Transfer Group IIT Kharagpur.
• Avid gamer, with special interest in first-person shooters, action-adventure and real-time strategy games.
• Lead guitarist for thrice-in-a-row gold-winning music team of Radhakrishnan Hall of Residence, IIT Kharagpur.