FRANCY ELENA GREEN
email@example.com 908-***-**** 5339 Cristfield Court, Fairfax, VA 22032
Passed the New York Bar Exam in July 2019 (pending admission to the New York Bar)
Licensed to practice law in Colombia in 2000
Master in U.S. Laws LL.M. Antonin Scalia Law School at George Mason University 2018
Juris Doctor and Master in Tax Law Del Rosario University Bogota, Colombia 1999 - 2006 Graduated with meritorious thesis “Tax Harmonization in the Andean Community”
Remote Volunteer, Alfa Center Atlanta, GA. August 2020 – present
• Drafted brief and prepared Form 290 B for motions to reopen proceedings for the citizenship certificate request.
• Drafted U visa certification requests and prepared Form I-918 Supplement B.
• Researched regulations and caselaw about U-visa and naturalization processes.
Remote Intern, Mil Mujeres Legal Services Washington D.C. May 2020 – August 2020
• In an asylum case, drafted country condition exhibit, a supplement for application, and brief for a merits hearing. Successfully drafted and filed a motion to continue a merits hearing.
• Drafted and prepared numerous requests to expedite U-visa application processes.
• Researched regulations and caselaw about asylum processes and U-visa applications.
• Communicated with U-visa and asylum applicants to request evidence and take affidavits.
• Translated from Spanish supporting evidence and affidavits for U-visa and asylum processes.
Senior Attorney, Thomas Greg & Sons de Colombia S.A- Audit Group - Provider of Security Printing Services Bogota, Colombia Apr 2006 – Jun 2007
• Assisted in the creation and dissolution business entities by drafting articles of incorporation and bylaws, and filing the documentation required.
• Drafted and reviewed contracts to supply security paper for the Colombian Electoral Organization.
• Litigated lawsuits against state tax administrations. This task involved conducting legal research, drafting pleadings, motions, pre-trial memorandums, and briefs.
Attorney, Acosta Consulters and Partners Bogota, Colombia Mar 2003 – Apr 2006
• Successfully defended clients against tax determination notices and litigated lawsuits against local and national tax administrations. This task involved conducting legal research, drafting pleadings, motions, pre-trial memorandums, and briefs.
• Advise clients on tax implications of future projects.
• Participated in settlement negotiations with the tax administration.