email@example.com +1-647-***-**** Toronto, Ontario
Summary • Chartered Accountant proficient in internal audit, controls, risk assessment, governance, compliance and project management with 15 years of experience
• Worked with global accounting firms (Ernst & Young, Grant Thornton and Protiviti consulting)
& big corporations (Bell Canada, Scotiabank, Bharti Airtel)
• Passionate and motivated, with a drive for excellence Skills • Internal Audit, control and Governance
• Enterprise risk assessment & Risk mitigation
• Development of Financial control framework
• Development of SOP’s
• Fraud & Investigation
• Team leadership
• Project management
• Lead generation
• Analytical reasoning
• Compliance reporting
Senior Audit Manager Aug 2019- Mar 2020
Bell Canada Toronto
• Responsible for conducting risk based operational audits for different functions in Telecom business.
• Conducted credit & collection review for small business improving customer service delivery, sales & finance related process
• Conducted Internet order installation review for business & residential market customers improving network, customer acquisition, sales and finance related process. Manager Internal Audit 2018-2019
• Conducted risk based Internal audits in Global banking and markets division with individual responsibilities in different areas
- GWO Governance and operating effectiveness review,
- Global cash management,
- Interest rate derivative & Credit swap review and Bank Vault review Manager
Ernst & Young Mumbai
2015 - 2018
• Led multiple risk based internal audit assignments for media and entertainment sector companies across different functions (i.e. finance, vendor management, Human resources, customer service, sales, marketing, legal & regulatory functions)
• Conducted enterprise risk management (ERM) assignment, developed risk registers, mitigation plans for India’s leading media production house.
• Designed & institutionalize internal audit framework, developed internal audit plans, rolled out internal audit methodology and reported to the audit committee
• Assisted companies in development of internal financial control framework (ICFR) and their testing to enhance internal control environment.
• Conducted special review (Fraud investigation) for WPP, a global advertising group
• Developed governance framework and standard operating procedures (Sop's) for cinema Exhibitor Company, over the top (OTT) player and a television rating agency. Experience
• Led internal audit assignments for a DTH/cable company covering all functions (i.e. procurement, finance, hr, customer service, sales, marketing, technical, legal & regulatory)
• Conducted internal audits for Telecom service providers and infrastructure companies
• Engaging with senior leadership and doing business development for growing practice. Manager 2013 - 2014
Grant Thornton Mumbai
• Developed annual audit plan and conducted internal audits for a leading Telecom client company covering all major functions
Manager 2012 - 2013
Landmark Retail Dubai
• Planned and developed internal audit plan for all group companies and conducted internal audits for functional process covering finance, sales, supply chain management. Senior Manager 2011 - 2012
Aircel Ltd Gurgaon
• Developed annual audit plan based on risk-based IA approach.
• Managed service partners (EY and KPMG) to ensure audits are done as per the annual plan for all functions and business units.
• Tracking audit issues, ensuring their implementation and presenting to Audit committee. Manager 2008 - 2011
Bharti Airtel Ltd. Gurgaon (Bharti Airtel Limited is a leading global telecommunications company with operations in 20 countries across Asia and Africa. Headquartered in New Delhi, India, the company ranks amongst the top 4 mobile service providers globally in terms of subscribers.)
• Developed risk based annual internal audit plan for Airtel enterprise business division.
• Conducted Risk assessment for Airtel Enterprise division.
• Conducted internal audits and managed audits done by service partners (PwC) across all functional domains for Airtel enterprise division.
• Monitored risk compliance control frameworks and their reporting to Audit committee Chartered Accountant: Accounts, finance,
Institute of Chartered Accountants of India India 2004 Bachelor of commerce: Accounts, Finance, 1999
Delhi University India
CPA: Accounts Finance, CPA Ontario Toronto, Canada
(currently pursuing and expected to be completed by May 2021) CIA: Certified Internal Auditor Institute of Internal Auditors, North America
English: Fluent level
French: Beginner level (Completed Level 1from Alliance francaise & pursuing next levels) Protiviti Consulting Gurgaon
2014 - 2015