Lilian Christina de Melo Cruz
Toronto, Ontario – M4P1V6
A compassionate leader with over 15 years of experience in logistics management, event coordination, and general office management. Exceptional analytical, customer service, problem-solving and administration skills. Detail-oriented, enthused, and seasoned professional. Creator of proactive and positive work environments. Vast experience in Microsoft Office. Ability to speak Portuguese and English fluently and conversational Spanish.
FCBB – Federation of Canadian and Brazilian Business, Toronto, ON
(Volunteer) Event Project Manager Oct 2019 – Present
• Responsible for building and sustaining business relationships. Facilitating project creation, integration, governance, execution, and evaluation reviews. Major activities include: Leading, developing and managing the team (coaching, recruitment, employee relations and performance management).
• Manage all pre-event planning, organizing guest speakers and delegate packs. Obtaining permits, negotiating sponsorship deals, venues, and vendors.
• Working cross-functionally with other teams to coordinate large-scale projects.
• Responsible for brainstorming and implementing event plans and concepts.
Mad Mexican, Toronto, ON
Events, Catering & Markets Coordinator Oct 2019-Mar 2020
• Successfully managed events and markets from the initial proposal to the final billing, including application and team supervision.
• Managed and responded to Request for Proposals (RFPs) received via email, phone, and website within Mad Mexican standards of 4 hours.
• Prepared and reviewed weekly spreadsheets, presenting the progress of sales revenue for the Operations Manager.
• Responsible for generating invoices and handling payments via credit card.
• Efficiently created and optimized processes for identifying and monitoring events and markets.
• Implemented “Caterease”, a computerized catering system that facilitates and tracks the process of orders placed.
• Rebuilt the events department from scratch: administrated costs & revenues, and created valuable relationships.
• Responsible for daily follow-up calls, keeping in contact with past, current and potential customers.
• Handled guest feedbacks and alerted Operations Manager to opportunities for improvement.
• Communicated all the arrangements with related departments to ensure the delivery of all customer requests.
• Created BEO’s (banquet event order) including all the catering orders, as per customer request.
• Managed partnership with the Gourmet Food & Wine Expo, RC Show and Day of the Dead/Dia de los Muertos, exhibiting and selling products to thousands of consumers and potential customers.
• Organized Farmer’s Market, implementing a “Standard Packing Procedure” and “Training guideline” to ensure all the team was following the Mad Mexican Standards, providing excellent service and experience to the customers.
Toronto Blue Jays, Toronto, ON
Multilingual Ticket Seller Feb 2019-Sep 2019
• Completed and delivered individualized daily ticket sales report by keeping an accurate daily balance sheet of cash received and tickets sold via The Toronto Blue Jays’ specialized ticket computer program.
• Balanced sales and submitted cash to box office supervisor for auditing.
• Planned and executed sales reports via The Toronto Blue Jays’ specialized ticket computer program.
• Chosen Employee of the Month for 2 months due to efficiently and accurately providing personalized service to Brazilian Portuguese and Spanish speakers. Provided ongoing support to co-workers, collaborated on donations to Jays Care Foundation, which helps children through sports.
• Successfully became part of the top five Employees of the Month for four consecutive months.
The Foodies Group, Toronto, ON
Event Coordinator May 2019-Aug 2019
• Strategically tracked key performance areas and identified items to work on for future events.
• Coordinated with vendors, exhibitors, and stakeholders during the event planning stage.
• Built and adhered to an event budget to avoid project overruns.
• Managed event setup, tear-down, and follow-ups.
• During the internship period, was successfully in running three corporate events, three catering events, three Public Relations (PR) events, two Farmer's Markets’ events, two contest events, and one not-for-profit event.
Education and Professional Development
• Centennial College May 2018 – Ago 2019
Special Event Planning Diploma
• USCS – Municipal University of São Caetano do Sul, Brazil Feb 2003 – Dec 2007
Bachelor’s Degree in Communication, Radio and TV
• Creative Relearning - Keep Learning School May 2020
• Transcending your Limits – Tadashi Kadomoto Institute May 2017
• Leader Training – Tadashi Kadomoto Institute Ago 2016
• NpB - Networking for Brazilians Oct 2019 – Current
• CFC - Canadian Film Centre Sep 2018