Mohammad Usama Butt
House # ***-Ravi Block, Allama Iqbal Town, Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan
WeChat ID: ubutt664
Sex Male Date of birth 23/11/1995 Nationality Pakistani Education
UNIVERSITY OF LAHORE Lahore, Pakistan
Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering 2014-2018 PUNJAB GROUP OF COLLEGES Lahore, Pakistan
Secondary Higher Education (Pre-Engineering) 2012-2014 Work Experiences
PLANNING ENGINEER AT FREMONT ENGINEERING (PVT) LTD Lahore, Pakistan Site Supervision, Planning, Procurement, Quantity Estimation and Rate Analysis (December 2019 –June 2020)
– Explored Prequalification’s, Demand, Bidding, Tender Documentation Criteria, Planning, Quantity Estimation, and Rate Analysis of different Projects. TRAINEE ENGINEER AT AMIN CONSTRUCTION SERVICES Lahore, Pakistan Fatima Jinnah Medical University / Rehabilitation & Widening of Nian Road (March 2019 –September 2019)
– Explored Technical Report Writing, Tender Documentation and Systematic Concepts of Project Startup. Quantity Estimation and Rate Analysis of different Projects, Technical Work, Concreting, Carpeting, Managing Labors, Technical Staff, Material Management etc. INTERNSHIP AT WAPDA (HYDRO) PLANNING DEPARTMENT Sunny View, Lahore, Pakistan Feasibility Study of Dasu Hydropower Project (July 2017–August 2017)
– Explored Hydrology of the Dam Site, Prepared Hydrographs for the Dam site, Geophysical and Geological Investigation Investigations was reported, Field tests were carried out and different parameters were specially to be noted for the dam site, Grouting methods were adopted according to the geology of the site, Structural Design Criteria were reported, Preliminary drawings were prepared.
– Technical Report was presented to the department carrying all the data investigated. Technical Report carried salient features of the project, phases involved in selection of consultant, design criterion, preliminary drawings etc.
INTERNSHIP AT MANZOOR TRADERS Sargodha, Pakistan
Rehabilitation and Construction of Gulehra Gali to Dhandha Chijjiana Road (August 2016–September 2016)
– Explored the ways for rehabilitation of road, Prepared an estimate for the material, Supervised Paving of Road according to the specifications, Reported Testing of the Road material. Technical Reports & Presentations
DETERMINATION OF SHEAR STRENGTH OF EPOXY SUPPORTING FRP ON CONCRETE SURFACE Research report on Fiber Reinforced Composites (FRP) with Epoxy Resins Study on a Concrete Surface
– Explored the feasibility of using FRP laminates to enhance the flexural and shear capacity of a Structure.
– Compiled and presented process description of using Epoxy supporting FRP on different Compressive strengths of Concrete, analyzed the (failure) experimental results on FRP and concrete de-bonding. COMPARISON OF DIRECT STRENGTH METHOD & EFFECTIVE WIDTH METHOD FOR DESIGN OF COLD FORMED STEEL COLUMNS
Research report on Design of Cold Form Steel columns (Channel Section with lipped) using DSM and EWM.
– Explored Experimental and Analytical results of section using DSM, EWM, CUFSM and ABACUS.
– Compiled Results of the section in behavior of Global, Local, Distortional buckling and its ultimate strength using different methods.
– Finite Element Analysis of the Specimen using ABACUS Software and Compared Results with CUFSM Method.
– Proposed the Effective Method to Adopt for the Design of Cold Formed Steel Sections (Channel Section with lipped) and to take into account actual practices for sustainable development. RETROFITTING OF EXISTING HOUSES FOR ENERGY EFFICIENCY Research Report on Energy Efficiency of Houses for Sustainable Development
– Elaborated the Energy Consumption of Constructed houses for the period of one year.
– Identified potential problems and challenges that cause’s energy inefficiency.
– Proposed the Retrofitting techniques that could help reducing the energy consumption in houses. DEVELOPMENT OF A COMPUTER PROGRAM FOR ANALYSIS AND DESIGN OF POST-TENSIONED HIGHWAY BRIDGES
Final Year Project
– Leadership: Lead my group of 3 students for final year project and coordinated with group members for preparing and compiling a detailed report on Design of Post-Tensioned Bridges and comparing the results for different Tendon Profiles on the basis of change in Span and Girder’s Dimension.
– Report Compiling: Prepared and submitted a detailed report containing commentary on Post-Tensioned Bridges reinforcement and Tendon Profiles, detailed mechanism diagrams for provision of Tendon Profiles with variable Spans, complete process description for the use of Computer Program. Academic Activities
YOUNG LEADERS PROGRAM (OLIVE SOCIETY) University of Lahore Skills development program initiative by UOL for outstanding students enhancing their capabilities in every phase of life
– Skills development: Career Skills, Decision Making, Problem Solving, Learning Skills, Effective Listening, Managerial Skills, Entrepreneurship skills.
– Conferences: China Pakistan Economic Corridor(CPEC) as a game changer by Ahsan Iqbal (Minister for Planning, Development and Reforms), One Bed One Road initiative, Core issues of Pakistan by DGISPR Major General Asif Ghafoor, Optimism (The hidden asset), The Concept of Fragility State, Core leadership theories, Role of Entrepreneurship in the development of a country.
– Projects ongoing:
Pakistan Book Bank and Students Literacy Coalition (https://www.facebook.com/pkbookbank/)
Pakistan Success Stories (https://www.facebook.com/success.stories.pk/) SURVEY CAMP (CIVIL ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT UOL) Lahore, Pakistan Practical startup surveying initiative by CED management that taught students professional practices in surveying
– Field Practice Skills: Use of Total Station & Theodolite, Contouring, Horizontal Curves, Vertical Curves, Reverse Curves etc.
Honors and Awards
CERTIFICATE OF APPRECIATION
– Certificate of Appreciation by WAPDA (Hydro)Planning Department on Proficient Performance CHIEF MINISTER’S AWARD
– Received Merit-Based Laptop Award from Chief Minister Punjab ACADEMIC SCHOLARSHIPS
– University of Lahore Merit Based Scholarship for Outstanding Student ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENT
– Secured Position in Top Students of the University Seminars
– Rehabilitation and Strengthening of Structures
– Performance Evaluation of School Building on Blast Loading
– Earthquake Resistive Structures
– Hiring of Consultants (PC-II)
– Advanced Process Safety Management
– Pakistan Engineering Council REG # Civil53218
– Higher Education Commission
– Digital Skills: Microsoft Office, ETABS, SAFE, AutoCAD, Primavera P6.