MAE P. VILLANUEVA
Dublin, California 94568
Litigation Legal Analyst (Contracted)
• Performed document review for ongoing matters and information governance purposes.
• Drafted a historical summary of a legacy subsidiary.
• Provided Legal Analyst support for complex and routine litigation matters.
• Managed discovery for a varied and complex litigation docket, including product liability, employment, personal injury, commercial, and other disputes.
• Contributed to the effective and efficient resolution of litigation matters consistent with case strategy.
• Worked closely with Chevron business partners, Corporate Leads, Legal Analysts, eDiscovery Specialists, and outside counsel to deliver successful case results.
• Supported the team in managing preservation, data collection, and production.
• Conducted factual and legal research.
• Ensured appropriate and best use of tools and processes. Litigation Paralegal
The Law Office of Allan Villanueva 10/2012-10/2019
• Performed legal research and analysis on state and federal statutes, codes, Department of Industrial Relations, IWC wage orders, Department of Social Services regulations and local court rules.
• Drafted civil complaints, demand letters and prepare wage and hour and retaliation claims with the Division of Labor and Standards Enforcement.
• Performed intake, investigation, interview witnesses, document review, perform due diligence on and hire claims administration company.
• Collaborated with attorney to develop legal strategy, propound and respond to discovery requests and case activities.
• Represented clients in administrative conferences and hearings before the DLSE.
• Prepared deposition questions and exhibits.
• Prepared client for depositions, arbitrations, mediations and trial.
• Managed master calendar.
• Conducted client intake and witness interviews.
• Provided assistance to attorney during all phases of trial by ensuring procedural compliance, preparing jury voir dire questions, trial binders, exhibit logs, courtroom equipment and technical support.
• Corresponded and coordinate with government agencies, attorneys, and court staff.
• Reviewed legal services and settlement agreements.
• Assisted in all aspects of the Federal and California court of appeal process. EDUCATION
California State University, Long Beach
B.A. in Human Development, 1997
Paralegal Certificate, June 2015
ACEDS E-discovery Certificate,
Legal Research - FastCase, Westlaw, LexisNexis
Computer - Word Excel, PowerPoint & Clio, iManage, TeamConnect, Outlook, Excel, Relativity 101 Training Program
Language - Fluent in Filipino
Contra Costa Food Bank – Food Assistance Program Distribution