Dakota D. Fulks
Howard University School of Business, Washington, D.C. May 2019 Master of Business Administration Candidate (Concentration in Finance)
• Co-President, Howard MBA Finance and Investment Club
• BNP Paribas Trading Challenge 1st Place Finish
• Member, Institute of Supply Chain Management
• Volunteer, Habitat for Humanity
Georgia Southern University, Statesboro, GA May 2014 Bachelor of Business Administration (Supply Chain Management and Intermodal Transportation)
• Supply Chain Management and Intermodal Transportation
• Student Government Association Senator
Logistics Management Institute, Tyson Corner. VA 2019 - Present Supply Chain Management, Lead Consultant
• Conducted gap analysis to reduce programmatic redundancies and inefficiencies.
• Lead, manage and direct a team of 10 consultants.
• Assist in the business development of company opportunities related to property management life cycle maturity assessments of federal property management programs with ASTM Standard E2452.
• Perform strategic analysis of applicable policies, business processes, and procedures, internal controls, third party audits, and records in supporting accountable property systems of record (APSR).
• Provide technical expertise in structuring and conducting assessments, capturing and analyzing data, and providing results that aid in facts- based decision-making for senior leaders.
• Knowledge of federal property management policies and procedures governing property accountability is required. United States Department of State, Washington, DC 2015 - 2019 Foreign Service Management Officer
• Current TS SCI Full Scope Poly Clearance
• Lead, coached, and promoted professional development of both Embassy and locally hired staff. Managing a team of 10+ contractors to provide support and assistance to over 200 diplomats around the world.
• Promoted four times over a three-year period
• Oversaw mission-critical projects for multiple U.S Agencies. Projects involved sourcing material, planning international flights, overseeing international supply chains, and managing multi-million-dollar budgets to establish new United States Embassy across Africa and Latin America.
• Negotiate bilateral agreements with international agencies allowing for the safe transfer of personal and property into multiple countries. Agreements ranged from negotiating imports and exports of goods, hiring of local employees, and coordinating with local police forces and/or military for security of embassy personal.
• Maintained the upkeep of Embassy buildings and staff, resulting in functional real estate, vehicles, and $100,000+ of accountable property. Citi Trends Incorporated, Savannah, GA 2014 - 2015 Supply Chain Analyst
• Developed & executed supply chain strategies and a SCM balance scorecard to improve business process effectiveness and efficiency
• Conducted cost-saving analysis dealing with $30,000,000 of products a week. Weekly analysis produced daily cost reports related to inbound and outbound logistics for the clothing retailer’s 513 national stores.
• Negotiated rates with the company’s current carriers that resulted in over $500,000 saved in 2015.
• Developed cost-effective financial budgets for monthly and annual reviews. Budgets were distributed to the Vice President of Operations and other executives. As a result of my analysis, productivity increased and labor cost in the distribution centers decreased resulting in a lowering of over 3% in year over year cost dealing directly with PP&E in our distribution centers.
• Organized collaboration sessions with marketing, finance, and accounting teams to ensure products reached stores at appropriate times. Developed a strategy to maximize the supply chains effect on the general ledger and SEC reports.
• Conducted market research of over 60 carriers to determine the most effective and efficient supply chains for the organization resulting in over 500K of savings directly related to carrier rates. Skills
• Project Management Professional (PMP) Certified
• HTML/CSS Proficient
• Supply Chain: Planning, Sourcing and Forecasting
• Microsoft Excel Certified Expert
• Microsoft Project