Lead UI/UX Developer
Alderson Loop Consulting
March 2019 to Present
Currently serves as a UI/UX Lead for several clients in the government and commercial space. Constantly collaborating with Business Analyst and Stakeholders to design journey maps, low fidelity wireframes and interactive proof of concept UI components. Constantly working with other members of the software development team, mainly backend developers to negotiate data contracts and REST API data exchanges to populate the UI.
• Lead the UI/UX design effort for a MVP POC for a government clients.
• Worked with Business Analyst to define user journey maps and low fidelity wireframes to present to clients.
• Worked on mobile UI/UX wireframes and high fidelity mockups for a separate product.
• Lead UI development of the MVP POC using Angular 7, typescript, HTML5, and sass.
• Supported development and maintenance for apps using React.js app
• Worked with Business Analyst, and product owners to define use cases and refine requirements. CACI International INC
May 2018 to March 2019
Senior UX/UI Software Developer
2015 to 2019
Served as Senior UX/UI Developer for the Civil Division Online Base Relational Application (COBRA) project. The COBRA application was an enterprise level web-based application providing innovative approaches to address big data ingestion, storage and retrieval problems. This project leveraged and combined existing mature open source projects to create a government accessible open source Litigation Support platform.
● Designed UX workflows for new development efforts.
● Designed and developed prototypes for rapid customer feedback using the Sketch software, then developing the POC in React, HTML and CSS3.
● Developed end-to-end solutions using cutting edge web development technologies for NGA and the FBI. TREVAN
UX/UI Software Developer with over 11 years of experience in user interface architecture, cross-browser user interface responsive design, development, data modeling, and security. Experience with translating business requirements into technical specifications. Experience with designing UX for complex systems. Excellent communication skills, and works well on teams and on individual assignments. Innate ability to view the big picture for complex applications and provide a simple UX solution to not overwhelm end users.
● Designed and developed Rest Services using express.js, mongoDB and mongoose that were consumed by a React front-end.
● Developed and maintained Geospatial user interfaces in React 15+.
● Designed low fidelity wireframes to demonstrate UX workflows using Balsamiq.
● Designed high fidelity UI mockups to present to stakeholders and product owners using Sketch.
● Lead planning and implementation for the UI architecture.
● Developed data-driven components in Angularjs and React, that were populated with a Java web service layer.
● Implemented rich data visualizations using D3.js and Angularjs.
● Implemented a testing framework using Karma and Jasmine.
● Setup automated task using webpack, and npm.
● Worked with the lead security engineer to implement OAuth2 and SAML authentication portal.
● Delegated tasks and responsibilities to team members using JIRA.
● Performed code reviews for quality assurance before code commits to GIT.
● Worked with product owners, and end-users to document use cases and requirements. UX/UI Senior Software Developer
2014 to 2015
Served as a Senior software developer, leading development efforts on many of the company's product migration task. Developed a mobile application that was pushed to both iOS and Android markets, leveraging hybrid technologies such as Ionic, and Cordova to consume .Net REST API endpoints.
● Design and developed UX/UI for a mobile application targeting iOS and Android platforms.
● Supported existing software, enhancements and bug fixes.
● Researched open source UI tools to develop new innovative products.
● Developed a mobile application using Cordova/Phonegap and Ionic.
● Conducted user test and analysis for current software system.
● Developed a prototype for a responsive Single Page Application dashboard.
● Worked with back-end developers to consume .NET REST API endpoints. UX/UI Developer 3
CACI International INC
2011 to 2014
Served as a Web Developer for the OMEGA development team. Supported 12 independent application development projects including two enterprise-level web-based applications. Participated in a migration from a waterfall to the Agile/ SCRUM framework.
● Designed and developed UX/UIs for multiple web applications.
● Designed wireframes and high-fidelity mockups to present to team members and product owners.
● Supported existing applications, enhanced and refactored legacy code.
● Lead a team of UI developers on a very complicated UI redesign for an existing big data application.
● Lead the 508 compliance and web standards efforts across all developed applications.
● Worked with back-end developers to consume JAVA REST API endpoint.
● Provided maintenance, problem diagnosis/resolutions for production issues.
● Provided unit and functional testing to ensure code quality.
● Participated in code reviews.
Baltimore State's Attorney's Office
2007 to 2011
● Designed wireframes and high-fidelity mockups.
● Developed individual module applications to integrate into the Intranet platform. EDUCATION
Masters of Science in Human Computer Interaction
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
Web Technologies: CSS3, SASS, LESS JQuery, Angular 2+, React, Redux, D3.js, Cordova, Ionic, Karma, Jest, Enzyme, Jasmine, oAuth2, Webpack, Babel, npm, yarn
Software: Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Balsamiq Mockups, Sketch, JIRA Versioning Tools: Git
Development Methodology: Agile, Scrum
Security Clearance: NACI, Public Trust