• Passed all four parts of Uniform CPA examination (currently pursuing CPA licensure) and a licensed Chartered Accountant (Indian equivalent of US CPA)
• Over five years of working experience in accounting, auditing and finance with strong understanding of US GAAP
Senior Accountant – Carbon Inc., Redwood City, CA Jan 2019 – Mar 2020
• Accountable for monthly, quarterly and annual close process and financial analysis to ensure accounts are reconciled and reported in accordance with US GAAP. o Prepared reclassification, accrual, allocation of benefits, credit cards, expense reports and adjusting JE’s as part of close process.
o Performed reconciliation of global bank accounts, balance sheet accounts, elimination entries, global intercompany payables, receivables, revenue and COGS and resolved any discrepancies. o Created amortization schedule manually each month for prepaid rent, insurance and expenses.
o Prepared consolidated financial report summary for Senior Management
• Saved 2 days per month of manual entries by developing an automated system for uploading bank statements into ERP and adding bank fee-functionality in AR module in collaboration with bank relationship manager and in-house IT department.
• Assisted external auditor with financial audit on annual basis and prepared PBC request as required.
• Prepared US Census Survey and asset-liability report in compliance with SVB bank loan process.
• Created and managed vendor accounts in ERP system and assisted with closing Purchasing orders in collaboration with purchasing department.
Revenue Accountant –Nexant Inc., San Francisco, CA Mar 2017 – Dec 2018
• Responsible for Revenue Recognition, invoicing for multi-million dollar government and ‘Software as a Service (SaaS)’ projects as well as managing Accounts Receivable and Collections. o Managed month end closing procedures including preparation of journal entries for reclassification, accruals and prepaid and reconciliation of general ledger accounts. o Review Master Service Agreements, Statement of Work, Change Orders, Modifications and Purchase Orders to determine appropriate billing and revenue recognition treatment, and ensure accounting is in accordance with GAAP and in line with company policies. o Review of various billable cost elements on monthly basis and preparation of final invoice for United States Agency for International Development (USAID) in accordance Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR)
o Invoicing of Software licensing and implementation, Maintenance and Services Revenue Recognition practices under GAAP
• Improved billing cycle by 5 days per month for invoices worth millions/month by designing a new standard in collaboration with the team and thus eliminating the need for multiple rounds of review.
• Played a key role in ERP implementation (from Delteck Cost Point to Oracle Fusion) by working closely with the IT team to design new reports that facilitate smooth billing and validating accuracy of AR reports among others.
• Generate and review weekly AR reports with business unit heads to monitor past-due accounts and bad debt analysis and write-offs.
• Managed daily processing of cash collection from multiple bank accounts including ACH wires and lock box. Identified and resolve payment discrepancy between invoice and actual payment received from customer including reconciliation of bank accounts. Senior Accountant (Consultant) – Genentech Inc., SSF, CA Jan 2016 – Feb 2017
• Worked as a consultant in ‘fixed asset management’ division with responsibilities including but not limited to asset management, credit applications, reconciliation of general ledger accounts and a wide range of month-end activities
• Asset creation and disposal;
o Prepared asset creation packages in SAP in collaboration with over 100 project managers across different departments.
o Identified asset class for depreciation and prepared cost allocation. o Reviewed asset activity form followed by sale, disposal or transfer to different cost center of existing assets.
• Monthly prepared and reviewed of asset retirement and asset balance report in SAP as a part of month-end activities.
• Prepared long-lead analysis of projects above USD $5million for internal audit.
• Reviewed and processed credit applications and released projects in SAP. Internal Auditor - Sunny Trexim Pvt. Ltd, Kolkata, India Aug 2012 - May 2013
• Initiated and Recovered over $230,000 for clients by identifying and correcting errors in Packing Credit in Foreign Currency (PCFC) interests charged by bank and managing relationship with bank manager as well as other vendors.
• Worked with core audit team in key financial auditing and testing operating effectiveness in areas of Cash, Accounts Payable, Inventory, PCFC interest, Brokerage & commission, Duty Drawback, Sale of import licenses
Senior Accountant - Santosh Kumar & Co., Kolkata, India Mar 2008 - Jul 2012 Part time internship converted to a full time employee after CA certification
• Prepared annual budget, forecast, cash flow and financial statements for multiple clients.
• Performed internal audit for multiple clients from different industries and prepared financial audit reports and findings.
• Within 6 months of employment as Chartered Accountant, I acquired two new major clients for the tax firm.
• Filed Income Tax/Tax Deducted at Source (TDS) returns for over 6 clients with turnover over
Oracle Fusion, SAP, Delteck (Cost Point), Tally, Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) EDUCATION & CERTIFICATES
Pursuing CPA license in US (passed all four parts of Uniform CPA examination REG, AUD, BEC and FAR) Chartered Accountant, Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, Kolkata, India May 2006 - Nov 2011, 4 years CPA certification covering British Chartered curriculum Bachelor in Business Administration, University of Calcutta, India Jun 2005 - Jun 2008, Major: Accounting, GPA 3.75/4.0
Green card holder (Permanent resident of US) – authorized to work in US without any visa requirements