Name: Dr: HAMZA PALEKKODAN
Address: Palekkodan house
Malappuram, Kerala, India
Telephone: Mobile: 0091 944-***-****
Date of birth: 31-5-1979
Place of birth: Malappuram
Marital status: Married
Job Status: Assistant Professor in Pathology, Kerala Veterinary University
Education: BVSc, MVSc (Veterinary Pathology and Microbiology), NET Degree Name of
Central Education, Kerala 1994 59 %
Pre Degree University of Calicut 1996 62%
BVSc (Bachelor of
Veterinary Science and
Kerala Agricultural University 2003 69%
MVSc (Master of
Veterinary science in
Kerala Agricultural University 2007 88%
Recruitment Board, New Delhi
From To Post Department
1/9/2003 31/3/2004 Lecturer
Vocational Higher Secondary
Elephant Welfare Association,
Department of Animal Husbandry,
Department of Pathology, Kerala
Veterinary and Animal sciences
Training and workshop attended:
Date Name of Training Institution
Project in Poultry production
Poultry and Duck Farm,
Internship training at University
Poultry farm, Cattle farm and
Control Of Major Zoonotic In
College Of Veterinary
And Animal Sciences
Induction Training for
Institute of Management
Hospital Management, Modern
Diagnostics And Therapeutics
, Kerala Agricultural
Elite Mission Hospital,
State level Master training on
Promotion of Farmers Group
Ministry of Agriculture,
Government of India
Diagnosis And Control of
Infectious and Contagious
Chemical Immobilization Of
Central Training Institute,
Operationalisation of ATMA
Ministry of Agriculture,
Government Of India
Advances In Clinical Veterinary
Kerala State Veterinary
Advanced Techniques In
Diagnosis and Control Of
Research and Publication:
• As part of MVSc Program conducted Research on the topic” Pathology of Pneumo enteric lesions in Goat” and submitted a thesis to the Kerala Agricultural University.
• Presented a paper on “Aspergillosis in a Quail farm” at seminars conducted by Indian Association of Veterinary Pathology.
• Presented and published a paper” Field Level investigation on Mimosa diplotricha toxicity in young Buffaloes” at National Science Congress 2008.
• Presented a paper on “Management of Hydroallantois in a cow” at a state level seminar on 2010
• Pseudolymphoma in a domestic fowl subsequent to Newcastle disease vaccination: A case report. Bipin, K.C, Hamza Palekkodan, Deepa P.M, Ajith Jacob George, Sajitha I.S And Pradeep M. IAVP South Conference Pookot 2011
• Shyam,S., Sreelakshmi,M., Hamza Palekkodan, Anoopraj, R. and Prasanna, K.S. 2015. Intestinal adenocarcinoma in poultry-A case study. In Proceedings: 7th Kerala Veterinary Science Congress, pp.557.
• Sreelakshmi,M., Shyam,S., Raseel,K., Anoopraj, R., Hamza Palekkodan and Prasanna, K.S. 2015. Intestinal adenocarcinoma in poultry-A case study. In Proceedings: 7th Kerala Veterinary Science Congress, pp.558.
• Sreelakshmi,M., Prasanna, K.S., Shyam,S., Anoopraj, R., Hamza, P. and Nair,N.D. 2015. Vices and poultry health-pathomorphological investigation on mortality in layer birds due to vices. In Proceedings: XXXII Annual Conference of Indian Poultry Science Association & National Symposium,pp. 197.
• Shyam,S., Prasanna, K.S., Sreelakshmi,M., Hamza, P., Anoopraj, R. and Nair,N.D. 2015. Incidence of tumours- can it be an emerging threat for layer farming?. In Proceedings: XXXII Annual Conference of Indian Poultry Science Association & National Symposium,pp. 200.
• Chintu,R., Rajasekhar, R., Sumod, K., Anoopraj, R., Hamza P., and others. 2015. Molecular confirmation of avian infectious bronchitis outbreak in poultry. In Proceedings: XXXII Annual Conference of Indian Poultry Science Association & National Symposium,pp. 231.
• Hamza palekkodan,Anoopraj R.,Sabeer hussain,Sooryadas S. and others. 2016. Pyothorax due to oesophageal perforation in a dog a case report. In proceedings XIII th National Congress on Canine Practise. pp. 110
• Shyam S.,Sabeer hussain K.V.,Hamza Palekkodan and others.2016. Post mortem investigation of Spirocercosis in stray dogs. In proceedings XIII th National Congress on Canine Practise. pp. 108
• S.,Sabeer hussain K.V.,Hamza Palekkodan and others.2016. A case report of canine chondroblastic osteosarcoma. In proceedings XIII th National Congress on Canine Practise. pp. 108
• Nasreen fathima.M.S.,Hamza Palekoodan and others.2016. Warfarin poisioning-A report on histomorphological observation in a dog. In proceedings XIII th National Congress on Canine Practise. pp. 109
• Yashash R Kumar, Hamza Palekoodan and others.2016. Chronic splenic torsion in a German Shepherd dog-A case report. In proceedings XIII th National Congress on Canine Practise. pp. 109
• Magnus Paul kakkassery, Hamza Palekoodan and
others.2016.Leiomyoma complicated with vaginal prolapse in a German shepherd dog. In proceedings XIII th National Congress on Canine Practise. pp. 115 Saccular aneurysm of thoracic aorta in a dog. In Proceedings: 7th Kerala Veterinary Science Congress, pp.558
• Sreelakshmi. M., Shyam.S., Raseel. K., Anoopraj.R, Hamza Palekkodan and Prasanna K.S. 2015.Saccular aneurysm of thoracic aorta in a dog. In Proceedings: 7th Kerala Veterinary Science Congress, pp.558
• Mandibular osteosarcoma in a Rottweiler dog and its management. Reji Varghese, Jinesh Kumar N S, Hamza Palekkodan, Dinesh P.T., Sooryadas S., Umesh C.G., Syam K. Venugopal .National conference on cancer 2017,Tirupathi
• A Rare Case Of Epitheloid Haemangiosarcoma In A Rottweiler dog. 4
Hamza Palekkodan, Jinesh kumar N.S, Prasanna K.S, Sajitha I.S, Ano opraj R, Mammen J Abraham. National conference on cancer 2017,Tirupathi
• Management of spleenic haemangioma in a crossbred female Dog. N.S.Jinesh kumar, Reji Varghese, P. Hamsa, P. T. Dinesh, S. Sooryadas and John Martin. National conference on cancer 2017,Tirupathi
Job skills and experiences:
• Seven years experience as veterinary pathologist at field level and two year experience in teaching and research in veterinary pathology at university level.
• Consultant pathologist at Teaching Veterinary clinical complex
• Specialised Pathologist in post-mortem examination of farm and pet animals, birds and wild animals.
• Experience in histopathology, cytology and clinical pathology.
• As part of research screened 1000 goat carcasses for pathological lesions.
• As District Veterinary Pathologist, Conducted 1500 Autopsies for disease diagnosis along with histopathology for confirmation in animals and birds.
• Seven years experience as nodal officer of Avian Influenza and Brucella screening programme in Malappuram District.
• Seven years experience in disease diagnosis, treatment and prophylactic measures in farm and pet animals.
• Involved in rapid and accurate diagnosis of rabies, a disease of great public health significance, through Fluorescent antibody technique.
• Engaged in timely dispatch of diagnostic reports to the farmers and veterinary doctors who referred the cases/samples for diagnosis
• Involved in extension activities like farmers’ counselling, field and farm visit for disease investigations and giving awareness on different disease conditions affecting livestock and poultry
• Involved in under graduate and post graduate teaching and research
• Ability to interpret Serum biochemical and blood values for accurate disease diagnosis and treatment.
• As part of Disease Control Program planned and executed mass vaccination camps against PPR, FMD, Pasteurellosis, Anthrax, Black Quarter, Rabies, Canine distemper, Parvo and Ranikhet disease.
• Training faculty in various farmer training programs.
• Team leader of Elephant and Wild animal Tranquilisation squad.
• Technical consultation for poultry farms and disease diagnosis by post- mortem examination in birds.
• Nodal officer and trainer in the Animal Birth Control program for sterilization of stray animals and conducted neutering in hundreds of dog and cats.
Dr.N.Vijayan. Professor and Head, Department of Veterinary Pathology
College of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Mannuthy Mobile 0091 944-***-****
Dr.Prasanna K.S. Assistant Professor, Department of Veterinary Pathology, College of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Pookode. Mobile 0091 949-***-****