JEFFREY M. GOLDSTEIN, ESQ.
*** ********** ****, *******, *** Jersey 07666
Hakimi Law, P.C., Great Neck, New York, October 2019 - Present Lucosky Brookman, Woodbridge, New Jersey, August 2018 – October 2019 Law Offices of Jeffrey M. Goldstein, PLLC, New York, NY October 2010 – August 2018 Represent Buyers, Sellers, Lenders and Borrowers in the purchases and sales of commercial/investment property, and the origination, refinancing and modification of Real Estate loans. Represent Sponsors, Buyers and Sellers on all aspects of Co-op and Condominium transactions including drafting of offering plans and end user sales. Specific transactions include:
• Represented EB-5 lender in $30m mezzanine financing in connection with a hotel construction loan
• Represented closely held corporation in buyouts of partners in several apartment buildings as well as sales of properties and investment of 1031 Exchange proceeds in multifamily properties in Texas and Florida
• Represented closely held corporation in purchasing and refinancing a portfolio of ten multifamily buildings JSBarkats PLLC, New York, NY Real Estate Partner, November 2009 – September 2010 Member of real estate practice, with an emphasis on purchases and sales of commercial property, origination, refinancing and modification of loans as well office leasing.
New York City Housing Authority, New York, NY Chief, Real Estate, December 2008 – July 2009 Supervised and managed a staff of five Attorneys focusing on Real Estate dispositions throughout New York City. Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP, New York, NY Real Estate Associate, November 2006 – July 2008 Integral member of national real estate practice, with a focus on (1) purchases and sales of commercial property, (2) origination, refinancing, modification and defeasance of multi-property loans and (3) the representation of landlords and tenants on high-level leasing transactions. Represented REITS, closely-held and publicly-traded corporations, private equity funds, venture capital funds, and hedge funds as well as established financial institutions in their capacity as borrowers, lenders, sellers and/or purchasers. Worked with a high level of independence and demonstrated successful negotiating, writing, analytical, and communicative skills. Specific responsibilities included:
• Drafted and negotiated a wide variety of real estate-related documents including, without limitation, purchase and sale agreements, term sheets, mortgages, loan agreements, all ancillary closing documents, opinion letters, joint venture agreements, commercial leases, amendments and modifications and tenant estoppel certificates.
• Performed real estate-related due diligence in connection with complex mergers and acquisitions, including the review of leases of issues and the completion of lease abstracts for internal and client review and use.
• Conducted extensive title reviews and negotiated final title insurance policies. Prepared necessary transfer tax documents and multi-state UCC filings.
• Reviewed and drafted corporate organizational and operating documents.
• Assisted with complex closings under challenging time constraints. Rappaport, Hertz, Cherson & Rosenthal, P.C., Forest Hills, NY Real Estate Partner, April 1998 – October 2006
Real Estate closing department head. Drafted contracts of sale, mortgages, consolidation, extension and modification agreements, spreader agreements, mortgage notes, mortgage note modifications, and condominium conversion plans. Drafted ancillary loan documents in connection with commercial real estate financings. Daniels, Norelli, Schwartz-Sidrane & Cecere/Law Offices of Scott D. Gross, Lake Success, NY Associate, September 1996 – March 1998
Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, New York, NY
Juris Doctor, May 1996
Yeshiva University, New York, NY
Bachelor of Arts, May 1993
ADMISSIONS AND AFFILIATIONS: Admitted in New York and New Jersey. Member of NYSBA.