Objective: to build a strong career as Cargo, Stevedoring and Logistics Supervisor in a challenging and progressive environment, where my skills and experience can be utilized effectively. Skills and Proficiencies
• Over 20 years of proven experience in bilingual translation, proof-reading and editing
• Strong interpersonal skills and communications with internal/external multi-nations organization in an effective manner (boss, colleagues, subordinates and clients)
• Excellent grasping power and effective at multi-tasking
• Good office management and organization abilities, creative problem solving, ability to rapidly master new concepts and ability to work independently or a part of a team and leadership potential
• Attention to details and work efficiently with minimum, work under pressure, meet deadlines, a good team player and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment. Education and Training
• B.A. Economics, University of Madras, India, 1989
• Graduate Diploma in Computer Programming (PGDCP), Datamation, Madras, India 1988
• Certificate in computer applications
Windows, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power Point, Internet Explorer, Lotus Notes,Microsoft outlook, SAP Model.
Cargo Supervisor: Qatar Petroleum, Mesaieed Port, July 2019 – April 2020 Job Responsibilities:
• Cargo Operations: Directs all cargo operations including class 1 cargo (explosives) by managing QP contracted stevedoring services and equipment suppliers. Responsible for daily liaison with all departments and divisions related to logistics operations to ensure timely allocation of QP & supplier equipment’s and manpower thus ensuring cargo operations productivity, efficiency and vessel turn around.
• Coordination: Conduct pre ship arrival meetings for nominated vessel with the stakeholders to ensure efficient utilization of berths & infrastructure. Approves plans and carries out inspections for critical lifts, including operational safety inspections on board vessels thus minimizing risk to cargo & port. Name Ayman Hassan Awad Belo
Date & Place of Birth 1/1/1968, Madani, Sudan
Marital Status Married with 3 children
Languages Arabic & English
Qatar Petroleum, Mesaieed Industrial City, Port Logistics & Administration Section
Home: 44901246, Mobile: 70201270
• Port Storage Space Management: Ensures maximum and efficient use of port facilities and cargo storage spaces by planning & ensuring continuous turnaround of cargo.
• Customer Relations: Ensures quality of cargo handling services rendered to third parties and under the supervision of line manager performs customer feed back surveys and evaluates the results with a constant endeavor to strive for improvement.
• Vessel Suitability Acceptance: Responsible for vessels suitability acceptance for the assigned berths by evaluating ship, and port operating parameters to ensure safe operations for all stakeholders.
• Incident Management: The first responder for all emergencies within the responsible areas of the port in close coordination with the vessel traffic control, and remains as the On Scene Commander until the emergency response team 7. Policies and Procedures: Assist and advise line management on development, communication, and maintenance of port cargo operations policies and procedures in line with QP and industry standards. Responsible to Implement polices and procedures to ensure safe and secure cargo operations.
• Policies and Procedures: Assist and advise line management on development, communication, and maintenance of port cargo operations policies and procedures in line with QP and industry standards. Responsible to Implement polices and procedures to ensure safe and secure cargo operations.
• HSE: Review and confirms the certification of the cargo handling gear and equipment by closely liaising with service providers to prevent delays occurring due to breakdown or unavailability of cargo gears. Responsible for issuing permit to work in designated port area as the operating authority. Report incidents in SAP and collate safety reports for management to follow up on.
• Port Revenue: Responsible for collation and reviewing of the documents for the logistics services rendered to port users, and thereby ensuring that all services provided are captured in the Disbursement Account by Port Administrative Department. Handles collection of revenue through ATM card swapping machine and hands over to Cargo Administration Department.
• Contractor Management: Responsible to ensure compliance of the stevedoring and equipment services contract terms and conditions and KPls. Take the necessary further action when required. Assists supervisor in administering various end user agreements along with other RI-IC or MIC departments. Reviews the services and enters Release Orders and Service Entry Sheets into SAP. Cargo Administration Supervisor: Qatar Petroleum, Ras Laffan Port, June 2013 – June 2019 Job Responsibilities:
• Responsible for preparation of disbursement accounts (DAs) for collation of Port Revenue from all the port users. Supervises verification of pre-arrival documentation like cargo manifests and Bills of Lading (Bs/L). Manages the issuance of invoices for port handling charges, and ensure the funds are credited prior to notifying Port Logistics Division to permit cargo operations.
• Continuously analyses the services being provided to the third parties, identifies new services, co- ordinates with other QP Departments in developing commensurate tariffs for the services. Works collectively with other departments in amending port tariffs to be consistent with the new contracts.
• Manage appropriate procedures for recovery of marine claims from tortfeasor(s). Responsible for managing the administration of claims from port incidents, thus safeguards QP interests.
• Draft section procedures for smooth functioning of the department through the dynamic phases of port transformations. Ensures and tunes the procedures in line with QP guidelines.
• Implement robust systems for analyzing the information on various services provided by the port to the customers, and convert said information into billable quantities of published tariff.
• Implement infallible systems for collating the documentation from various entities of the port like vessel arrival reports, pilot attendance sheets, stevedoring time sheets, and equipment rental sheets and oversees organizing same for each vessel / customer for billing purposes. Creates and updates vessel master data in SAP SD Systems. Ensures verification of cargo clearance by Customs and compliance with Port Regulations.
• Monitor the timely issuance of DA’s to comply with the department’s quality objectives. Manage the compilation of section’s KPIs to measure and report the performance
• Supervises compilation of monthly statistics on the various revenue streams. Review and approve monthly reports for export / import cargo, and prepares revenue budget for the department.
• Approves the disbursement accounts (DAs) and responsible for timely delivery to Finance Office. Directs the department documents retention policy and ensures compliance with same in archiving the respective documents. Manages DAs and collection of eCopies of Finance Invoice and store them in respective vessels’ folders.
• Ensures that all the services rendered to and by the Port are promptly captured and commercial transactions associated are in line existing contracts and approved tariff. Shipping and Agency Supervisor, Mesaieed Port, Septembre 2009 – 2013 Job Responsibilities:
• Coordinating with Lifters / Consignee for cargo to be exported and the Lays dates
• Coordinating with the Ship Owners and Chatterers for the arriving tankers to lift the cargo
• Keep in constant contact with the QP Marketing for the Hydrocarbon and Crude shipments
• Coordinates with different department for different product to be exported
• Calculating demurrage charges in case of any delay from the port and checking the Disbursement Account Statement.
• Review and approve monthly report in support of tanker nomination and cargo volume allocated by QP’s Marketing Department
• Review and approve monthly report in support of vessel movements and cargo loaded and discharged at the port
• Making on the spot decision in case of emergency. Working with the least Supervision in order to meet the deadlines
• Every two hours in Mesaieed port visiting all berths to monitor all loading and unloading operations
• Handling crew change for the hydrocarbon vessels and arranging Seaman Entry & Business Visas for the joining crew & for the Superintendent, Owners, Inspectors, etc.
• Coordinating with Police, Customs, Immigration Authorities & other Government Offices for to ensure compliance to ensure compliance to state rules and regulation Shipping Assistant, Mesaieed Port, September 1999 – 2009 Job Responsibilities:
Port Revenue: During the shift creates the disbursement accounts (DAs) for collation of revenue from all the port users. Verifies pre-arrival documentation like cargo manifests and Bill of Lading
(Bs/L). Issue invoices for Port handling Charges and collects the funds prior to notifying Port Logistics Division through the supervisor to permit cargo operations. Marine Claims: Follow appropriate procedures for recovery of marine claims from tortfeasor(s). Bill for the claims from port incidents, thus safeguards QP interests. Implementation of Procedures: Assist line manager in implementing procedures for smooth functioning of the department through the dynamic phases of port transformations. Billing Systems: Analyzing the information on various services provided by the port to the customers and convert said information into billable quantities of published tariff. Documentation: Support the implementation of the system for collating the documentation from various entities of the port like vessel arrival reports, pilot attendance sheets, conditions
of use, stevedoring time sheets, and equipment rental sheets and organize same for each vessel I customer for billing purposes. Update and assist in the creation of vessel master data in SAP Sales & Distribution (SD) Systems. Verifies cargo clearance by Customs and compliance with Port Regulations.
Quality: Assist in compiling the DA's in a timely fashion to meet the department's quality objectives. Assist in compiling the section's KPls to measure and report the performance. Port Statistics: Assist in compiling monthly statistics on the various revenue streams. DA Documentation: Assist to complete the disbursement accounts (DAs) documentation in SAP SD as per processing protocols and ensures timely delivery to Finance Office. Follow the department documents retention policy and ensures compliance with same in archiving the respective documents. Upload DAs' in Enterprise Content Management (ECM}. Collects eCopies of Finance Invoice and store them in respective vessels' ECM Folders. Vessels File Management: Set up file with the unique DA reference provided by the shipping agents and compile all the pertinent documents into this file to ensure tracking of the services and subsequent billing.
In Charge of computer accounts section at Federal Administration, Sudan. December 1995 to 1997
• Update and maintain accounting journals, ledgers and other records detailing financial business transactions (e.g., disbursements, expense vouchers, receipts, accounts payable). In Charge of computer accounts section at Blue Nile Cigarette Company Ltd. Sudan June 1993 to October 1995
• Verify accuracy of Invoices and other accounting documents, reconcile records with internal company employees, maintaining accounting journals and ledgers, resolve accounting discrepancies.
In Charge of computer accounts section at Sudanese Islamic Bank August 1990 up to June 199, Sudan
• Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations, to project future revenues and expenses or to provide advice to the management. Interpersonal Skills:
• Excellent interpersonal communications with internal/external multi nations public in an effective manner (boss, colleagues, subordinates and clients
• Good office management and organization abilities, creative problem solving, ability to rapidly master new concepts and ability to work independently or a part of a team and leadership potential.
• Ability for time management, working under pressure, meeting tight deadlines, a team player and a team leader, ability to work in a multi-cultural environment. Hobbies: surfing internet, watching movies and reading. References: Available upon request