Mitesh J. Patel
Scranton, PA 18510
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Cost and financial accounting
• Microsoft Excel and Access
• Leadership and employee management
• Revenue and budget administration
• Intuit QuickBooks
Master of Accountancy (MAcc) Degree Anticipated May 2020 The University of Scranton, Scranton, PA (GPA 4.00) Kania School of Management (AACSB Accredited)
(150 credit hours met)
Bachelor of Science Degree in Business and Finance May 2019 Keystone College (IACBE Accredited), La Plume, PA (GPA 3.99) Associate of Science Degree in Computer Information Technology Dec. 2016 Johnson College, Scranton, PA (GPA 3.98)
IMA Data Analytics & Visualization Fundamentals Certificate April. 2020 IMA Accounting Honor Society (IAHS) Mar. 2020
An esteemed group of accounting and business professionals focused on academic excellence.
• Institute of Management Accountants (IMA) member.
• Pursuing Certified Management Accountant (CMA) credential examination. Beta Gamma Sigma (BGS) Honor Society Mar. 2020
• The University of Scranton chapter for most outstanding business students.
• The International Business Honor Society.
• Keystone College, La Plume, PA June 2018, July 2017 & Jan. 2019
• Johnson College, Scranton, PA Feb. 2016 & Dec. 2016 Dean’s List
Keystone College, La Plume, PA Jan. 2018
Alpha Beta Kappa (ABK) National Honor Society Dec. 2016 Johnson College, Scranton, PA
• Awarded a mark of distinction and honored excellence for trades and essential occupations. Chi Alpha Epsilon (XAE) National Honor Society Dec. 2016 Johnson College, Scranton, PA
Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA) member. PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
General Manager Sep. 2016 – Oct. 2019
Sunoco, GNR Fuel LLC., Childs, PA
• Responsible for daily operations and managed a chain of three convenient stores and gas stations.
• Analyzed financial information and prepared financial reports to determine or maintain record of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liability, or other financial activities within the corporation.
• Developed, maintained, and analyzed budgets, prepared periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs.
• Prepared, examined, or analyzed accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
• Oversaw all tax matters including payroll tax, sales tax, and property tax.
• Managed all accounting transactions including bookkeeping, general ledger, bank payments and reconciliation.
• Established tables of accounts including accounts payable and receivables, assigned entries to proper accounts and prepared adjusting journal entries.
• Reviewed accounts for discrepancies and reconciled differences.
• Analyzed and maintained business data in information systems.
• Consistently analyzed sales statistics and inventory to implement innovative programs to drive revenue.
• Kept inventory optimized to ensure low costs while maintaining product availability.
• Consistently achieved profit goals and exceeded sales target by 5% every year.
• Increased customer satisfaction and bottom-line revenue by expanding product lines.
• Scheduled, trained, and coach employees to maximize performance in customer service, revenue generation, and daily tasks such as stocking and receipt tracking. Front Office Manager Oct. 2015 - Aug. 2016
Quality Inn & Suites JHG Corporation, Wilkes-Barre, PA
• Assisted General Manager with the daily operations of the hotel while managing Costs within Budget.
• Performed assigned administrative duties such as daily reports, credit card reversals, bank deposits, accounts receivables, travel agent research, lost and found, rooming lists, office supply inventory, and safety committee.
• Processed all financial transactions, produced reports, prepared work schedules, and developed budgets.
• Maintained room status inventory.
• Assisted General Manager with a market analysis that includes competitors’ rates by market segment for weekday and weekend.
• Achieved maximum revenue by implementing a rate structure.
• Recruited, trained and managed employees to deliver guest services and quality that lead to achieving goals for revenue and profit.