SAMUEL F. MATA, B.sc, B. E. S, C. Tech, CDCP,CDCS
PEO Reg. #100183589
** ********* ********, ********, **, L6X 5M2
Objective: To obtain a Bank Data Centre Critical Facilities Operators position and utilize my experience and skills for the successful completion of each job task.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS:
● Certified as “Technical Specialist” OACETT- Certified Technician and working toward PEO Designation Reg#100183589, Certified Data Center Professional(Epi/Exin-CDCP)
● Extensive experience in the building envelope, Building Energy Management, HVAC’s, Commercial pumps & motor, Fans, Water Treatment Facilities, SCADA -Programmable Logic Controller, Fire and life Safety Systems, building Automation Control Systems, Sustainability green building
● Excellent knowledge of building systems, equipment and proper operating conditions
● Solid current knowledge and Experience with industry Mechanical code and Standards
● Broad experience in the area of Static Electrical Plant, Switchgear and cable systems, and Method of Procedures for switching of High voltage during emergency situations.
● Responsible for continuous monitoring Data Center power & cooling, measurement to verify ASHRAE TC9.9 compliance & Level PUE
● Successful track record in dealing with Data Center environments, high availability implementation, reliability, electrical backup systems
● Knowledge of Rated 1&2&3&4 classifications & TIA 942 standards
● Well experience in Data Center design implementation & Operations
● Knowledge SLA/OLA agreement in Data Center
● Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Access 2007, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Outlook, AutoCAD ControlTech Innovations Inc.
Job Title: Manager/Part Time- August 16, 2016-Present Responsibilities:
● Control panel assembly & Manufacturing, selection and sizing of electrical switchgear and MCC’s, site installation and electrical safety authority inspection and approval
● System set up, test, commissioning and support to help customers mitigate their risk while ensuring a smooth transition to these modern solutions
● Data Centre or New data center facility engineering and design
● Panel design and Manufacturing, field testing, data collection, Instrument calibration
● Data Centre Assessment to analyze and resolve any electrical and mechanical problems
● Detailed Engineering Design, Electrical and cooling calculations to size systems to ensure proper operating environment is maintained
● Engineering and Management of critical UPS, Generator, Fire detection/suppression, and building control systems ADP-Automated Data Processing, Inc/CBRE
Job Title: Data Center-Lead Data Center Operations-April 15, 2013-May 6,2016 Responsibilities:
● Maintain power systems Data Center Global ADP facilities - Worth cost project US $5.5 million
● Handle ADP MEP infrastructures upgrade projects Data Center
● Support and coordinate Data Center preventive maintenance activities, including problem management
● Technical knowledge (including development, maintenance and troubleshooting) of Internet networking and multiple Internet applications such as ADSL, ISDN and DMS switches and CISCO, Ascend Routers
● Develop and implements operations and escalation procedures
● Create change order and notification procedures for the activity of the vendors and contractors
● Create Method of Procedures (MOP) for ongoing planning process of the activities in Data Center
● Research and analysis the operation sequences of the single line distribution in Data Center with Method of Procedures to make sure no potential impact to the business
● Coordinate to the Hardware support team and implementer to create a change order as per work activity in the Data Center
● Perform Preventative maintenance Liebert A/C units and visual inspections UPS’ module, PDU, RDC, Hardware systems, server, control panel/Medium voltage
● Monitors and reports on capacity and operational performance for the Data Center environment per assigned metrics
● Established and maintains operational standards, processes, intake and auditing programs in support of Data Center operations
● Maintain a disaster recovery plan for the Data Center Operations team
● Complies with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agency and company directives related to building operations and work safety.
● Leads operations, assigns work orders, and/or provides technical and procedural training of subcontractors. Arrange for subcontractors as needed.
● Consults with clients to schedule preventive maintenance and other downtime to minimize business interruption and inconvenience.
● Formulates and implements a preventive maintenance program to ensure that building machinery and systems meet or exceed their rated life.
● Monitors building systems including fire alarms, HVAC, and plumbing to ensure operation of equipment is within design capabilities and achieves environmental conditions prescribed by the client.
● Oversees and inspects the work performed by engineering contractors. Determines that work is complete, equipment is fully functional and client space is in prime working condition. Royal Bank of Canada
Job Title: Critical Building Operator (Critical Facilities) -March, 2010- April 08, 2013 Responsibilities:
● Operate and Maintain Power Plant Data center Facilities- Legacy Building, Phase 1 Building/Phase II building- $ 50 million
● Handle and Monitor building expansion projects for conversion of cooling systems.
● Knowledge Eaton -High Voltage UPS/Medium/Low Voltage UPS Electrical Distribution system in building operations.
● Deal with vendors, contractors, and services providers.
● Conduct routine inspection on building mechanical and electrical equipment, facility ground, and identify the cause of failure and take appropriate action during emergency power outages and Re-set/Calibrate all equipment during power alarm from underground and distribution systems and overhead power systems. Perform isolation procedures during preventative maintenance of power plant to Open/Close breakers of Switchboard in single line diagram.
● Perform routine inspection of White space IT computer server systems, Air Handling Unit- Fans System Exhaust air, return air, CRAC units LIEBERT Air systems, Power Distribution units.
● Create policies to enhance the safety, security and maintenance of the physical plant.
● Check and adjust the Computerized Building Automation system- Johnson control Meta system, TAC Control Graphic, UPS module, Switchboard, ATS Generator, Chubb Edwards GE systems, Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS), Simulation, PLC.
● Perform annual testing of Sprinkler systems of Test Valves, Shut off main valves, flow switch, Vesda systems, Pre-action, CO2, Fire panels, Fire bells, Emergency lights, Fire pump test, Batteries load test, Pull stations, Test paging, Generator Test, Backflow preventers.
● Prepare MOP and SOP procedures for Monthly/Annual Preventative maintenance of Electrical/Mechanical equipment.
● Perform preventative maintenance of cooling tower, Condenser water supply/return, Chilled water, Water treatment/ R.O system, Filter sand, AHU units.
● Maintain a database of facilities documents, inventory, check the specification of equipment. Mylan ULC (GENPHARM, Inc.)
Job Title: Maintenance Technician- May, 2004-December, 2009 Responsibilities:
● Performed preventive maintenance on building mechanical and electrical equipment, building envelope and facility ground, identify the cause of failure and take appropriate action, perform repairs to building equipment and monitor/operate building automation systems.
● Performed maintenance cleaning of equipment as per Standard Operating Procedures and Good Manufacturing Practices.
● Knowledge and Training in LEAN Manufacturing, Total productive maintenance (TPM) and Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
● Planned, scheduled and coordinated all interior furniture installation, moves, additions and changes.
● Performed calibration of Pressure transducer, Temperature, Flow meter, VFD, VAV, PLC logic control, Building Automation system, Fire safety alarm,
● Conducted Method of procedure of changing control process and modification of equipment.
● Prepared critical reports during the day to day operations and resolved immediately as per SOP and cGMP procedures.
Building Environmental System Class 1&2 (With Honor) -2004 Seneca College-Toronto, Ontario
Building Environmental System – Facility Manager
George Brown College
Programmable Logic Control -Allen Bradley
University of Toronto Mississauga
Project Management-In progress
Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineer