Vision-driven professional with a career-long record in administration, operations, and financial management in a preeminent organization.
Strategist, growth-focused thought leader with over ten plus years’ of experience in accounting, campaign finance management and administration. Exceptionally dedicated professional with keen interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills, as well as budget development and management, technological proficiency, and resource allocation expertise.
Problem Solver Bilingual: English/Spanish
Budget Development Reporting and Analysis
Flexible and able to adapt easily Project Coordination PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
LOCAL CAMPAIGNS, NEW YORK, NY January 2019 to Current CONSULTANT
● Optimize campaign spending strategy by making forward-thinking recommendations.
● Reviewed client’s weekly financial reporting and monitor City, State and Federal finance compliance.
● Manage all banking reconciliation to the general ledger and balance sheets.
● Update and counsel Chief of Staff on all accounting policies and procedures.
● Trained all campaign staff and volunteers for various actions (i.e GOTV, canvassing, petitions and fundraising).
● Manage day-to-day effectiveness of different campaigns/programs operations,finance, and human resources functions.
MIRRAM GROUP/HAMILTON CAMPAIGNS LLC, NEW YORK, NY, January 2016 to December 2018 DIRECTOR OF COMPLIANCE AND FINANCE
● Managed office operations and compliance.
● Coordinate day-to-day finance operations, liaising with our outsourced accounting firm; this included processing deposits, payables, reimbursements, invoicing,and banking reconciliation
● Managed campaign development and supported human resources objectives.
● Partnered with CFO to conduct all quarterly and year to end-closing statements, legal compliance, budget development and due sales tax processing.
● Responsible for managing all consultant’s accounts in processing annual 1099/1096 forms.
● Reviewed client’s financial records to ensure that federal, state and local financial legal policies are in compliance.
● Handled all lobbying compliance activities for various non-profits, unions, and private organizations.
● Prepared payroll for different campaigns and administer employee benefits.
● Mentored and coach staff to maintain accuracy, performance, and motivation.
● Analyzed and prepared data in order to inform top management on financial sustainability goals.
● Media-buy placement.
MIRRAM GROUP LLC, NEW YORK, NY, January 2011 to December 2015 OFFICER OF COMPLIANCE AND ACCOUNTING
● Team up with CFO and key members of the management team to make financial decisions.
● Executed all budgeting, financial forecasting, cash flow and coordination of audit activities as well as A/P & A/R.
● Managed intercompany transactions for 6 entities.
● Maintaining all lobbyist registrations using various sources and tracking systems.
● Responsible for creating accurate details transactions reporting for all management and stakeholder meetings on a regular basis.
● Created and adopted new accounting policies to improve checks and balances in the accounting department to improve GAAP requirements.
● Provided support to successfully launch various fundraising events to meet several campaign funding targets. MIRRAM GROUP LLC, NEW YORK, NY, April 2006 to December 2010 BOOKKEEPER /FINANCE MANAGER
● Executed various administrative functions: bank reconciliation, petty cash management, AR/AP FABIOLA PORTILLO Page 2
● Assisted with payroll and general office liabilities insurance and employee benefits.
● Assistant to the CFO and Managing Partners.
● Liaised with Clients and Vendors.
● Pay vendors invoices and track bank account balances.
● Monitor office expenses and tally and enter cash receipts
● Coordinate bank deposits and report financial results on a regular basis to management. UNIWORLD GROUP INC., NEW YORK, NY, December 2000 to February 2006 HELP DESK TECHNICIAN/SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR
● Point of contact for serving as an escalation for technical issues for 250+ employees.
● Diagnosed and solved technical issues using an array of diagnostic tools.
● Configured a wide range of hardware, devices, and software to set up work stations for employees.
● Patched software and install new programs to eliminate security problems and protect data. EDUCATION AND CREDENTIALS
B.A. in Business Administration 2020
Capella University, Minneapolis, MN
Excel Master Certification
Mastering QuickBooks Certification 2008
Real World Training,Waltham, MA
Joint Commission On Public Ethics (JCOPE) and NYC Clerk New York, NY
NYSBoard of Elections (BOE), and NYC Campaign Finance Training Albany,NY
Windows, Mac OS, Google Suite, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft Office Suite, QuickBooks desktop/online, Adobe Acrobat,Concur, expenses/travel and bambooHR.
HOPE WORLDWIDE NON-PROFIT VOLUNTEER, April 2004 – July 2017
● Participated in Medical Brigades serving low-income communities in Honduras where medical, dental, and educational services were provided.
● Led a group of fifty volunteers, handling logistics and planning.
● Provided educational materials to disadvantaged families in NY and MA on smoke and fire prevention. MEALS AND SERVICE IN HARLEM, FOOD BANK NEW YORK CITY,2014-2015
● Served local communities by volunteering in food pantries and homeless shelters. NORTHERN MANHATTAN ARTS ALLIANCE NON-PROFIT (NOMA), 2014-2017
● Help organize meal preparation and delegate duties to volunteer.
● Manage the cleaning of various mismanage accounts leading to multiple accounting discrepancies.
● Trained bookkeeper to understand and manage all accounting activities.
● Oversee NOMA’s financial transactions to support the preparation and carrying out of activities required for closing at the closing of each month.
Available upon request