Phone: 916-***-**** Email: email@example.com
Objective:To obtain a valued job in government that utilizes the skills I have developed at U.C. Santa Cruz. Education: Graduation Date: June 2020
The University of California, Santa Cruz
B.A. in Politics, emphasis in Comparative Politics B.A. in Legal Studies
Overall GPA: 3.63
Politics in the American States Issues in Constitutional Law Legal Theory Latin American Politics Law and Social Issues Women and the Law Privacy, Technology, and Freedom Interest Groups and Political Organizations California Water Law Comparative Law Early Modern Political Thought International Law Leadership and Work Experience:
Politics Writing Tutor Sep. 2019 - Mar. 2020
● Tutored politics students at UC Santa Cruz in international law and Latin American Politics.
● Conducted weekly meetings, and facilitated individual and group activities. Student Lot Maintenance Worker Oct. 2017- Mar. 2020
● Worked independently and as a team to maintain parking lots and bus stops at UC Santa Cruz.
● Operated equipment such as trucks, leaf blowers, lawn mowers, and performed other duties.
● Reference: George McCombie, UCSC TAPS, #: 831-***-****; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Staples Tech Associate Jul. 2018 - Mar. 2020
● Worked as a tech associate and was responsible for selling printers and computers, repairing cell phones, and performing important customer service duties.
● Reference: Nancy Alcantara, Staples General Manager, #: 831-***-**** Legislative Advocate Oct. 2018- May 2019
● Lobbied state and federal legislators, helped write information briefs for staff, and advocated on behalf of the UC Student Association for better higher education policy.
● Drove myself and members of UCSC Lobby Corps to Sacramento for committee hearings.
● Helped conduct weekly Lobby Corps meetings, where we developed our advocacy agenda. Oakes College Mentor Sep. 2017 - Jan. 2018
● Enrolled in a leadership course about connecting and mentoring incoming college freshmen.
● Mentored and advised two college freshmen during their first quarter at UC Santa Cruz. Student Life and University Guide Sep. 2016 - Sep. 2018
● Conducted campus tours for prospective UC Santa Cruz students, giving them interesting and accurate information about the various majors and opportunities available at the university.
● Mentored and trained new tour guides, helping them with their memorization, organization, and communication.
● Reference: Susan Burrowes, UCSC Admissions Campus Visits Director, #: 831-***-**** Other Experience:
Internship with Santa Cruz County Supervisor Ryan Coonerty Jun. 2019 - Dec. 2019
● Conducted research for UCSC professor and Santa Cruz County Supervisor Ryan Coonerty
● Researched impacts of changing and developing communities, as well as helping with his podcast.