LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/virginia-goode-44579017a Detail-attentive graduate with experience in sales and marketing to be effective in any position that adheres to client relations . Exceptional customer service, leadership, and organizational skills while working in fast paced environments. Successfully able to collaborate with colleagues and demonstrate professional oral and written communication skills. Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Creative Suite.
Old Dominion University - Bachelors of Fine Arts in Drawing and Design/Marketing Awards: Merit Based Scholarship, Dean’s List-College of Arts and Letters Professional Experience
Recreation and Wellness Department August 2018-May 2019 Old Dominion University
Graphic Design and Marketing Specialist
• Redesign previous documents
• Innovate new designs to express ODU’s brand image
• Developed and coordinated tasks with marketing team members to create visual content for clients.
• Utilize InDesign and Illustrator Software to create a 16 page report demonstrating ODU’s Health and Wellness mission and objectives for 2017 to 2018. Housing and Residence Life August 2016-April 2018
Old Dominion University
Night Desk Shift Leader
• Problem-solve crisis situations to maintain a calm and productive environment.
• Ensure the safety of residents.
• Indirectly supervised over 300 residents in the community demonstrating proficiency in conflict management: crisis aversion.
Hampton City Public Schools
Substitute Instructor May 2018-May 2019
• Incorporate management strategies to lead a class of 20-35 students.
• Guide students through scheduled plans and tend to their physical needs to result in positive academic performance.
• Apply advanced teaching capabilities in all subject areas for improved Standards of Learning. Practical Applications
Tidewater Classic Guitar
• Conduct marketing research/analysis, to address the client’s request for a set of recommendations to better promote Tidewater Classical Guitar (TCG).
• Collaborate with team members to develop a formal assessment of the current web environment and provide suggestions for marketing enhancements which support TCG’s mission to advance interest in, the classical guitar and related instruments through community outreach, education, master classes, and performances.
• Develop public relations options for TCG, web presence improvement, individual and corporate donations promotion, stakeholder relationship-building support and loyalty maintenance, and publicity, branding, and organization reputation optimization. Leadership
Leadership Team Development
April 2017 - Current
• Attend entrepreneurship and professional development conferences quarterly every year. Keynote Speakers: John C. Maxwell, Frank Beamer, Inky Johnson, Terri Savelle Foy, Larry Winters.
• Receive interpersonal skills training based on Dale Carnegie principles.
• Learn the basics of promotion and advertising using social media platforms such as Instagram, and Facebook.
• Establish valuable, life-long business partnerships to make a positive global impact.
• With proper coaching generated an estimated $10,000 of revenue through an online business platform.