DONALD M. WOODS
Fort Walton Beach
Executive Summary: Proven Program Management and Operations professional with over 15 years of experience in P&L accountability and budgeting, multifunctional team building, FAA/DoD regulatory compliance, contract negotiations, and quality and process improvement. Knowledgeable in the aspects of Aircraft Depot Level Maintenance Operations, Time Compliance Technical Order (TCTO) implementation, Component Maintenance, Continuous Improvement Methods/Process Change, and Risk Management.
Highlights of Qualifications
Product Life Cycle Management Quality and Process Improvement
New Business Capture - Lead-Managed Winning Proposals
Contract Negotiations Commercial/Government
Supply Chain Management
Program Manager Advanced Composites and Fuel Systems Meggitt Airframe Systems (06/ 2019-Present)
-Provides integrated management of constituent projects and other resources to achieve the program -Critical Success Factors (CSFs) and business case objectives.
-Provides leadership, coordination and direction to the integrated program team and facilitates stakeholder engagement.
-Responsible for managing the program scope, risks, opportunities, schedule and budget adherence for C-130, V-22, and AH-64 crash worthy fuel systems.
-Developed and manage key customer communications to ensure all technical requirements are met. - --- -Created strategic business model outlining organizational tactics needed to secure more funding in the aviation market sector
Program Manager Avalex Technologies (2018-2019)
- Leads engineering project teams to ensure proper communication and clear definition of program roles, responsibilities, and deadlines
- Identify and capture follow-on business opportunities
- Organize and oversee milestone events both internal and external to ensure all milestones are met
- Track project progress, provide weekly status of assigned projects and support monthly program management reviews
- Facilitate the timely completion and delivery of contract deliverable products
- Develops statements of work (SOW), requests for proposal (RFP) for internal and external customers
- Manage program portfolio generating revenue greater > 10 million dollars
Manager 1 Technical Programs BAE Systems (2016-2018)
- Responsible for program management and execution of modifications and upgrades to combat radar systems
- Provides financial status updates to executive leadership to facilitate monthly program reviews
- Maintain program delivery within specific timeframe required by government
- Manage field modification teams deployed to various sites working on multiple programs
- Develops statements of work (SOW), requests for proposal (RFP) to assist business development activities
- Direct program integrated production team (IPT) meetings all programs to ensure proper execution and mitigate risk
Programs /Operations Director Certified Manufacturing LLC (2014-2016)
- Guided departments in designing, developing, and execution of projects to support annual sales plan.
- Directed Program Management/Operations teams to deliver assigned programs – Developed group and individual timelines, assessed/identified/resolved potential bottlenecks in each project/program process.
- Directed the recruitment process of key employees and the selection of consultants and outsource-vendors.
- Developed and initiated internal processes to improve program delivery within specific timeframes, increasing monthly revenue average over 46%.
- Used resources management techniques to define requirements for completion of a project by allocating resources accordingly.
- Assisted the engineers in documenting the project designs and making changes as per needs.
- Ensured that all programs were executed within established time period and complied with the defined Earned Value Management standards.
Program Manager Enterprise Electronics LLC (2012-2014)
- Team Lead for support of Radar Systems; providing technical leadership in the completion of multiple contracts.
- Oversees the development of proposals, bids, quotations, or other documents describing the products and services in response to requests from prospective clients
- Responsible for all schedules, budgets, monthly reports and technical data in support of project completion.
- Develop, produce, test, acquire, field, sustain and modernize existing radar systems and capabilities
- Planned and scheduled production activities and supervised the production process
- Determined and implemented improvements to the production process increasing efficiency
- Ensured the effective management of production lines, supervising product standards and enforcing quality-control programs.
Product Line Manager VT Miltope (2010-2012)
- Responsible for ensuring end item deliverable design supports communication management, application management services, and aircraft avionics for CH-47F platform.
- Directly responsible for the design of the second generation network management systems, providing network management, control, monitoring, and diagnostics services.
- Manager accountable for the Profit and Loss (P&L) for all airborne systems commercial and military.
- Conducted quality inspections ensuring compliance with current AS9100/AS9110 standards
- Performed risk assessment and analyses using relevant customer, supplier performance and government data to assign risk ratings
- Managed external partner quality assurance, including reviewing and monitoring subcontractor performance ensuring quality criteria standards are met
- Developed and implemented quality assurance programs by identifying, proofing, measuring and analyzing processes to assure compliance with contractual obligations
Program Manager Aircraft Modification L-3 Communications (2007-2010)
- Program Manager responsible for every aspect of the LAIRCM program at L-3 Communications Crestview Aerospace. Over $100 million in company business acquired through this program.
- Furnished Single-Point-of Contact Technical Expertise and Guidance to senior staff members and to all Aviation Maintenance Activities, with emphasis on funds forecasting and resource planning.
- Sole manager directly responsible for Production Costs, Schedules and Budgets, Processes, Modification Hours, Parts and Hardware purchasing, and Status Reports. Final approval for all integration issues dealing with the end customers.
- Perform the tasks of managing, leading, and pricing proposals from RFP release through program inception
- Analyze and evaluate aircraft and associated equipment proposals through the review of technical data and procedures, reports, drawings, and other required publications.
- Coordinate with project managers, business development professionals, engineers, and other team members to develop winning proposals
United States Air Force (2000-2007)
Aircraft Weapons Standardization
Computer skills: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Project, SAP
Education: Bachelor of Science
Colorado Technical University
Other skills: Completed certification training in Earned Value Measurement
Completed TECMEN Project Management Professional certificate
Value Stream Mapping