St Vincent street, Chittilappilly angadi
Kuriachira PO, Thrissur
Kerala, India – 680 006 Email: email@example.com
Nursing RN with 5+ years of experience providing quality care to a wide variety of patients. Possesses a Master's qualification in Nursing and currently working as infection control nurse . Aiming to leverage my experience and knowledge to effectively fill the nursing position at your hospital.
JUBILEE MISSION MEDICAL COLLEGE & RESEARCH INSTITUTE
(JMMC & RI) THRISSUR, KERALA- INDIA
Infection Control Nurse:
Full time registered nurse (48 hours per week) in the Infection control department of 1600 bedded hospital from February 2016 – Present.
• Analyse, design, and Implement measures to keep hospital infections under control.
• Collaborate with other health care professionals and service providers to ensure optimal patient care.
• Observe, interview, and assess patients to identify care needs.
• Monitoring of day to day infection control activities and ensuring audit compliance.
• Design and implement Manuals and Trackers.
• Coordinate or conduct educational programs or in-service training sessions for health care workers to empower them and work as self driven team for infection control.
• Data collection on quality indicators for prevention of hospital acquired infections.
• Identify infection outbreak and source determination.
• Coordination of biomedical waste management, segregation and disposal.
• Collection, culturing and evaluation of environmental samples.
• Discussion with microbiologist and implementation of preservative measures.
• Vaccination and analysis of statistical and surveillance data especially WHONET analysis(Surveillance of Antimicrobial Susceptibility), Global PPS
(Antimicrobial consumption and resistance)
Experience in Training:
• Conducted periodical trainings for staff nurses and medical practitioners on infection control policies and working as a Resource person in the CNE Workshop on
“Knowledge, skill development (HIC) and in “Management of intensive care units” for staff nurses at Jubilee Mission Medical college & Research Institute, Thrissur.
• Conducted demonstrations on various infection control practices.
• Organized monthly Hospital Infection Control meetings and presented statistical data of antibiogram sensitivity.
• Actively participated in team work for SAFE I and NABH accreditation. LISIE HOSPITAL KOCHI, KERALA
Full time registered staff nurse (48 hours per week) in the urology, cardiology and post- operative care units of 1000 bedded, NABH accredited hospital from 5th April 2010 – 5th April 2011. Responsibilities:
Consult and coordinate with healthcare team members to assess, plan, implement, or evaluate patient care plans.
Planned and coordinated care for critically ill patients as per hospital policies and protocols.
Managed confidential patient records.
Maintain accurate, detailed reports and records.
Developed individual patient care systems that look after patient’s physical, mental and social needs.
Assess the medical history of patients and their record details, evaluating and prioritizing their treatment.
Record patients' medical information and vital signs. Administered medications and admission and discharge procedures.
Monitor, record, and report symptoms or changes in patients' conditions.
Direct or supervise less-skilled nursing or health care personnel or supervise a particular unit.
Prepare patients for and assist with examinations or treatments.
Instruct individuals, families, or other groups on topics such as health education, disease prevention, or childbirth and develop health improvement programs. Experience in Training:
• Conducted clinical teachings, nursing rounds and bedside clinics to staff nurses and nursing students.
• Conducted demonstrations and teaching practices for BSc and Post basic nursing students.
• Organized workshops for the staff nurses and nursing students on providing quality care for patients and to keep up with the developments in nursing. Professional Qualification
LISIE MEDICAL AND EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTION (LISIE COLLEGE OF NURSING) KOCHI, KERALA
•Institution approved by The M.G. University, Kochi and completed Bachelor of Science in Nursing in the year 2005-2010
SVS COLLEGE OF NURSING, MAHABUBNAGAR, ANDHRA PRADESH
•Institution approved by Dr. N.T.R University of Health Sciences, Vijayawada. Studies have included specialization in Child Health Nursing(Msc.Nursing ) 2012 - 2015 AMRITHA INSTITUTE OF MEDICAL SCIENCES, KOCHI. KERALA
•Institution approved by Amritha Institute of Medical sciences and research centre, Kochi, Kerala.
Study has included specialization in Infection control nursing certification programme in 2016
•Computer skills: • Proficient in use of MS Word, Excel and Power Point
•Proficient in use of WHONET analysis(Surveillance of Antimicrobial Susceptibility), Global PPS (Antimicrobial consumption and resistance) and statistical analysis.
•Organizational skill, multitasking, teaching, public speaking, leadership,auditing Credentials and Licenses
•RN Kerala Nurses and Midwife Council Reg. No. 49769 (BSc Nursing and Additional course other state- Msc Nursing)
•RN Andhra Pradesh Nurses and Midwife Council – Additional qualification MSc Nursing: Reg. No. RN is 157513, RM is 157066
ISA (Indian Society of Anaesthesiology) Resuscitation Council’s COLS (Compression Only Life Support) course
American Heart Association’s BLS & ACLS provider course.
Amritha Institute of Medical sciences and research centre’s Infection control nursing certification programme.
• Life member of TNAI (Trained Nurses Association of India) from the year of 2010. Research Experience
• Did Thesis on “Effectiveness of breast feeding on level of pain among term neonates during heel prick during M.Sc. nursing course.
Conferences & workshops
•Resource person in the CNE Workshop on “Knowledge, skill development (HIC)” conducted on 25-26
February 2019 (credit hours: 13 hours by KNMC) and on 24,-25 th
May 2019 (credit hours: 12 hours by KNMC) at Jubilee Mission Medical college & Research Institute, Thrissur.
• Resource person in the CNE Workshop on “Management of intensive care units and HIC” conducted on 20
March 2018 (credit hours: 35 hours by
KNMC) at Jubilee Mission Medical college & Research Institute, Thrissur.
•Organizer and resource person in the CNE Workshop on “Safe transfusion practices” on 16 June 2017 at Jubilee Mission Medical college & Research Institute, Thrissur (credit hours: 6 hours).
•Organizer and panelist in the Workshop on “quality assurance in nursing” at St.James college of nursing, Chalakudy on 18
Participated in various International, National & State level Conferences, workshops & seminars.
At International level:
•International seminar series 2018 on “Dimensions of nursing education in India- A multi-disciplinary exploration” at JMMC & RI, Thrissur by Jubilee mission college of nursing in colloboration with Christ Church University Canterbury, UK ( credit hours of 8 hours awarded by awarded by KNMC) on 12
& 13th March 2018.
International conference on Emerging innovative Teaching strategies in nursing, on 17
March 2018 at JMMC & RI, Thrissur by Jubilee Mission College of nursing in colloboration with Trained Nurses Association of India and Christ Church University Canterbury, UK. ( credit hours of 7 hours awarded by Kerala nurses and midwives council)
•International workshop on “Essentials in nursing education: present and future”on 12 th
April 2016 at JMMC & RI, Thrissur by Jubilee Mission College of nursing in colloboration with Trained Nurses Association of India and Christ Church University Canterbury, UK. ( credit hours of 5 hours awarded by Kerala nurses and midwives council)
•International workshop on “Developing Essential Skills in the care of Acutely ill patients ” on 16
March 2017 at JMMC & RI, Thrissur by Jubilee Mission College of nursing in colloboration with Trained Nurses Association of India and Christ Church University Canterbury, UK. ( credit hours of 7 hours awarded by Kerala nurses and midwives council)
•International seminar on “Emerging possibilities in Gerontology conducted at Lisie College of nursing, Ernakulam in colloboration with Institute of Social Gerontolgy and Research on 03
At National level: • National workshop on Infant and Young child nutrition programme
– organized by TNAI, UNICEF and Indian academy of Pediatrics and National rural health mission at IMA house Cochin on 29
At State level:
• CME and workshop on “ INFOCON 2020- Infection control and Antibiotic stewardship” at Rajagiri hospital, Ernakulam on 16 th
-18th January 2020( credit hours of
15 hours awarded by Kerala nurses and midwives council)
• Workshop on “Significance of research tool in practice” at Sanjoe College of nursing, Pulluvazhy on 2
• Workshop on “Nursing Informatics” at Government College of nursing, Kozhikode on 14
•Conference on “Application of nursing theories in nursing practice and research” by Tiruvalla medical mission College of nursing, at Tiruvalla on 12 th
Awards and Honors
• Awarded the Best poster presentation (1st Prize) on “Effect of hand hygiene compliance on infections by Multi drug resistant organisms” during the 1st International conference on Emerging innovative Teaching strategies in nursing, on 17 th
March 2018 conducted by Jubilee Mission College of nursing Thrissur in colloboration with Trained Nurses Association of India and Christ Church University Canterbury, UK.
• Published an article (as one of the contributing authors ) on “Magnitude and profile of occupational exposures to blood and body fluids among health care workers: A study from a tertiary care teaching hospital” in the Journal of Patient Safety & infection control (official publication of hospital infection society India) Extracurricular activities and Interests
•Competed in regular and won prizes in Youth festivals- dance, sports
•Languages known: English and Malayalam
•Love to cook, read books and travel.
•Contact details available on request