RUSS L. THORGERSON
INSIDE SALES COORDINATOR and ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT PROFESSIONAL Experienced, effective, and enthusiastic sales asset for specialized manufactured products. Prepared to expertly deliver the following benefits from Day 1:
Thoroughly study and comprehend all aspects of products’ usefulness, features, nomenclature, competitive advantage, and solution-oriented qualities to present their advantages knowledgeably, persuasively, and eagerly.
Interact and engage with all customers, prospective patrons, colleagues, management, and each stakeholder in a respectful, amenable, productive, and focused manner.
Provide a superior and satisfying sales experience for existing customers, to continuously expand the client base, to penetrate ever deeper into market share, and to become a key revenue growth contributor.
Dependable, focused, driven, and resourceful sales expert able to comprehensively manage client accounts with care and efficiency. Goal is always to generate solutions for customers immediately my “one-call” resolution policy. Specific sales and account management competencies include:
• Relationship building / cultivation
• Identification of prospective customers
• Cold calling and warm introductions
• Customer needs assessment
• Address customer questions / needs
• Up-selling and solution selling
• Negotiations and deal closings
• Lead time / stocking level knowledge
• Product consultation
• Pricing structure / quote generation
• Contract, order, and warranty terms
• Distribution / logistics knowledge
• Market condition monitoring and
• Sales, budget, stock, and expense
• MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Oracle
(Intervened in acute one-time only family situation from March 2014 until recently that required significant time, involvement, and attention. Conditions have reached closure, allowing for re- engagement with full time employment.)
Inside Sales Coordinator and Branch Safety Manager December 1995–March 2014 Polymershapes • Manchester, NH
(Plastic materials / fabrications producer with 70 branches nationwide. Manchester unit revenue $6.1M per yr.)
• Hired to maintain and expand business accounts across NH, ME, and VT territory. Effectively achieved objective, resulting from use of own inbound outcall program, continuously addressing existing customers’ requirements, and building strong referral network.
• Advised clients, purchase agents, and engineers regarding product uses and potential benefits.
• Instituted program to keep employees current with OSHA requirements.
• Sustained many $1M+ accounts; exceed target sales goals for 17 consecutive years; and successfully landed and retained several large accounts, including order for large medical testing manufacturer at $250K per year.
Service Advisor and Office Manager June 1987–December 1995 Candia Road Automotive • Manchester, NH
• Led business operations and supervised employees for auto maintenance and repair facility.
• Boosted business and profits over tenure. Accomplished from service line expansion and other efficiencies, leading to 25% growth over first 2 years and $9K revenue per week.