In the capacity of Occupational Health and Safety professional. I foresee myself as an effective contributor to an organization in its endeavor to safety and success. I am well organized, embrace new challenges with great enthusiasm and add exceptional value to an organization to increase productivity by keeping updated with trends and values through knowledge acquisition, people skills and hard work.
Occupational Health and Safety certificate University of Alberta May 2019 Health and Safety Administrator, Alberta construction Safety Association Nov 2018 National Construction Safety Officer (NCSO) Designation Aug 2017 B.Sc. (Hons) Geological Engineering. July 2011
EMPLOYMENT AND WORK EXPERIENCES
UNITED SAFETY LTD Alberta Canada
Date of Employment: MAY 2017 till present.
Job Title: Health and Safety Advisor
• Maintain the conditions and requirements of support and resource to all site managers, supervisors, contractors and workers.
• Ensure that all incidents are reported immediately.
• Participate and assist supervisors, and safety advisors in the investigation of incidents to determine root cause, and corrective actions where necessary.
• Ensure incident corrective actions are followed up on and completed.
• Ensure injured workers are offered modified duties and documentation has been completed. Monitor and follow up on modified workers in the field.
• Ensure safety advisors are verifying field staff training and competencies; consult the project management team and safety coordinator for compliance.
• Keep flammable materials from ignition sources. In the event of fire, extinguish it immediately or turn a fire alarm on. Maintain constant means of communication by keeping visual and voice contact with other employees.
Most recent turnarounds and projects I handled on-behalf of United Safety Ltd, and details:
• CNRL Horizon Canada, Fort MacKay AB, 2017. Position held: Safety Foreman. Duration of project: Over a month. Duties; I was responsible for supervision of a team of over 15 safety watches, inspection of high-pressure breathing air systems, coordination of various activities at the SUG plants; 41, 42, 43, and 46.
• Devon Energy Canada, Conklin AB, 2018 and 2017. Position held: Foreman. Duration of project: 7months. Duties: Equipment inspections, pad safety watch, Supervision of various teams and contractors, driving of company vehicles on site, incident reports and investigations. Was recognized by Devon team of coordinators for outstanding performance during the last turnaround in J-3.
• MEG ENERGY, Conklin AB. 2019. Position held: Safety Foreman. Duration of project: 5 months. Duties: SCBA, SABA, Air carts and breathing air equipment inspections and verifications, breathing air technician, Supervision of various teams and contractors, driving of company vehicles on site, incident reports and investigations, coordination of safety meetings. I played major role during the two turnarounds at Shell last year (2016) ensuring that no worker was cut off air and that all breathing air systems, air-flow, air-treq, SCBA, SABA, air lines, air trailers and carts were thoroughly inspected, and documents completed.
FedEx Express, Edmonton International Airport (EIA) Date of employment: February 2016 till April 2017
Job Title: Safety representative/ Ramp Handler
• Guiding and receiving aircraft during landing and takeoff.
• Providing direction for ground crew during daily operation.
• Loading and offloading cargo to and from aircraft.
• Operating all ramp vehicles within and outside ramp.
• Escorting Technicians for aerodrome maintenance and other ramp activities.
• Overseeing aircraft fueling and general checkup after landing and before take-off. TetraTech EBA.
Date of employment: July 2015 till January 2016
Job Tittle: Health and Safety Representative
• Maintained HSE records and statistics including the training database.
• Facilitated implementation of HSE Management System across all TetraTech’s field projects.
• Conducted safety and environmental audits, provided audit recommendations, and assisted in the development of corrective action plans.
• Carried out workplace inspections, work observations, Field Level Hazard Analysis and risk assessments while ensuring the best control measures are implemented.
• Maintained the incident reporting and investigation log as required.
• Attended and sometimes coordinated HSE meetings while taking minutes for distribution as required.
• Conducted incident and near miss investigation, root cause analysis and implemented the organizational learning from incident program.
• Delivering health and safety training for all field and operation staff from HSE induction to emergency response training.
• Excellent communication skills-fluent in English language.
• Staff training and development
• Full clean Class 5 driving license + the ability to work across multiple sites
• Understanding technical policies, manuals, and blueprints. Hobbies and Interests
I enjoy reading, cooking, biking, camping, and spending time with family and friends Certifications and Qualifications, (all valid);
References available upon request.
1. Standard First Aid & CPR Egso
H2S Alive ProServe Certification
OSSA Confined Space Entry and Monitor Asbestos Awareness OSSA Fire Watch QHSE Orientation
TDG Respiratory Protection
WHMIS Fatigue Management
CSTS—09 Benzene Awareness
Bear Awareness Fall Protection
Gas Detection Norm Awareness
MEG Energy Orientation NVCI/CPI
NCSO /HSA Agrium Canada Orientation
Red Pass- Airport Security clearance Ramp Handler Certified.