firstname.lastname@example.org / 267-***-****
Detail-oriented and self-motivated accounting professional with extensive experience in various areas of accounting. Education
BS in Accounting, Bloomsburg University, Bloomsburg, PA (May 1999 Graduate) Computer Application Development Certificate, Bucks County Community College, Newtown PA (Aug 2002)
(Courses taken: Visual Basic Programming, Programming in C++, Database Management, Windows/DOS Concepts, Current Computing Issues, Systems Analysis and Network Administration) Employment
Senior Accountant, Complete Healthcare Resources, Dresher, PA (July 2017 - November 2019)
• Prepare monthly closing entries and financial reporting packages for 4 nursing home facilities.
• Perform P&L variance analysis (budget vs actual and prior month to current month) and resolve/explain variances.
• Reconcile several bank/investment accounts and maintain balance sheet account reconciliations and other workpapers required for audits.
• Prepare annual budgets for 4 nursing home facilities.
• Assist auditors with annual audits for each facility.
• Responsible for maintaining fixed asset ledgers in FAS for each nursing home facility.
• Prepare Medicaid and Medicare cost reports and HUD reimbursements reports.
• Hold weekly cash calls with nursing home facility maintaining their cash position and managing their cash flows. Accounting Consultant, PA Council of Chief Juvenile Probation Officers, Doylestown, PA (June 2007 – present)
(This is a part-time/seasonal job.)
• Close the books at fiscal year-end for non-profit organization.
• Create and maintain financial spreadsheets for various grants.
• Provide support to bookkeeper for accounting issues.
• Prepare quarterly Treasurer's Reports.
• Review records and make necessary corrections in Quickbooks.
• Maintain fixed asset additions, disposals and depreciation.
• Update 1099 information and print 1099's at year-end.
• Assist auditors with annual audit.
Accountant, Stern and Eisenberg, Warrington, PA (June 2015 – July 2017)
• Close the books and prepare month-end reporting package (Bal Sheet, Cash Flow and Income Statement).
• Maintain general and cash ledgers (journal entries, accruals).
• Reconcile several bank accounts, account & intercompany reconciliations and P&L variance analysis.
• Handle general billing for non-foreclosure cases.
• Deposit checks into bank software & handle transfers, outgoing wires, stop payments.
• Prepare daily, weekly and monthly reports for management.
• Assist auditor with quarterly reviews.
• Organized processes and procedures to reduce month end close from 10 to 5 days. Suzanne Saharic / 3 Bluebell Court / Newtown, PA 18940 email@example.com / 267-***-****
Accountant, County of Bucks Controller's Office, Doylestown, PA (Oct 2006 – Oct 2014)
• Managed the switchover from Webstation (old mainframe system) to Lawson ERP system.
• Collaborated with Lawson consultant to set up some aspects of the Lawson system specific to the county and tested various financial modules in Lawson prior to going live and when new updates were released.
• Trained all county departments on how to use the Lawson system (financial portion) and assisted with questions after going live.
• Created the training manual for the financial portion of Lawson.
• Performed account reconciliations, fund analyses and bank reconciliations.
• Maintained the county's general ledger utilizing fund accounting.
• Reviewed daily Treasurer's Report.
• Closed the County's books monthly.
• Participated in preparing the county's comprehensive annual financial report (CAFR).
• Assisted the auditors with the County's annual audit. Auditor, County of Bucks Controller's Office, Doylestown, PA (Feb 2001 – Oct 2006)
• Conducted audits of district courts, tax collectors, row offices and county departments.
• Tested internal controls, cash, receipts, disbursements, financial statements and compliance to laws.
• Reported findings and suggested recommendations and procedural/operational improvements.
• Analyzed and interpreted results of graphs and prior trends.
• Organized, compiled and labeled audit workpapers.
• Prepared audit reports.
• Provided assistance to auditees to resolve problems.
• Performed grant reviews (state and federally funded).
• Reviewed bank reconciliations for a county department on a monthly basis.
• Worked on special projects that arose.
Staff Accountant, Direct Group, Trenton, NJ (Sept 1999 - Feb 2001) Software
• Microsoft Dynamics AX
• Microsoft Dynamics SL
• Sage Fixed Asset system
• Microsoft Office Suite (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
• Lawson ERP system
• Case Aware, Practice Master, TABS Accounting software and Firstrust Bank & Key Bank software
• Wells Fargo and PNC Bank software