Kevin M. Collard
Sterling Heights, MI 48314 email@example.com
I have Worked in the radio industry for over 30 years. SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; able to design slideshows and presentations
• Organized and punctual; very reliable, dependable and hard-working
• Results-oriented; able to multi-task and be resourceful to provide creative resolutions
• Works well as a team player or independently; able to promote team collaboration towards a common goal
• Currently Hosts two podcasts: A soul encountered(Christian life stories), You’re not funny, smart or cute.(Humorous news)
• knowledge of audio editing, sales/promotions, radio programming/production
• Proficient skills using Microsoft Word/Excel/Powerpoint, Prodigy, PhotoShop, Movie Director Software, Gold Wave (audio editing program), and Audicy (audio editing program),
Morning show Producer and Reporter 2018 to 2019
WOMC Radio 104.3 FM
• Research conversational stories
• Reports from around town
• Music interviews
• Edit and archive audio material
Music Director and morning show host 2016 to 2017
Proclaim FM 102.3
• Provide insight and recommendations for ways to increase audience growth
• Assist Radio Hosts with finding a solid direction to ensure success
• Analyze Music and provide constructive feedback to help develop topics and programs
• hosted A Soul Encountered, a bi-weekly broadcast featuring relevant issues and guests related to a Christian worldview Talk Show Producer & Co-host 2010-2016
• Improved AQH from 22,000 to 74,000 for our afternoon drive timeslot
• Producer of the “Paul Edwards show”
• Frequent guest on issues regarding Christian music history Executive Producer 1992 to 2009
Executive Producer for radio personalities Frank Beckmann(Political), David Newman(Political), Ken Calvert(Personality/Entertainment), Paul W. Smith(Political), Kevin Joyce(Political), Mitch Albom(Sports), Geoff Fieger(Legal), Ronna Romney(Political), Mike Whorf(Radio history).
• Responsible for the successful completion of three hours of broadcast time per day
• Worked with Radio Hosts to decide on topics for discussions with guests
• Researched breaking news stories on a daily basis that were interesting to listeners and track down guests involved in the story
• Responsible for editing audio to allow for fluid program flow
• Established rapport and professional relationships with radio personalities and high profile guests
• Managed the pacing of the show to maintain listener interest and ensure topics remained fresh
• Traveled to Toronto (Canada), Frankfurt (Germany) Tokyo(Japan) and Beijing (China) along with several American cities on behalf of WJR for various radio remote programs.
Assistant Program Director 1986 to 1992
WWCM Christian Radio Ypsilanti,Michigan
Held many job titles for WWCM including Music Director, Talk Show Producer for daily program called “Love talks with Foster Braun”, Promotions Coordinator and on air personality.
EDUCATION AND COURSES
H.S. Diploma 1985
Waterford Kettering High School Waterford, Michigan Degree, Radio & Television 1986
Specs Howard School of Media broadcasting Southfield, Michigan ACCOLADES AND HONORS
• "I called him Mr. Gets, on any given day I could speak with anybody in the world thanks to Kevin, his integrity and work ethic are unsurpassed"David Newman, #1 Rated talk show host(retired), WJR-Detroit
• "He's the best at what he does"Frank Beckmann, Radio Host, WJR-Detroit
• "Kevin understands the value of excellence in all he does. A true broadcasting professional. "Jack Hickey, Station Manager, WWCM-Ann Arbor
• "He's organized and systematic like a roll-o-dex, and friendly like a favorite uncle. A genuine caring good guy!"John Boshoven, Former Morning radio Host, WWCM-Ann Arbor
• "Kevin has the three essential tools for an all star producer: a killer black book, unrivaled creativity and pit bull tenacity."Foster Braun, Radio Host of “Internet Advisor” on WJR Radio Honors:
• Best Radio Documentary-Major Market, Michigan Association of Broadcasters, Beijing, China, 1997. WJR's Focus program originated from Beijing, China and the potential growth of the Auto Industry in Asia.
• Best Morning Team - Major Market, Michigan Association of Broadcasters, Detroit, Michigan, 1997. The Paul W. Smith show included broadcasting Live from the Frankfurt, Germany Auto show, the Tokyo Motor Show, and Beijing, China American automakers headquarters
• Merit Award, Michigan Association of Broadcasters, Detroit, Michigan, 1999. The David Newman Show received a Merit Award for our coverage at the Detroit Regional Chambers gathering on Mackinac Island.
• Best Personality - Major Market, Michigan Association of Broadcasters, Detroit, Michigan, 2003 to 2010. The Frank Beckmann show included The L.A. Auto Show, The Consumers Electronics show in Las Vegas, the New York Auto Show, and the Detroit and Lansing Political scenes.
• Best Special Interest Program, Michigan Association of Broadcasters, Detroit, Michigan, 1995 to 1995. I Remember Radio show with Host Mike Whorf, a weekly program highlighting the greats of Radio past. Guests included George Burns, Bob Hope, Phil Harris, Milton Berle, Dinah Shore, and many more.
Pastor Paul Edwards
Host of “The center for the study of God & Culture 248-***-****