Rodney L. Mitchell, Jr
202-***-**** • firstname.lastname@example.org • https://terp4eva.wixsite.com/rodney
Communications and Public Affairs Professional
Success oriented creative professional with experience and expertise in all various aspects of multimedia storytelling, video and live event production. Excels in creatively bringing stories to life through film and audio. Demonstrate ability to enhance, motivate and build teams. Superb written communications, interpersonal and presentation skills. Hands on experience working with professional teams, executives, and major network representatives. Strong interest in any humanitarian advocacy related programs. Results-oriented with the ability to lead team members to successful project completion, while building excellent relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
• Pre and Post Production Video Creator
• Multimedia Specialist
• Advanced skill set in Adobe Premiere, Avid, Final Cut, Sony Vegas, Agile, Visual Studio Team
• Event Public Relations
• Abreast in using camera equipment like Cannon,
Sony, Apple, and Nikon.
• ENPS, ISQ Machine, INews, Adobe Creative Suite
• Entire Microsoft Office
2019 - B.S. in Multimedia Journalism, Morgan State University, Baltimore, MD, 2019 SELECTED ACCOMPLISHMENTS:
Event Public Relations
• Coordinated player interviews, press conferences, and other media events with local and national media.
• Produced content for Redskins weekly release.
• Distributed game-day and Super Bowl credentials to national and local media.
• Transcribed interviews and press conferences on game day.
• Assisted former VP of Communications in day-to day tasks and duties Pre and Post Production Video Creator
• Created, recorded and edited several short and long films that aired live
• Written several scripts that brought films to life, displaying uniquely compelling montages and highlights.
• Created and shot “Summer Colada”.
• Created live sports podcast named “GM Sports Report.” Was the first student football anchor at Morgan State.
• Pre-and post game co-host of the sports show “MSU Gamedday Exeperience.”
• Taught over 100 youth basics of camera editing, shooting, and talking on camera.
• Created a live reel on the Inside NBA set in Atlanta Professional Experience
• Associate Producer - New England Sports Network - Watertown, MA – (08-2019 – 12-2019)
• Production Assistant - NBC Sports Washington - Bethesda, MD – (01-2019 – 07- 2019)
• Media Associate - Super Bowl Experience- Brener, Zwikel & Associates - Atlanta, GA – (01-2019 – 02-2019)
• Production Intern - NBC Sports Washington - Bethesda, MD – (08-2018 – 12-2019)
• Public Relations Intern - Washington Redskins - Richmond, VA – (06-2018 – 08-2018)
• Co-Host - MSU Gameday Experience - WEAA 88.9 FM - Baltimore, MD – (02-2017 – 12-2017)
• Sports Production Intern - Turner Sport - Atlanta, GA – (05-2017 – 08-2017) US Army Reservist 2015-2019 Top Secret Clearance