• Dubai, United Arab Emirates
SENIOR QUANTITY SURVEYOR
Knowledgeable senior-level quantity surveyor with over 19-years of experience administering contractual details for large-scale civil, luxury mix-use residential, commercial, and industrial projects.
• Advanced expertise in negotiating and administering contracts governing all phases of complex construction projects.
• Proven history of success providing accurate cost estimates spanning materials, contractor work, and all aspects of development.
• Demonstrated skill in managing cost control and contractor performance to assure compliance with existing budgets and contract terms. Contract Negotiation & Administration • Cost Control • Value Engineering • Dispute Resolution avoidance • Project Cost Estimates • Insurance Documentation • Price Variations • Risk Schedules Project Risk Evaluation • Rate Analysis • Contractor Selection & Management Procurement Strategy • Documentation Management • Project Management
• Data Analysis • Civil Engineering • Tender Evaluation • Client Relations • FIDIC PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Dubai Mass Foundation, United Arab Emirates • 2016-Present Senior Quantity Surveyor – Dubai
Administer contractual and commercial aspects of construction project. Pre- Contract:
- Participating in preparation of Tenders concerning foundation for Commercial and Residential buildings
- Monitoring, controlling and reconciling projects MARIA KANUK
• Dubai, United Arab Emirates
SSH INTERNATIONAL, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates • 2013-2015 Senior Quantity Surveyor – ID CONSULTANCY (FIT-OUT WORKS) – Presidential Palace, Abu Dhabi
Administered contractual and commercial aspects of construction project and urbanization. Enjoyed intensive experience in monitoring, reporting and controlling major landmark project where I represented Consultant.
Utilized expertise which allowed me to advise and maintain high profitability on the portfolio of project. Highlights in figures were:
- Participated in preparation of Tenders worth more than 516 million USD.
- Procurement and Tender Evaluation of bids worth more than 180 million USD. Post Contract:
- Monitored, controlled and reconciled projects worth more than 550 million USD turnovers. MORGANTI GROUP, INC., Abu Dhabi & Dubai, United Arab Emirates • 2012-2013 – PROJECT MANAGEMENT – Residential Tower Al Nujoom, Dubai & Abu Dhabi Future School Globally recognized Construction Company with approximately 150 staff members worldwide. Senior Quantity Surveyor
Coordinated and administered contractual issues pertaining to large-scale construction projects. Maintained contract-relevant documentation including site instructions, risk schedules, insurance bonds and guarantees, and change orders. Ensured compliance of contractors and internal work with contract requirements. Oversee payments to contractor and subcontractor companies. Identify potential causes of contract disputes and play key role in resolution in cooperation with project management and construction management staff.
• Oversaw 2 highly complex large-scale construction projects worth AED 240 million and AED 500 million respectively, assuring timely and accurate completion.
• Identified numerous large discrepancies within payment certificates and contracts, securing significant savings for contractors and clients and preventing costly disputes. ENGINEERS OFFICE (EO - DIWAN), Dubai, United Arab Emirates •2004-2011- CONSULTANCY Government-owned agency responsible for design, construction, and maintenance of community and private development projects for UAE’s royal family. Projects worked on included: Villas, Mosques, Stables, Camel/ Horse tracks, Outdoor Sport courts, Golf courses, Gardens, Landscaping, etc. Quantity Surveyor
Administered expenses incurred in construction, civil engineering, landscaping, and irrigation projects throughout all phases of project cycle. Provided cost estimates for material purchasing, installations, and other construction work. Monitored variations to original bids and identified opportunities to reduce costs and maximize value. Hired and assigned work to subcontractor companies. Prepared and administered contracts, payment certificates, and other key documentation. Developed Bills of Quantities based on AutoCAD drawings, site reports, and other documentation. Delivered detailed advice regarding project budget risks and final costs.
• Assured 95% accuracy of budget estimations while administering budgets for multi-million- dollar high-profile construction projects.
• Improved team communication, resulting in improved budget control, accuracy, and planning.
• Promoted quickly throughout tenure, achieving sole responsibility for budget and estimation throughout all landscaping and irrigation projects.
• Standardised productivity rates throughout landscaping and irrigation departments, improving productivity and cost control.
• Dubai, United Arab Emirates
• Achieved Employee of the Month several times throughout employment due to performance. CARRARA MIDDLE EAST, LLC, Dubai, United Arab Emirates •2003-2004 – CONSTRUCTION Importer, fabricator, and installer of natural stone materials, with approximately 1,000 employees. Worked on Iconic projects, like Mall of the Emirates, luxury villas, Mosques. Quantity Surveyor
Managed Bill of Quantities for specialised marble, granite, travertine, and other natural stone installations within luxury villas, mosques, shopping malls, and other large-scale construction projects.
• Contributed to success of several high-profile projects, including Mall of the Emirates. EMBRACO LTD., Spisska Nova Ves, Slovak Republic •1999-2002 - CONSULTANCY Global manufacturer of cooling equipment and hermetic compressors, with approximately 9,600 employees worldwide.
Oversaw complex reconstruction of steel manufacturing factory to hermetic compressor manufacturing facility. Monitored project progress, time scheduling, and costs to assure compliance with schedules and budgets. Directed all aspects of expansion, reconstruction, and new buildings. Liaised with clients, architects, and authorities to assure timely completion of projects. Played key role in selecting and allocating work to contractors and subcontractors; ensured quality of contractor work. Verified Bills of Quantities.
• Supervised multi-million-dollar projects including pipeline overhead bridges, oil storage buildings, laboratories, and repairs of existing facilities. NOTE: Additional professional experience includes Structural Designer at PC Static and Civil Engineer / Draftsman at Nova. Details upon request. EDUCATION
Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
Technical University, Kosice, Slovak Republic
FIDIC • AutoCAD • RIB Construction Suite • CCS • Introduction to PMP Project Risk Management • Earned Value Management • Intermediate Irrigation Design Introduction to MS Project • Arabic Language for Beginners • English Language Study CERTIFICATIONS
• Cambridge certification of English as a foreign language • PMP introductory course• FCA • CAE • PCE• Current Applicant to CIOB membership (College of Contract Management, London – 1-year PCD online course completed successfully with passing CMP final exam) LANGUAGES (FLUENT)
English • Czech • Slovak
Microsoft Office: • Word, Excel • AutoCAD • SAP: RIB Construction Suite