PROFILE Print and Graphics Production & Management Professional QUALIFICATION SUMMARY
• • • • • Print Creative Press Customer Forklift shop work: & Copy Service, Production Motorized Offset, Writing, great Digital, equipment Management: Graphic Human Screen Relations. Print certification. and Scheduling, Design: Letterpress QuarkXpress, Quality Printing, Control, Bindery/Adobe Mentoring/InDesign, finishing Training, Illustrator, /converting. Inventory, Photoshop, Purchasing, software Budgeting. literacy. RECENT PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
04/2019 – 8/2019: NEWS PRINTING FACILITY OPERATOR, TEMP -- Sarasota Herald, via Select Staffing, Sarasota, Florida.
• Reel Room and Press Room. • Set-up and break downs of Web Printing 14 unit Goss Web press.
• Sort and install rolls web paper • Adjusting the press needed for various sizes, weights of newsprint
• All around assist where ever necessary in a fast paced deadline driven news production environment. 06/2017 – 09/2018: SCREEN PRINTING PRE-PRESS LEADER -- Leprechaun Promotions, Norcross, Georgia
• Lead the Pre-press Department overseeing a team of two or more employees, oversaw the conversion to CTS.
• Preparing Screens for print production with CTS (Computer to Screen), digital and analog equipment.
• Screen Management: Reclaiming, framing new screens, color separating, downloading, editing
• Exposing and processing original vector art on screens to ready them for the printing presses. 03/2013 – 12/2019: TRADESHOW TECHNICIAN -- IATSE Local 835 Tradeshow Union, Orlando, Florida.
• Handyman tasks • Installing and removing Trade Show booths
• Installing Large Format Graphics at Convention Center and Convention Hotels around Central Florida
• Carpentry Tools Friendly and other skills, doing duties as needed, during my spare time. 10/2001 – 03/2013: GRAPHICS COORDINATOR / DESIGNER / QUALITY INSPECTOR -- HotelbedsUSA, Orlando, Florida.
• Designed printed collateral: brochures, trade show materials, biz cards, stationary, large multi-page catalogs.
• Print Job traffic Management and Improved efficiency and saved the company money.
• Maintained image archive and print or web content of US tourism resorts and attractions
• Quality Inspected Vacation Pool Homes and Resort Vacation properties for accuracy.
• Did high-resolution photography, image editing and kept an image bank of Resort properties and attractions. 03/2007 – 09/2007: OFFSET PRESS OPERATOR (Part-time, 6 month temp contract position) -- (OUC) Orlando, FL.
• Multi-color printing of mostly billing inserts, special projects for Orlando Utilities Commission
• Operated Offset & Digital Printing and Bindery functions.
• Platemaking & Stripping.
• Aided mailroom during times of heavy duress, and any duty that was necessary or assigned. 03/1999 – 10/2001: LEAD PRINTING SERVICES OPERATOR -- Rollins College Publishing Center, Winter Park, Florida.
• Front Desk Customer Service. • Copyright permission and clearance.
• Training, supervising & mentoring staff, and student aides.
• Scheduled and executed work orders for department.
• Purchased and researched vendor costs for supplies.
• Monthly Billing & Charge-backs to departments.
2/1988 – 10/1998: PRINTING CLERK II -- Cosumnes River Community College, Sacramento, CA.
• Scheduling • Platemaking & proofing
• Offset and Digital Printing • Bindery & Finishing
• Inventory and supplies • Customer service
• Monitoring and Training student assistants
Associate in Applied Science degree, Graphic Communication, at New York City College of Technology, CUNY. City University of New York, 300 Jay Street, Downtown Brooklyn, NYC campus.
– I enjoy attending annual Graphic Arts Trade Shows, Seminars and Workshops and Classes on the latest trends and innovation.