Dr. CHANDRIGA SANKARANARAYANAN
M.B.B.S., M.S (Ophthalmology), D.O., Fellow in Cornea (U.S.A)
Contact Number :+91-956*******
Email Address : firstname.lastname@example.org
30+ YEARS CLINCAL AND 12 YEARS TEACHING EXPERIENCE IN OPHTHALMOLOGY.
Currently working as Consultant Ophthalmologist Surgeon in Private Multispecialty Hospital from August 2019.
PREVIOUS POSTS HELD
1. Consultant Ophthalmologist surgeon in Private Eye Clinic in Chennai from June 2016 to August 2019.
2. Specialist in Ophthalmology in Al Abeer Medical Center, Qatar from March 2013 to May 2016.
3. Specialist in Ophthalmology in Naseem Jeddah Hospitals,Jeddah, K.S.A from Feb 2012 to Feb 2013.
4. Consultant in Ophthalmology in Vasan Eye Care, Chennai from Sep 2010 to Jan 2012. 5. Consultant in Ophthalmology in Dr.Agarwal’s Medical Enclave, Chennai from Sep 2007 to Aug 2010.
6. Associate Professor in Ophthalmology in AlMargabi Medical University Alkhooms, Libya from Nov 2006 to July 2007.
7. Consultant in Ophthalmology in Apollo Hospitals, Chennai from Nov 2000 to May 2006.
8. Assistant Surgeon in Ophthalmology in Regional Institute and Government Ophthalmic Hospital, Chennai from Mar 1993 to July 1999. 9. Assistant Surgeon in Ophthalmology in Government Stanley Hospital, Chennai from Jan 1991 to Mar 1993.
10. Assistant Surgeon in Ophthalmology in Government Chengalpet Hospital, Chennai from May 1990 to Jan 1991.
11. Medical Officer in Government Primary Health Care Center, Kelambakkam, Chennai from July 1987 to June 1988.
12. Medical Officer in Pandian Hospital, Madurai from Feb 1982 to June 1983. PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
a. I have an experience of examining upto 40 outpatients daily. b. Fundus examination with Direct, Indirect ophthalmoscopes and 90D lens, Angle study with gonioscopy,IOP with Applanation, Schiotz and Tonopen were regularly done. SURGICAL EXPERIENCE:
a. I have done around 150 corneal transplants.
b. Phaco emulsification with foldable IOL around 160 surgeries. c. Non phaco small incision sutureless with IOL around 500 surgeries d. Extracapsular with IOL about 600 surgeries.
e. Intra and Extracapsular cataract extraction around 1500 surgeries. f. Trabeculectomy around 20 cases.
g. Pterygium excision, Chalazion, DCR, Ectropion and Entropion corrections. EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Sep 1997 – Oct 1997 : Fellowship in Cornea from Washington University, St. Louis, New York, USA.
2. Oct 1997 – Nov 1997: Fellowship in Cornea from Rochester University, Rochester, New York, USA.
3. July 1999 – June 2000 : Research Scholar in Ophthalmlogy-Cornea and Anteior segment from Rochester University, Rochester, New York, USA. 4. 1988 -1990 : Completed Master of Surgery (Ophthalmology) in Madras Medical College, Dr. M.G.R Medical University, Chennai, India. 5. 1984 -1986 : Completed Diploma in Ophthalmology in Madras Medical College, Madras University, Chennai, India.
6. 1975 -1982 : Completed M.B.B.S in Madurai Medical College, Madurai Kamaraj University, Madurai, India
1. Associate Professor in Ophthalmology in Al Margabi University, Alkhooms, Libya. for Undergraduate Medical students from Nov 2006 to July 2007. 2. Consultant in Ophthalmology in Apollo Hospitals, Chennai for Nursing students, Diploma in National Board Ophthalmology students from Nov 2000 to Oct 2006. 3. Assistant professor in Ophthalmology, Regional Institute and Government Ophthalmic Hospital, Chennai for Under graduate Medical, Post graduate Diploma and Masters Degree, Diploma in National Board, Optometry and Nursing Students From Mar 1993 to July 1999.
4. Assistant professor in Ophthalmology in Government Stanley Medical college, Chennai for Under graduate Medical, Post graduate Diploma andMasters Degree students from Jan 1991- March 1993.
5. Assistant professor in Ophthalmology in Government Chengelpet Medical College, for Undergraduate Medical students from May 1990 to Jan 1991. SUBSPECIALITIES:
1. I was working 6 months in each of the subspecialty clinics in Regional Institute and Government Ophthalmic Hospital.
2. I have 5 years experience in Cornea clinic. Our state Government appreciated my work and recommended for World Health Organisation sponsored Fellowship in Cornea in U.S.A for 3 months.
3. EYE CAMPS :
• Participated in more than 15 rural eye camps for cataract screening and surgeries.
• School Children eyes screening done regularly every month all over Chennai city.
All India Ophthalmic Conference 1994 presented papers on Dry Eyes and Acanthamoeba Keratitis. CONFERENCES:
• International -American Academy of Ophthalmology,U.S.A in 1997 and 1999.
• All India Ophthalmic Conference - Every year.
• Tamilnadu state Ophthalmic conference - Every year. PERSONAL DETAILS:
Father’s Name : Sankaranarayanan Ayyamperumal
Date of Birth : 20th April 1958
Gender : Female
Marital Status : Married
Nationality : Indian
Languages known : English, Tamil, Hindi, Malayalam and Arabic. Residential Address: Flat 3 First floor Vasanth Apts 9 Montieth lane Egmore Chennai 600008. REFERENCES
Dr. Vasantha, Former Director and Superintendent of Regional Institute, Chennai. Phone: 919*********
Dr. Radha Krishnan, Former Director, Regional Institute, Chennai. Phone : 919*********
Dr. Devi.S.Nath, Consultant Ophthalmologist, Chennai. Phone : 919*********.
Dr.Reena, Specialist in Gynecology, Health Spring World Clinic, Doha, Qatar. Phone : +974-********.