OBI VANESSA CHIOMA
Date of Birth: 16th August 1987
Marital Status: Single
Vanessa Chioma Obi is Computer literate., and a graduate of Archaeology and Tourism,She is very friendly and courteous; her training has empowered her to be detailed, analytical and decisive, Vanessa now seeks suitable positions with employers who care strongly passionate about the personal and professional development of their employees and who will take pride in seeing her develop and been promoted to her individual maximum potential towards the ultimate benefits and goals of the organization.
July-August, 2018 USAID -The Demographic and Health Surveys Sampling -
(DHS e-learning Survey Sampling and Health Surveys Training Course) EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND
Date Institution Qualifications
2015-2016 National Open University of Nigeria. PGD Business administration June 2015 Maven School of Interior Design Proficiency Skills in Interior Design
Feb-Sept,2012 Nigerian Institute of Management Proficiency in Management 2005 – 2010 University of Nigeria, Nsukka B.A Archaeology and Tourism
(Second Class Honors- Lower Division)
Sept –Dec’02 APTECH Computers Ltd, Abuja Proficiency in Information Systems 1995 – 2001 Fed. Govt. Girls’ College.Ibusa Senior Secondary Certificate Exam 1989 – 1995 Radiance Nursery & Primary First School Leaving Certificate School. Festac Town.
.Organization: ZimRa Enterprise
Position: Head of Operations
Date: February 2019 till date
● Implement efficient processes and standards.
● Coordinate customer service operations and find ways to ensure customer retention
● Researching and implementing new directives for business growth and prosperity Organization: Center for Public Policy Alternative Position: Intervention Specialist for Lagos Tax Project Date: June 2018 -December, 2018
● Educate stakeholders on the benefits of paying tax and penalties of not paying tax.
● Evaluate and analyse outcomes of the intervention
● Conduct research on business vendors and business owners
● Design Interventions chanmels
Organization:Department for International Development (Mott MacDonald Cambridge Education)
Department for International Development (Mott MacDonald Cambridge Education) aims to improve the learning outcomes of children attending private schools, in particular those from low-income families. This will be achieved by facilitating a more enabling environment for private schools and a more effective market for them to offer an increased quality of education
Date: June, 2013 –May,2018
● Perform research using credible sources.
● Compile research documents.
● Hold focus groups and document the results.
● Assess needs of target respondents
● Exhibit the results of research in presentation format.
● Perform data entry and manage research databases.
● Prepare programs for data entry
● Obtain consent forms if using test subjects.
● Deliver survey.
● Assist in the collection, analysis and review of experimental data for publication and presentation.
● Code, clean and regroup data
● Participate in improvement programs.
● Provide research results to help decision-making process within company
● Plan, conduct, and complete various investigations.
● Assist with the writing and editing of experimental results for publication in journals.
● Facilitate trainings of Stakeholder
Organization: LIMEK LIMITED
Job Description: Take purchase requests from various departments within the company and get price quotes from suppliers, contacting suppliers within the oil and gas sector to schedule deliveries or to discuss shortages or missed deliveries. Position: Procurement Officer
Date: January, 2013- May, 2013
● Processing purchase requisitions/orders within purchasing authority
● Assessing and awarding suppliers’ tenders and proposals
● Establishing and negotiating contract terms and conditions
● Maintaining suppliers’ relationships
● Preparing and maintaining purchasing records, reports and price lists Organization: KADUNA REFINING AND PETROCHEMICAL COMPANY (NYSC) Job Description: Responsible for carrying out community relations activities including local communities’ notification & liaison, issues management, and to assist in reviewing community relations programs, materials and practices. Position: Community Relations Officer, Community Relations Unit, Public Affairs Department
Date: December 2011-November 2012
● Dispatching of internal memos to various units
● Perfrom research
● Facilitation of meetings with Stakeholders
● Report writing
● Coordinating YESAP-Youths Empowerment and Skills Acquisition Programme for the Youths.
● Organizing events and communications to represent our Organization throughout the community
● Sensitize the community on health matters
● Seeing to the coordination of medical professionals on community health
● Empowering members of the communitty
● Providing relief materials to the community
Organization: MIDAS TRAINING CENTER (SAT AND TOEFL) Job Description: Deal with customer enquiries and any complaints and be a customer's first point of contact with the company I work for
Position: Customer Service Representative
Date: January 2003 –November 2004
● Detailed understanding of customer needs.
● Clear and timely response to customer complaints and enquiries
● Accurate communication of company products to customers
● Manage large amounts of incoming calls
● Resolve customer complaints via phone, email, mails
● Handle complaints, provide appropriate solutions and alternatives within the time limits and follow up to ensurere solution
● Compile reports on overall customer satisfaction SPECIAL QUALITIES AND SKILLS
● I have good communication and interpersonal skills, hence I am able to relate well with people of all cadre and not being judgmental of them
● I have strong skills in record keeping, developing and good report-writing skills
● In whatever situation, I always keep focused on my goals and objectives
● I am an efficient and effective trainer.
● I have an analytical mind to solving emergency situations and also detail-oriented
● I am a dependable and hardworking individual with the ability to learn new things quickly towards improving myself
● I am a certified computer literate
● I am a self-starter and a team player
HOBBIES AND INTERESTS
Researching, Reading, Singing and Swimming
Mr. Adebayo Adeyemi
Department For International Development
(Mac Donald Cambridge Education)
Project and Team Leader
Center for Public Policy Alternative
Mre Gift Ochy Aggreh
Director of Operations
Limek Procurement Limited