firstname.lastname@example.org / 423-***-****
Accomplished project manager bringing 10+ years of experience in the building materials industry. Practiced in managing small to large scale projects within manufacturing and engineering. Exemplary track record in efficient communication, problem-solving and leadership as exemplified by the successful quality completion of several projects within established timelines and under budget. Effectively drive change and manage staff to quickly resolve problems that arise. Extensive project coordination, prioritization and utilization of time management techniques.
● Certified Forklift Operator
● Engineering Project Management
● Team Leadership
● Manufacturing Operations
● Masonry & Materials
● Purchasing & Procurement
● RFP Development
● Quality Assurance & Control
● Process Improvements
● Productivity Enhancement
● Materials Management
● Vendor Relations
Kiln Supervisor / Carolina Ceramics - Columbia, SC 08/2018 - Current
● Direct and oversee a 24-hour kiln operation, monitoring daily brick quality checks.
● Modify kiln settings to support different sizes and raw materials.
● Continually work to increase quality while maximizing efficiency through implementation of process improvement initiatives and process reengineering.
Ceramic Engineer / Pine Hall Brick - Fairmount, GA 01/2015 - 06/2017
● Managed burning department, overseeing and developing a staff comprising 10 team members.
● Oversaw operation of three tunnel kilns at Pine Hall's Georgia location.
● Coordinated projects including refractory wall rebuild and addition of gas burner zone.
● Optimized combustion systems to increase kiln efficiencies while maintaining high product quality.
● Adjusted kiln settings to allow for different sizes and raw materials.
● Monitored daily physical property quality checks of fired product.
● Identified kiln performance issues and corrected.
● Performed quality checks of raw materials.
● Conducted traveling thermocouple analyses.
Ceramic Engineer / General Shale Brick - Johnson City, TN 06/2004 - 09/2014
● Delivered comprehensive technical support for all brick kilns in the company in the Eastern United States.
● Continuously evaluated and assessed processes to identify strategies for minimizing losses in production.
● Performed traveling thermocouple analyses and designed / oversaw installation of coal and natural gas combustion systems.
● Performed ASTM testing for brick and concrete masonry units within the company.
● Executed laboratory analysis on raw materials including dilatometer, thermal gradient furnace, carbon/sulfur analyzer, and particle size distribution.
● Facilitated the design and create new texturing patterns for green brick.
● Provided kiln operation training and assistance for plant personnel.
● Conducted air quality testing for kiln exhaust emissions within the company.
● Participated in numerous engineering projects while adhering to strict time and financial deadlines.
● Collaborated with Ceric on commissioning of new brick kilns within the company.
● Assisted with exploration of new raw material reserves.
● Contributed to minimizing landfill waste as member of the recycle committee. EDUCATION AND TRAINING
Clemson University - Clemson, SC 2004
Bachelor of Science: Ceramic and Materials Engineering GPA: 3.46, Cum Laude Honors