Dunstable, MA. 01827
Well-rounded Master Plumber with technical and business development skills. Currently a Plumber in the Boston Local 12 Plumbers Union. High-performing individual who purchased a plumbing and heating supply company, resulting in an attractive acquisition. Exceptional management skills demonstrated by slashing costs 30%, by negotiating pricing structures for the business. Expertly applying plumbing, heating, and air conditioning skills on various projects for commercial and residential applications. Conducted project management and oversight management services as a Lead Plumber. Summary of Skills:
• Highly experienced in plumbing, and heating with some air conditioning skills, both commercial and residential.
• Commercial and residential developer and trades coordinator.
• Able to lead, manage, and work within a team environment.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Skilled mechanic of steam, gas, lab renovations, oil burners, and clean rooms.
• Master Plumber, Journeyman Plumber, Pipefitter, Sprinkler Contractor, and Process Piping Licenses.
Boston Local 12 Plumbers Union 2017-2019
Roto-Rooter Plumbing Division 2017
• Lead Plumber for the North of Massachusetts
• Estimating as well as scheduling and supporting a five man crew, while ensuring the continuation and enhancements of services .
• Restructured pricing, deliveries, and ordering with suppliers.
• Performed service, and construction jobs, as well as all heat calls. Barrell Plumbing and Heating, Project Manager 2015-2016
• Estimate scope of work and supplies needed for service and large projects.
• Coordinate commercial and residential technicians, contractors, supplies.
• Ensure projects are within budget and completed on time.
• Schedule inspections and review permits.
• Create quotes, communicate with clients and develop a schedule to complete projects.
Murray Supply Company, Outside Sales 2013 - 2015
• Assisted with the acquisition of Washburn Supply Company.
• Accomplished new product terms and conditions on existing lines to bring in new customers, as well as trouble shoot any product defects .
• Created company brand awareness, to any of my new and existing relationships, resulting in repeat business from new customers.
Plumbers Supply Company, Outside Sales 2011 - 2012
• Created industry and brand awareness to the company’s target customers through my existing relationships, informing them of our two new stores in the local area.
• Focused on maintaining current customers and growing a new customer base.
• Performed cold calling that increased sales revenue, even during difficult economic times.
• Job site trouble shooting, heat configurations, and all product related issues. P.V.Sullivan, Inside/Outside Sales 2007 - 2011
• Worked inside and outside sales that helped grow revenue, which contributed to the completion for a company sale to Plumbers Supply Co.
• Manage a team of eight full time employees.
• Created strong engaging relationships with all vendors and customers.
• Shared most daily purchase decisions.
Arlex Plumbing and Heating Supply Company, Owner / Operator 2001 - 2007
• Reduced expenses through price negotiation and terms with existing vendors, and pursued new vendors to increase profits.
• Partnered with competitors to increase buying power and set profit margins amongst each other, which expedited company growth .
• Implemented a computerized corporate system to track and analyze all aspects of the business, while upgrading the facility and equipment.
• Increased buying power, product lines, and inventory, which helped to triple my business, making the company an attractive acquisition for P.V. Sullivan.
• Facilitated and supervised the sale of Arlex Supply to P.V. Sullivan in August 2007. Self Employed, Licensed Master Plumber 1999 - 2001
• Plumbing, heating, gas repairs and installations.
• Commercial and residential plumbing, heating, and gas work for renovations and new construction.
• Coordinated all tradesmen on multi-unit heating and plumbing renovations. Arthur D. Little, Lead Plumber 1987 - 1999
• Tradesman contact for all lab renovations and the lead plumber for all campus plumbing, heating, air conditioning, and sprinkler maintenance, both on and off site, including government projects pertaining to plumbing, heating, gas, oil, or steam.
• Worked with high pressure steam, condensate tanks, traps, and pumps.
• Coordinated with any inside or outside contractors as needed. Education:
Northeastern University, Boston, MA. / Austin Preparatory High School, Reading, MA.